Fatal accident 25 Jan 13 (Junction on AMK Ave 6 / YCK Rd) -

Berncsp76

the tricky thing is biker hit rear door of merc. which means biker could have the means to slow down unless riding too fast.

if say two cars involved in similar accident, it won't be 100% against merc, probably 50-50 or even less.

based on impact points, it's tricky. the video footage though would put blame on merc driver cos he should not move off when there's incoming vehicle.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

the tricky thing is biker hit rear door of merc. which means biker could have the means to slow down unless riding too fast.

if say two cars involved in similar accident, it won't be 100% against merc, probably 50-50 or even less.

based on impact points, it's tricky. the video footage though would put blame on merc driver cos he should not move off when there's incoming vehicle.

better have the footage cos i believe also it might be 50-50 if there isn't any evidence.

i also kenna a similar situation long time back, but with a pickup. was going straight and lights were in my favor but no camera footage or witness.

pickup driver lied that i beat red light.

verdict was 50-50. -_-

Neutral Newbie

If biker crashes on front wheel, left side of car, smashes chest on pillar between doors and gets rolled over the lower ribs by left rear wheel. Still 50/50 without beedio?

Same scenario, car scoots out to beat amber on right turn, bike rolling through junction, cannot brake in time, car blocked him from nowhere.

Watching the most horrid movie in real time. Gone in 3 seconds.

Save lives, move motorbikes into open category COE.

Btw there's a kind soul who uploaded the video for aid in investigation but the video only partial view...need more clearer pictures if anyone has it, probably the first car and van near to the stop line.

Look on right side of traffic,at about 17:35:53...u will see box fly.datz when the accident happened... [:(]

Just make it compulsory for all vehicles to have front cameras and a black box to record all evidence. It will be easier to nap errant drivers if we cooperate , easier for innocent parties to defend themselves as well.

Please makes the roads safe. Rip to the girl.

Riding a bike or bicycle remains dangerous as long as drivers continue to break rules.

Edited by CH_CO

Neutral Newbie

Just make it compulsory for all vehicles to have front cameras and a black box to record all evidence. It will be easier to nap errant drivers if we cooperate , easier for innocent parties to defend themselves as well.

Please makes the roads safe. Rip to the girl.

Riding a bike or bicycle remains dangerous as long as drivers continue to break rules.

To be fair to drivers, bikers and cyclist also endanger themselves by breaking rules.

Riding bike or bicycle is inherently dangerous because of the fact that 'meat wrap over metal' and that they are smaller in size. It is harder to spot them and even a slight accident can result in injury.

Try spoting a cyclist at night riding towards you without any headlight.

I am a biker and driver, I know what I am talking about.

To TS, are there cctv on the lamp post at that junction?

Quite a no. of lamp post at traffic junctions have cctv.

This police chase and accident was caught on a lamppost cctv in sg.

Hope it helps widen your search pattern for evidence

Sat morning drove past by Ave 6 at 10.45am. Got motorcyclist kena bang on the road goin up north.

Lying on the road motionless. Very near the overheaad bridge opposite AMK centre. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

My Godfather died because he rode a motorcycle. I don't blame the driver. I had told him numerous times to stop riding.

Still blame myself for not able to get him to stop. This grief applies here too.

Riders have no idea the pain and sadness they create at the road junction. Regardless of fault.

1. Motorcycle riding fees ought to be increased to beyond car learning fees.

2. Jack their insurance up and push their COE to open category.

3. Make delivery of fast food by sub-compact vehicles only.

4. Couriers (professionals) get their own tradesmen class. (and own marked bikes)

5. TP stop to use bikes as enforcement tools. (remove sense of authority for bikers).

Deal with them like cigarette smoking, squeeze them until these ppl understand what liberty means.

To be responsible ppl, then liberty applies.

From the partial vid, one bike was zooming through the junction before the accident no?

Were the lights changing?

From the partial vid, one bike was zooming through the junction before the accident no?

the lights were red but the bike crossed since it seems he was being chased by the police (car behind with flashing lights).

RIP young lady. Hopefully someone who has the video footage will be willing to pass it to the family....a closure helps the living to move on with life, though the sadness and grief will not always totally be erased any lesser. May all sweet memories of her time spent here be a healing balm of sorts.

Safe ride, guys....take care

Cheers

• Praise 1

If biker crashes on front wheel, left side of car, smashes chest on pillar between doors and gets rolled over the lower ribs by left rear wheel. Still 50/50 without beedio?

Same scenario, car scoots out to beat amber on right turn, bike rolling through junction, cannot brake in time, car blocked him from nowhere.

Watching the most horrid movie in real time. Gone in 3 seconds.

Save lives, move motorbikes into open category COE.

Congratulations, you've won the award for the first idiotic post of the year 2013.

My Godfather died because he rode a motorcycle. I don't blame the driver. I had told him numerous times to stop riding.

Still blame myself for not able to get him to stop. This grief applies here too.

Riders have no idea the pain and sadness they create at the road junction. Regardless of fault.

1. Motorcycle riding fees ought to be increased to beyond car learning fees.

2. Jack their insurance up and push their COE to open category.

3. Make delivery of fast food by sub-compact vehicles only.

4. Couriers (professionals) get their own tradesmen class. (and own marked bikes)

5. TP stop to use bikes as enforcement tools. (remove sense of authority for bikers).

Deal with them like cigarette smoking, squeeze them until these ppl understand what liberty means.

To be responsible ppl, then liberty applies.

Another dimwit who thinks the government should enforce all activities in life. You mean human's should stop accepting responsibility for their own decisions and actions? What's next, ban construction industry from using 5-ton vehicles to transport cement/supplies?

Btw there's a kind soul who uploaded the video for aid in investigation but the video only partial view...need more clearer pictures if anyone has it, probably the first car and van near to the stop line.

Look on right side of traffic,at about 17:35:53...u will see box fly.datz when the accident happened... [:(]

I notice a yellow sonata taxi on the right lane and its the first car on the stop line..

And since most taxis are equipped with car cam, the possibility of the taxi equipped with car cam is high and since he is the 1st car, would have the best picture of the accident..

So, would be good if can try to find the taxi.. before the video gets overwritten (assuming he has car cam)

Can't see clearly at all....

Was the motor speeding?

Neutral Newbie

Riders in the USA have the option not to use a helmet.

I just saw a rider smoke a fag while riding. Way cool like easy rider.

No generalizations, just considering to get mothers to sign a petition to move motorbikes into open category COE.

They tend to hurt the most.

Collectively. I think speaker is also a mother.

Hmmmm...

M for mommy.

↡ Advertisement