No separate COE category/Gahmen reviewing COE

Acemundo

i am surprise that there is actually one MP who saw the merit of such a proposal [knife]

ST- The Government will not create a different Certificate of Entitlement (COE) category for first-time car buyers, said Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo in Parliament Tuesday.

Responding to Dr Intan Azura Mokhtar (Ang Mo Kio GRC) who made that suggestion, Mrs Teo said the main difficulty was that it is hard to say why a second-time buyer is always less deserving than a first-time buyer.

She cited an example of a growing household which has had more children and are planning to buy a bigger or second car. A COE system which favours first-time buyers would not be fair to this family, she said.

She added: "Our current Vehicle Quota System (VQS) is not a perfect system but still the most appropriate way to allocate a limited and non-basic resource."

↡ Advertisement

errrrr......"voice" of the ppl mah. but carried away being populist until forgot to define clearly wat kinda ppl. [laugh]

errrrr......"voice" of the ppl mah. but carried away being populist until forgot to define clearly wat kinda ppl. [laugh]

if i am the MP, my constituent ask me to write such things i will also explain to them the illogical part about it. being populist doesn't have to go to extent of stupid.

they think is govt duties to ensure each one gets a chance to own car ? after 10 years, this bugger still need to ask govt to give privilege to second-timer is it?

When it's a nobody making a suggestion, you can be sure it's bullcrap [laugh]

i am surprise that there is actually one MP who saw the merit of such a proposal [knife]

ST- The Government will not create a different Certificate of Entitlement (COE) category for first-time car buyers, said Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo in Parliament Tuesday.

Responding to Dr Intan Azura Mokhtar (Ang Mo Kio GRC) who made that suggestion, Mrs Teo said the main difficulty was that it is hard to say why a second-time buyer is always less deserving than a first-time buyer.

She cited an example of a growing household which has had more children and are planning to buy a bigger or second car. A COE system which favours first-time buyers would not be fair to this family, she said.

She added: "Our current Vehicle Quota System (VQS) is not a perfect system but still the most appropriate way to allocate a limited and non-basic resource."

After that, someone will suggest priority to salespeople. [laugh]

Then, suddenly all job titles becomes SALES xxxxxx, SALES ENGINEER, SALES MECHANIC, SALES TECHNICIAN, SALES MINISTARS, SALES LAWYER, SALES MANAGER, SALES DIRECTOR, SALES VICE PRESIDENT, SALES CHAIRMAN,......

Edited by Kangadrool

this statement categorically answers or shall i say shuts the door on this proposal and which i do not agree with (since i already have a car [:p] )

PAP asking question for PAP to answer - is just a wayang show so that Jo can give reasoning of why don't want

true hor.....so one big wayang......to show that pap mps does challenge and debate the policies [laugh]

but still i think it is poor choice of motion to use as wayang

while i don't necessarily agree it is the best way to allocated scarce resources, the proposal is even way off the mark.

true hor.....so one big wayang......to show that pap mps does challenge and debate the policies [laugh]

but still i think it is poor choice of motion to use as wayang

I think they debate for the sake of debating. Just like the white paper on the 6.9mil population, they have to show that they question and debate on this policy.

PAP asking question for PAP to answer - is just a wayang show so that Jo can give reasoning of why don't want

donch say liddat la.

too much angst lately wif the punggol slap, kpkb from the 6.9M so once in a while, gotta hv comic relief in parliament mah. :D

How about separate COEs for family with kids? Tie to the baby bonus structure??

I think this is a good way if the gov wan more babies.

Just say 2 kids = 20% off coe, 3 kids 30%, 4 kids 40%, etc

For sure birth rate goes up. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement