Help on a minor accident

HHS

hi guys first time got a minor accident aft 3 yrs driving, and it happened in JB near custom back to sg, so need some advice here. i was stuck in the jam, so really boring start to play a bit my hp, i applied my handbreak but maybe not firm enough, suey my car iching forward and front number plate had a contact with the front car bumper (sg car), it's at very slow speed and only a light touch, my number plate is those soft plastic one so no metal cotact. got off and checked the front car rear bumper with the driver and i can not see any mark there but the lady driver insist there's scraches :wacko: , I still offered to pay her some money and settle on the spot but she refused, saying this car belong to her husband and she can't decided how much. so we took some photo and exchanged the particular and left, she said her husband will call me aft check. i was wondering what will happen next, can they claim a lot from me, searched some case in the forum and some ppl really know how to chop...so can those have experience give some advice here,

1. any difference for accidents happened in sg and JB

2. how much is the fair amount for such case to settle, i willing to pay her some $ as indeed i touched her car

3. if they claim high high on me or say want to change a new bumper, can they do that and what shall i do?

4. is it worth to let my insurance to settle this for me, or what is the best way to handle such case

many tks bros

Edited by HHS
↡ Advertisement

make sure that you have taken pictures of her bumper clearly so that if she goes home and makes more scratches, it won't be your fault

if indeed you have all the pictures and they show that there is no damage, insurance will never pay for a complete new bumper so don't worry

just offer him $200 or less range if you really cannot see any form of dent in or damage....

if other party 's car , bumper damage or big scratches , $500 or more due to replacement car etc....

using insurance claims will affect your ncd if you had 50% already.

just offer him $200 or less range if you really cannot see any form of dent in or damage....

if other party 's car , bumper damage or big scratches , $500 or more due to replacement car etc....

using insurance claims will affect your ncd if you had 50% already.

$200? is it a bit high? last time i remember my frd respray his whole bumper 100+ only,

ever kena kissed by sg car at nshw.

light damage n scratches to bumper, but my ride was new, didnt go to AD, jus outside workshop...

saw the bill workshop claimed from behind car was almost about 2.5k...

jus for ur ref in case u tink light scratch a few hundred bucks

Neutral Newbie

So now you know why TP do not allow drivers to use hp while driving, momentarily lost of focus, Bang. Best report to insurer,cannot trust the other driver,esit u kena chop.

ever kena kissed by sg car at nshw.

light damage n scratches to bumper, but my ride was new, didnt go to AD, jus outside workshop...

saw the bill workshop claimed from behind car was almost about 2.5k...

jus for ur ref in case u tink light scratch a few hundred bucks

ya that's how the workshop makes money, do anyone think it's fairl to repair a bumper at 2.5k? unless this is a bently, that's also the reason y i lot of ppl not willing to report insurance for minor accident as those so call appointed shops are the source of chop carrots

I would rather contact husband ASAP..be apologetic, sounds humble, say sorry.. Offer pay $200-500 settle n that's it, sounds alot but it gives them option to respray right? If it's yr car that got hit, got people offer u $50-100 you will take??

Argue on whether the dent worth repair worst.. The other party party feed up, just send to claim 3rd party against u and says wife injured etc.. U will lose all your 30% ncb. U do the maths see which is more worth it..

ya that's how the workshop makes money, do anyone think it's fairl to repair a bumper at 2.5k? unless this is a bently, that's also the reason y i lot of ppl not willing to report insurance for minor accident as those so call appointed shops are the source of chop carrots

Bro, u never got hit by another car before right? Do u know it's damn troublesome? Got to some a workshop or reporting centre within 24hours.. Drive down, write story, write statement, and draw photo how it happen. And all these happen because a bugger behind didn't pay attention and play HP.. So if I have to waste my time doing all these, I would wanna make sure car come back swee swee.. Bec also dL careless driver.. And would not accept $50-100... Who cares how much workshop will charge the 3rd party.

So only way out for u is to contact husband before he report his workshop to claim u.. Say sorry, pay the $200-500, sign the mutual agreement form. Once he is in workshop, his workshop sure claim u and it's morebthan 3k with cost courtesy car for him.

Don't be penny wise, pound foolish... It's 100% your fault, your insurer will gladly pay them $3k to close case... They would care even if the repair should be just $100, and spend their time writing report, engage lawyer for u over a 3k claim.. the courtesy car cost from the other party will be $100per day x 10 days... So go figure yourself ok

Since the accident happened outside Singapore, it is not governed by Singapore laws. It is very difficult if he/she wants to recover the damage from you through legal means.

As a gentleman, just pay for damage the other party suffered , but if the other party asks for the moon,then they can't do much if you refuse to pay.

If you claim that it is her car that reversed and hit your car, Is she going to prove otherwise in Malaysia court?

Happened to me once at msia customs, gear is in D, didn't step on brake hard enough car inched forward and slightly touched the car in front. Both me and the front driver got out of our cars, i quickly apologized. The front driver inspect the bumper for scratches and didn't noticed any and told me its ok. We both moved on after that.

I hope you dont get carrot chop but this is sg, my hopes are not high for you. Kena bang bumper to someone is like strike 4D. Life is stressful, everyone is stretch to the limit trying to put up a glamorous front and any opportunities for easy money, they sure grab. BUT, I still wish the other party are gracious people. By the way, what car did you bumped into?

Edited by Mcfguy

(edited)

Since the accident happened outside Singapore, it is not governed by Singapore laws. It is very difficult if he/she wants to recover the damage from you through legal means.

As a gentleman, just pay for damage the other party suffered , but if the other party asks for the moon,then they can't do much if you refuse to pay.

If you claim that it is her car that reversed and hit your car, Is she going to prove otherwise in Malaysia court?

tks for ur advice bro, i will definitely compensate them if the husband call me. Even through from inspection and photo you can not see any contact mark, don't talk about dent or pain drop, i will still pay them as i caused inconvienance to her

i admit it's my fault, however i will also not being a easy carrot for ppl to chop, reasonable is the key, who don't make mistakes? if u being unreasonable, then so do i. But frankly i really hope this kind of 3rd party claim framework can be reviewed and fine tune, and to stop those loop holes [wave]

Edited by HHS

me having almost the same story like Torquemonster, just that when i reverse in a carpark, my car backside accidentally peck on the other car front bumper.

after i apologise to him n no scratches or dent, both of us just move on.

anyway just have to drive with care n dont get distracted by any other things while driving.

Edited by Rezorn86

even if at fault, you can be humble but never say sorry.respray for one panel is around 200-300 on average.

↡ Advertisement