Mazda CX9

Icebrush79

CX9 - full tank of 98 octane, how much will it be? 

What is max distance for the car? 

My 2.2 CRDi Sorento has good torque 421NM so its quite good. Servicing also very low cost and hardly change too many parts. 

Going back to petrol.. need to mentally prepare myself for higher fuel cost. :-) 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

so far i find sorento and CX9 both have good 3rd row space. Sorento although shorter in length surprisingly give CX9 a good fight in that area.

Both cars TC, CX9 is 2.5L TC, while Sorento is 2.2 turbo diesel. 

I will go look at the sharan next week.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

According to Alex on Autos, CX-9 has 110.1" of combined legroom between rows 1-3 (see 5:56 of VW Atlas video) and Sorento has 112.3" (see 7:28 of Honda Pilot video).  But note that CX-9 has more usable boot space when all 7 seats are up. 

He has the dimensions of all the relevant 3 row crossovers - useful if you need comparative data except for the fact that only CX-9 and Sorento are available in SG (not counting the compact 5+2s like the 5008, CRV, Kodiaq, Xtrail, Outlander). 

Edited by Fungyee77
  • Praise 2

so far i find sorento and CX9 both have good 3rd row space. Sorento although shorter in length surprisingly give CX9 a good fight in that area.

Both cars TC, CX9 is 2.5L TC, while Sorento is 2.2 turbo diesel.

I will go look at the sharan next week. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I have had Sharan for about a week as a courtesy car before when my Touran was in workshop for GB repair. Love the space, power, and very easy access mechanism to 3rd row. Just need to grab the second row seat and push it forward.

But to me 2 things work against it. First is the poor FC of 7 to 8km/L if you are not the sensitive type of driver. Second is that the current model has been there since 2011 and facelifted in 2016. So you can expect it to go through a new model change very soon. Better think thrice as probability to change ride after that is quite high haha.

• Praise 4

Yeah concur on new Santa Fe. It's based on Sorento platform so should be similar in size. Dunno if the AD is going to bring it in with the available active safety features and AA/CP, but worth checking out.

Can't be absolutely sure. But the reading materials from KMC says have.

should be arriving soon...

strange that it took them so long to bring it in. The just-ended Santa Fe 3rd row really CMI, just like outlander, xtrail, CRV etc...

not that my kids are all dua jiak lor. My boy is growing up fast and likely to be close to 1.8m and alot heavier in the next 1-2 years. The 2 girls all quite small in build, but one of them is taller. The problem is none want to sit in the middle, and when we have the maid in the car, it is almost no peace.  <_<

Sharan is also in the list, so is the Seat Alhambra, just that i have not gone to take a closer look and compare against the SUVs. But the OC was never in favor of a MPV before, dont know can convince her or not. [:p]

Kodiaq I read the last row is very tight, and I actually need that last row lor. Mayb I go take a look also.  [thumbsup]

ha ha... kids now very tall. Mine will also complain when not enough space.

Seat Alhambra at the moment no stock. Shipment arrives only Jan.

Kodiaq i went to see before. Unless the 2 who will be sitting in 3rd row are quite short, otherwise i think can skip. Just like xc90, it gives some (more) boot space, but that means sacrifice leg space. No fight when c.f. Sorrento, in terms of 3rd row space.

• Praise 2

Kodiaq i went to see before. Unless the 2 who will be sitting in 3rd row are quite short, otherwise i think can skip. Just like xc90, it gives some (more) boot space, but that means sacrifice leg space. No fight when c.f. Sorrento, in terms of 3rd row space.

So just out of curiousity, I went to check how CX-9 compares to Q7 and XC90 in terms of legroom. Surprisingly, CX-9 (110.1") has more combined 1+2+3 row legroom than both the XC90 (109.8") and the Q7 (109.7"). See 7:22 of Q7 video below. 

Unless you go the route of the MPV, it appears CX-9/Sorento are about the best options amongst SUVs in terms of legroom regardless of price.

• Praise 1

According to Alex on Autos, CX-9 has 110.1" of combined legroom between rows 1-3 (see 5:56 of VW Atlas video) and Sorento has 112.3" (see 7:28 of Honda Pilot video).  But note that CX-9 has more usable boot space when all 7 seats are up. 

He has the dimensions of all the relevant 3 row crossovers - useful if you need comparative data except for the fact that only CX-9 and Sorento are available in SG (not counting the compact 5+2s like the 5008, CRV, Kodiaq, Xtrail, Outlander). 

now that explains why I feel that both the last rows are as good.  [thumbsup]

And you are dead right on the boot space, but that is manageable.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

Not too sure the selling price of sorento, but the cx9 certainly got the luxurious feel over sorento in pic. But the sheer size justified the xtra $$.

Although Mazda is 2.5L, the road tax is still lesser compared to the diesel.

But much savings would also come from pumping diesel.

• Praise 1

I have had Sharan for about a week as a courtesy car before when my Touran was in workshop for GB repair. Love the space, power, and very easy access mechanism to 3rd row. Just need to grab the second row seat and push it forward.

But to me 2 things work against it. First is the poor FC of 7 to 8km/L if you are not the sensitive type of driver. Second is that the current model has been there since 2011 and facelifted in 2016. So you can expect it to go through a new model change very soon. Better think thrice as probability to change ride after that is quite high haha.

actually at this kind of size, and the amount of weight it is going to carry, FC is really not the first thought, unless is like giving 5-6km/L kind of FC, I think 8-10km/L sld be a reasonable ask if most times the car is empty with the driver only. 

I am not those early adopter, in fact I am more of a market laggard , usually buy products towards their EOL cycle.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  

• Praise 2

Can't be absolutely sure. But the reading materials from KMC says have.

should be arriving soon...

strange that it took them so long to bring it in. The just-ended Santa Fe 3rd row really CMI, just like outlander, xtrail, CRV etc...

santa fe just recently started selling. Not so fast.

it just launched in the bigger markets 2 months ago.

Edited by Lala81

yah, because my need is really the 3rd row space, i pay more attention in this area. Saw the kodiaq 3rd row comparison and felt that no point going to see it earlier. Good car indeed, but then 有用才是宝!!!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

now kids ho miah. last time can squeeze into any car already considered luxury liao, where got complain no space.  [laugh]

• Praise 1

So just out of curiousity, I went to check how CX-9 compares to Q7 and XC90 in terms of legroom. Surprisingly, CX-9 (110.1") has more combined 1+2+3 row legroom than both the XC90 (109.8") and the Q7 (109.7"). See 7:22 of Q7 video below. 

Unless you go the route of the MPV, it appears CX-9/Sorento are about the best options amongst SUVs in terms of legroom regardless of price.

you just spoke my mind bro!!!  [thumbsup]  [laugh]  [laugh]

actually, though it probably won't be brought in here.

A very good competitor (though i think it's very plain looking) would be the subaru ascent. Got very good reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziJSY9nGWpE

lol. americans more dua jiak/bui bui  [laugh]

now kids ho miah. last time can squeeze into any car already considered luxury liao, where got complain no space.  [laugh]

So true...last time six of us squeezed into back of my dad's Datsun 100A for outings e.g open air cinema in Jurong. [laugh] But we were small size then. hahaha

So true...last time six of us squeezed into back of my dad's Datsun 100A for outings e.g open air cinema in Jurong. [laugh] But we were small size then. hahaha

my dad only bought a car when i was in jc1.