Mazda CX9

Icebrush79

Anyone driven Alphard/Vellfire? whats the drive like? Am looking at that to the CX9. 

I have driven an Alphard 6 years ago, ride is comfortable and 2.4L engine is powerful enough to ferry full load of 7 adults. I made few mods including adding soundproofing to the doors, painted the interior door panels, putting leather on gear knob and steering wheel and changing to Tein suspension to lower the ride. Should not have touched the suspension.   Got the car from Richburg as Borneo did not carry previously. Won't bother looking at it now as the price tag of S$200k is too much. YOu might want to check out Toyota Land Cruiser 4.6L if you don't mind taller cars. 

Anyone driven Alphard/Vellfire? whats the drive like? Am looking at that to the CX9. 

I have owned the 2015 Vellfire for a year and a month and had just offloaded it.

Basically it is a very good ride for ferrying passengers, imagine it being the preferred choice of car for celebrities instead of more atas rides from Mercz or BMW so it must be doing something very right. And that is to ferry people. So if you are the driver, you will not enjoy it more than the passengers. The 2.5L engine is more than capable to haul the huge vehicle around, with a century sprint of 11.7sec. Not too shabby but definitely not fast, definitely not meant for speeding. Going over humps will cause the ride to sway side-by-side like nobody business, especially at an angle. Installing undercarriage bars like Ultra-Racing will help but cannot eliminate due to the ride being tall with a high CG. But for general driving, more than capable. And because it is such a huge ride, it has very BIG road presence. If you need to filter out, other cars will automatically slow down and give way to you! You will also have a very good view ahead due to very high seating position. 

But if you are to get the ride, definitely is because you love your family very much. Imagine the abundance of space behind - each of them having a huge seat with reasonably quality fittings. With the 7-seat captain chairs or lounge chairs version, the rear passengers sitting at second row will be pampered with leg rest and able to recline almost fully, good for long trips up north where they can sleep through the journey. The last row can also recline, and be folded up to provide huge space for bulky items. You can also put many barang barang in the car for any occasion/event like trips to the beach or when moving things around.

And if you are getting it new, meaning the facelifted version, you will get the Toyota Safety Sensing package which allows lane departure detection, collision warning, ACC, etc, etc. Look wise you can install bodykits in Malaysia if you want to save some money.

Ok you might be wondering why so good, yet I still want to sell. Mainly is due to wife keep complaining ride too big to handle especially when parking. And that most of the time there are only 1 or 2 rear passengers  thus a bit of waste. And be prepared for an FC to 7km/L to 8km/L unless you always travel on experessway then can approach 9km/L. But do not worry about parking as the ride is actually quite easy to manoeuvre. If you worry, then just install any 360 camera that cost less than 1K up north or slightly more over here. I do not even cite the 1.9m height of the ride as a negative factor as you will learn to live with it after awhile if you really like this ride. Just need to be mindful of carpark height and go nearby carparks if really necessary. You will need to check your usual places to see if any carparks has low height limits.

In summary get it if you need such a big ride. Your family will love you more. Won't regret if you have considered all factors carefully. And surprising it has very good resale value because there is demand from certain dealers to buy them for limousine fleet. I managed to sell at 8% below my purchase price after using it for 1 year and 1 month! This is unlike selling for personal use which will easily incur loss of 20%.

Really have a lot of good memories with the Vellfire I had.

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 4

i dont see any CX-9 on the road that has scratch marks lol

park in landed lah  [laugh]

very good resale value.

Only 8% over 1 year.

I have owned the 2015 Vellfire for a year and a month and had just offloaded it.

Basically it is a very good ride for ferrying passengers, imagine it being the preferred choice of car for celebrities instead of more atas rides from Mercz or BMW so it must be doing something very right. And that is to ferry people. So if you are the driver, you will not enjoy it more than the passengers. The 2.5L engine is more than capable to haul the huge vehicle around, with a century sprint of 11.7sec. Not too shabby but definitely not fast, definitely not meant for speeding. Going over humps will cause the ride to sway side-by-side like nobody business, especially at an angle. Installing undercarriage bars like Ultra-Racing will help but cannot eliminate due to the ride being tall with a high CG. But for general driving, more than capable. And because it is such a huge ride, it has very BIG road presence. If you need to filter out, other cars will automatically slow down and give way to you! You will also have a very good view ahead due to very high seating position. 

But if you are to get the ride, definitely is because you love your family very much. Imagine the abundance of space behind - each of them having a huge seat with reasonably quality fittings. With the 7-seat captain chairs or lounge chairs version, the rear passengers sitting at second row will be pampered with leg rest and able to recline almost fully, good for long trips up north where they can sleep through the journey. The last row can also recline, and be folded up to provide huge space for bulky items. You can also put many barang barang in the car for any occasion/event like trips to the beach or when moving things around.

And if you are getting it new, meaning the facelifted version, you will get the Toyota Safety Sensing package which allows lane departure detection, collision warning, ACC, etc, etc. Look wise you can install bodykits in Malaysia if you want to save some money.

Ok you might be wondering why so good, yet I still want to sell. Mainly is due to wife keep complaining ride too big to handle especially when parking. And that most of the time there are only 1 or 2 rear passengers  thus a bit of waste. And be prepared for an FC to 7km/L to 8km/L unless you always travel on experessway then can approach 9km/L. But do not worry about parking as the ride is actually quite easy to manoeuvre. If you worry, then just install any 360 camera that cost less than 1K up north or slightly more over here. I do not even cite the 1.9m height of the ride as a negative factor as you will learn to live with it after awhile if you really like this ride. Just need to be mindful of carpark height and go nearby carparks if really necessary. You will need to check your usual places to see if any carparks has low height limits.

In summary get it if you need such a big ride. Your family will love you more. Won't regret if you have considered all factors carefully. And surprising it has very good resale value because there is demand from certain dealers to buy them for limousine fleet. I managed to sell at 8% below my purchase price after using it for 1 year and 1 month! This is unlike selling for personal use which will easily incur loss of 20%.

Really have a lot of good memories with the Vellfire I had.

very good resale value.

Only 8% over 1 year.

Yes very good in current climate as dealers always trying to buy at near scrap value even for few year old rides. 

And the best thing is the dealer did not even bother to do inspection when quoting the ride. Just walk one round around the car and that is it when quoting the selling price. Then asked me to de-kit everything I want.When handing over the ride also never even inspect, and told me the car will be resprayed to black colour, so all the minor scratches and dents are not an issue.  I am very sure it will be different experience if sell for personal use haha.

I am sure I am very lucky getting this ride.

Edited by Heartlander

Have they informed when are they bringing in the 2019? is it going to be the next round of shipment already? 

Heard left 2 units of Silver color ..
New shipment with 360 deg monitoring n Apple carplay options add abt 10k..

Have they informed when are they bringing in the 2019? is it going to be the next round of shipment already?

I sincerely have no idea abt this matter..

Can help to update here if u r free to contact TEK ?

Many Bros here waiting too,.

Hope to have your swift response soon.

Thanks in advance..

• Praise 2

I sincerely have no idea abt this matter..

Can help to update here if u r free to contact TEK ?

Many Bros here waiting too,.

Hope to have your swift response soon.

Thanks in advance..ðð»ð

Have checked with TEK. No updates.