Acceptable date of mfg

Ysc3

I just want to share about a previous incident.

I needed a very odd size tire which was seems very rare.

The place I bought from had it properly stored but the tyres looked rather old and they took sometime to locate it.

After a while of usage, the sidewall starts to peel and crumble.

Neutral Newbie

I just want to share about a previous incident.

I needed a very odd size tire which was seems very rare.

The place I bought from had it properly stored but the tyres looked rather old and they took sometime to locate it.

After a while of usage, the sidewall starts to peel and crumble.

Hi,

I suspect that though they are stored in cool, dry place, might have been stacked under too many tyres for prolong period of time. BTW any idea how old was it then?

Hi,

I suspect that though they are stored in cool, dry place, might have been stacked under too many tyres for prolong period of time. BTW any idea how old was it then?

Yes, that is a possibility.

No idea how old they were - don't even know have to check such things !

Now different, information is king :D

I read a report before that it's not always true that the freshest tyres would be at it's best. I read that it's optimal if the tyres are used only after a few mths from manufacturing because some of the ingredients in the compound are not fully cured? Can't remember. But it says usually this is not an issue since the distribution logistics of tyres will usually take 2months.

At the side of the tyre, you can find 4 digit number that says for example 1211. It meant week 12 of year 2011.

I read a report before that it's not always true that the freshest tyres would be at it's best. I read that it's optimal if the tyres are used only after a few mths from manufacturing because some of the ingredients in the compound are not fully cured? Can't remember. But it says usually this is not an issue since the distribution logistics of tyres will usually take 2months.

At the side of the tyre, you can find 4 digit number that says for example 1211. It meant week 12 of year 2011.

I only recall something like after changing new tyres, should give it time to "break-in" so that the optimal grip is achieved.

I only recall something like after changing new tyres, should give it time to "break-in" so that the optimal grip is achieved.

NEW TYRE best to run in for around 200km before you can push it

↡ Advertisement