Deposit cheque to wrong bank

Mugen85

My company issued me a OCBC bank cheque.

I wrote my POSB bank acc number and phone number etc.

Suppose to drop it into POSB bank but instead dont know what I thinking that day dropped it into OCBC bank.

Will there be any complications or anything?

Many thanks :D

↡ Advertisement

Suppose to drop it into POSB bank but instead dont know what I thinking that day dropped it into OCBC bank.

I guess OCBC should call and advise you if you have written down your phone number at the back!

Did you leave your contact number? I believe OCBC will contact you to go and retrieve the cheque cos they cannot do anything with it.

Don't worry, they'll call you.

Once I wrote the acct number incomplete missing the first few digits which is the branch number. They call me and tell me gotta bounce the cheque.

My friend went down to the bank and banged table asking them how come can know which intended acct is for but just can't bank it.........it's actually the pay for the workers......... [:p]

Don't worry, they'll call you.

Once I wrote the acct number incomplete missing the first few digits which is the branch number. They call me and tell me gotta bounce the cheque.

My friend went down to the bank and banged table asking them how come can know which intended acct is for but just can't bank it.........it's actually the pay for the workers......... [:p]

you wrote wrongly and your friend still dare to bang table :huh: :huh:

the bank told you and you never go tell your friend?

I did exactly that!

An OCBC officer called me the next day and informed me about my mistake.

As I also have an account with OCBC, I instructed her to credit into that account instead.

She mentioned that if I chose to, she can snail-mail the cheque back to me, .. for my subsequent banking into POSBank.

you wrote wrongly and your friend still dare to bang table :huh: :huh:

the bank told you and you never go tell your friend?

Just incomplete acct no. with the 1st 3-digits missing.....the bank called me and I said ok no prob. Told my friend liao but he kan cheong spider go down to the branch and banged table........the bank called me to apologised again and again.......I just told my friend to relac and give the teller a break too lah......... :wacko:

I did it once before, the teller called me and inform me abt the problem, she offer a solution by telling me that there is another ocbc few shops away, she can take the cheque and drop it in for me if i wanted it...haha [:p] ok loh problem solved for everyone.

Dont worry, maybe the bank teller will be kind enought to bank into POSB for you. :D

What if some chiak ark person tore up the cheque? :D

Anyway just go back to the branch and ask to collect the cheque back.

Edited by Watwheels

Some branches will call you to collect the cheque back.

Others more lazy ones (very few) will put it through to cheque clearing house. Then the clearing house will issue letter to your company with the cheque image that you can use to deposit into correct bank or they will ask company issue new cheque.

How can I put a signature on my posts?????????????

Thanks.

click on your nickname on the above ...got to ''about me''...you will find ''edit my signature''.....do what you want but follow the rule in setting up a signature..

Edited by LoverofCar

There was once I did something similar to what you did (quick-drop a UOB cheque at UOB when it was supposed to be QCD into DBS) and surprisingly I received the funds in my DBS account.

The QCD was done at HDB hub, and as the UOB branch is just next to the DBS branch, my conjecture is that a kind soul working at UOB doing the cheque clearance actually helped to walk over and did the QCD over at DBS based on the branch/account number (I had included the branch code at the back of the cheque's account number field).

To date I do not know who was kind enough to do that but kudos to him/her for his generous gesture.

Some branches will call you to collect the cheque back.

Others more lazy ones (very few) will put it through to cheque clearing house. Then the clearing house will issue letter to your company with the cheque image that you can use to deposit into correct bank or they will ask company issue new cheque.

I also accidentally dropped into the wrong bank before. Wrote OCBC account number but dropped in POSB cheque box.

Surprisingly, the cheque cleared and money was in my OCBC account.

You just wait to see what happens. ^_^

↡ Advertisement