Surprising 2013

Renegade777

Neutral Newbie

Koreans are always copying the Japanese in many ways because they were once ruled by the japs.

Hon-ma?

That is kansai dialect btw.

Say that in Korea, I double dare you. ;-)

Koreans are ppl too. If a product speaks for itself, then the extra history is baggage. Of course got the leftists and rightists. Not forgetting the extremists.

Koreans are usually patriotic, schooled from young. They learn to make their decisions on their own. Korean dudes like Japanese chicks and japanese dudes chat up the kimchi beauties.

Make love not war baby.

Even the koreans themselves think japanese cars are better ..

Didn't know that Camry was introduced in Korea only in 2011!

Edited by Eng40765

Toyota cars extremely reliable n comfortable compared to Korean cars.

Toyota Vios and corolla more comfy than a cerato forte and the new elantra <_< ?

Have you ever sat in both? The sound proofing in the paper thin Toyotas is so weak.

As for reliability? 4 Speed gearbox and NA engines are very very old technology. If they are not reliable when used now, Toyota should have been shut down long ago. Now the question is, are the 6 speed gear box that Hyundai has having problems?

Toyata is more reliable...People keep saying that like it makes sense! Then ok CRT TVs are also more reliable than LCD TVs when they 1st came out. Then u would buy a CRT TV? Also, how many recalls must Toyota have before people realize that the Jap cars maker, like their Sony and Sharp counterparts have been rather complacent for years. Sure they are still quite reliable, not better than other established brands.

the question is why are you achieving the almost same fuel economy and performance on a Toyota that has a body so light (less safe, less equipment and comfort). i do not own a Korean car, but today if I wanna buy a cheaper new car. There is nothing from Toyota or Honda that gives me a reason to buy them over a Kia or Hyundai.

Yes, Corolla is still more comfortable than the Elantra/Avante/Forte. In the comfort department, the Camry is still better than the i45. Just check out the US reviews on youtube.

So the koreans have improved a lot, but still not there yet.

Yes, Corolla is still more comfortable than the Elantra/Avante/Forte. In the comfort department, the Camry is still better than the i45. Just check out the US reviews on youtube.

So the koreans have improved a lot, but still not there yet.

Agree, otherwise, no reason for koreans to be priced cheaper.

If Kia/Hyundai is there in quality as Toyota, would you sell cheaper with lower OMV given same quality, dont think they are stupid, its about overall value, Toyota is top auto this year again due to overall value, not because they are cheapest.......One day if Kia/hyundai equals toyota quality, price would be not much difference too.

Agree, otherwise, no reason for koreans to be priced cheaper.

If Kia/Hyundai is there in quality as Toyota, would you sell cheaper with lower OMV given same quality, dont think they are stupid, its about overall value, Toyota is top auto this year again due to overall value, not because they are cheapest.......One day if Kia/hyundai equals toyota quality, price would be not much difference too.

Today price for a Elantra Elite is S$150999 , toyota Altis sportivo (top range) at S$147988 . Both top range. Please check and dont just 'hearsay' or think so.May i shall list some more price for the same range /categories just for your info,

Nissan Almera Premium 1.5 @ S$127800

Mazda 3 Delux 1.6 @ S$150988

Subaru impreza 1.6 @ S$136300

Chev Cruze 1.6 LS PEPS SS Sports Edition (A) @ S$143999

Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 @S$148999 ETC.....

So Kimchi car Cheaper? even is cheap, also by a few K only.

Today price for a Elantra Elite is S$150999 , toyota Altis sportivo (top range) at S$147988 . Both top range. Please check and dont just 'hearsay' or think so.May i shall list some more price for the same range /categories just for your info,

Nissan Almera Premium 1.5 @ S$127800

Mazda 3 Delux 1.6 @ S$150988

Subaru impreza 1.6 @ S$136300

Chev Cruze 1.6 LS PEPS SS Sports Edition (A) @ S$143999

Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 @S$148999 ETC.....

So Kimchi car Cheaper? even is cheap, also by a few K only.

Why bother to argue with those fellow which talk nia , cannot afford talk more pointless. The sales in Sg has already proven that people still buy cars just only not japanese or korean bb. Given current prices i would rather get a second hand hybrid which probably cost 2/3 of the current price for a relatively new model.

The only point where the KR supporters can afford is when COE is at below 20k for a korean make not when COE is at 80k levels. The few k cheaper isn't much of a savings since FC and maintainace would probably cover for those differences. That said , comfort levels of the higher end models of jap makes and reliablity are still better than those offered by the KR makes here.

Just see the paint works of a 4 year old allions vs cerato forte.

Japan doesnt seems to catch up in technology any faster than korean. Japan still wan stick to old technology. Korean is catchin up very fast. Eg. Sony used to b top brand. Now? Samsung kimchi is way above them.

Japan doesnt seems to catch up in technology any faster than korean. Japan still wan stick to old technology. Korean is catchin up very fast. Eg. Sony used to b top brand. Now? Samsung kimchi is way above them.

japan is the kind who wont risk reliability..

now that they see samsung using LED for their TVs then they follow coz of the reliability.

basically, the koreans are the "testers" for the japs to follolw

japan is the kind who wont risk reliability..

now that they see samsung using LED for their TVs then they follow coz of the reliability.

basically, the koreans are the "testers" for the japs to follolw

The punchline that you should have included in your post is that the LED panels are now all made in china by the same PRC and Taiwanese owned factories whether supplied to Samsung or some Japanese brand to market. So your point about reliability and how Japanese brands using Koreans as "test-water" is moot because the panels are all of similar origin.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

The punchline that you should have included in your post is that the LED panels are now all made in china by the same PRC and Taiwanese owned factories whether supplied to Samsung or some Japanese brand to market. So your point about reliability and how Japanese brands using Koreans as "test-water" is moot because the panels are all of similar origin.

Made from china doesnt mean it is from china. Technology still under korean. Is same lik i design u make. Designer still me. U are just my a worker. Without me u nothing.

Camry is a good car. Not sports car or haolian car. But it is a good car.

Agreed

Had one for three years, enjoyed it especially when I was not in the mood to push it hard but just need to go from A to B fuss free and in decent pace and peace.... It stays in top three selling cars in the US market not for no reasons. [thumbsup]

I had drove the 2.5L, 6spd auto Camry in Australia last Dec. All I can said is the 4 cylinder engine is very smooth and quiet, the 6spd auto was also responsive and smooth. Other than that, the whole drive is boring and going through corner like a boat.

↡ Advertisement