Acceptable date of mfg

Ysc3

Twincharged

what is the acceptable age for a set of new tires - between the manufactured date and date of installation ?

eg, will you accept news tires that are 6 months old from the factory and had been lying in the shop for that whole period of time ?

↡ Advertisement

It looks fine for me......from the factory to the workshop as can't be everyday so many cars in the area kena puntured......plus not all cars using the same size of tyres leh.......not forgetting the brand as well......

so mfg 6 mths ago is ok ... what about 12 mths leh ?

I prob would but that's just me.....for the same reasons as above....... [:p]

Anything within 12 months is fine.

Oftentimes when you buy a new car, the tyres are already more than 6 months old even if you took delivery immediately after it reaches S'pore.

what is the acceptable age for a set of new tires - between the manufactured date and date of installation ?

eg, will you accept news tires that are 6 months old from the factory and had been lying in the shop for that whole period of time ?

I ever bought s set thaf was 2 year from dom and still OK.

Nowadays, I try to look for tyres that are within 6 months.

be realistic. tyres come out from oven does not mean it will ship out immediately. shipping takes time also. from the day you want to buy, +/- 12mths or so is very good liao. remember the distris here may not be able to get hold of latest batch tyres and manufacturers will ship out existing stocks to all distris around the world.

Twincharged

ok ... just wanted to find out the reasonable time frame for a tire to sit in the shop before sale.

coz i just called a few shops to ask about the PS3 ... and i got $165, $158 and the cheapest was $138 for 195/55/15 ... so i was worried it might be old, old stock.

6 months is very fresh liao lor...........even within 12 months is consider good............but personally i would not take anything more than 24 months.......... :D :D :D

Supercharged

Sometimes you need to see the tire shop...if good business then their tire stock should be about 6 months max. If good business they still give >6 months then it is not acceptable.

For me I can accept the tire DOM up to 12 months old...provided it is cheaper and the shop business so-so only.

Turbocharged

as long as within 6 mths should be fine

I read a notice from a popular motorcycle shop which the distributor for Perelli stated that the tyres are good a new even after expiry date if properly stored. Cool dry condition.

Twincharged

Some PS3 size is not manufactured often, I think Michelin still gives warranty for 5 years, so within 12 month for certain size is OK.

true ... call up about 5 shops and they did not have the size i wanted ....

anything within 2 years is acceptable. but of course like all singaporean , if we can get newer 1 why not?

but those in tyres business might know, too new tyres also not good. i remember i read some where new tyres should be store and allow to cool down at least 3 month in store houses?? some thing like allow the soft rubber to take shape or some thing.

and factory dun keep changing their machine setting to make different size every day , they make alot of the same size and stock them up. if u happen to use a odd size. its extremely hard to get within 6 month tyres, unless u damn lucky

↡ Advertisement