Live By The Gun, Die By The Gun...R.I.P. Kyle

Vulcann

Ex-SEAL sniper Chris Kyle would never have imagined that he would eventually be fatally shot by a fellow American vet instead of by the bad guys [:(]

After reading what he did after retiring from service you gota give this man due respect, especially him helping troubled vets suffering from PTSD and even donating the proceeds from his book to the families of fallen SEALs.

R.I.P. Kyle

From NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/05/us/forme...death.html?_r=0

Ex-Sniper Extended Hand to Troubled Marine Accused in His Death

By MANNY FERNANDEZ

Published: February 4, 2013

sub-SNIPER-articleInline.jpg

Chris Kyle

Paul Moseley/The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, via Associated Press

LANCASTER, Tex.

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement

Yup, they should do something about the gun laws, but ironically these ex-servicemen will likely be the ones most vocal in defending their rights to "bear arms". Life too cheap already, the suspect would actually kill two guys just to steal a Ford F350 pickup? And no COE some more?? How much could that be worth?

Just goes to show again that some parts of the USA are actually more dangerous than the battlefields of Iraq...

Its about time they did something about the gun laws.

the shooting take place in a gun range! I am not a fan of the American arm laws but at least we should argue on the right context.

I just read Chris Kyle's book last year. Now he got killed by a siao lang. Wow.... That's hard to imagine. He survived war as a navy seal sniper leh...

Who do you think is the bigger sinner, someone who takes lives of others so that maybe other innocence lives may be spared, even though he took lives nevertheless, or people who do nothing, & so the bad guys continue to kill innocence.

Just a hypotatical question? I believed that everyone is not born bad, but there are at some points that a person have been brainwash & done things beyond saving. If it takes killing a bad person to save others, then it has to be done (capturing them & put them in jail is not an option if tehy have a bomb charging at you for instance). The problem is, most people do not want to be the ones to pull the trigger. They do not want to be labelled killer, not wanted to face the danger or the phycological effect. This is clear. On our armchair at the comfort of our warm/or cool home, its easy to be on moral high ground & labels soldiers as killer or some other bad names.

You think without 'Kapoh' like the US & its Allies to maintain the global peace (in a loose sense), we will enjoy the peace we have now. For sure, someone will say, its only for oil & some other benefits to themselves, but you can condemn the politicans, but this should take nothing from the Soldiers who fought the war against terror & someting else.

Sadly, of course there are true case of abuse & killing of innocence, & not doubt people who did these act must be punish, but they do not present the majority.

My opinion only.

Neutral Newbie

for a war hero to die in such circumstances...life sucks!

It's crazy. Survive wars just to die back at home.

I watched him in that reality TV show, Stars and Stripes, about celebs teaming up with SEAL, Green Beret, Force Recon, SWAT, Delta etc.

(edited)

Who do you think is the bigger sinner, someone who takes lives of others so that maybe other innocence lives may be spared, even though he took lives nevertheless, or people who do nothing, & so the bad guys continue to kill innocence.

Just a hypotatical question? I believed that everyone is not born bad, but there are at some points that a person have been brainwash & done things beyond saving. If it takes killing a bad person to save others, then it has to be done (capturing them & put them in jail is not an option if tehy have a bomb charging at you for instance). The problem is, most people do not want to be the ones to pull the trigger. They do not want to be labelled killer, not wanted to face the danger or the phycological effect. This is clear. On our armchair at the comfort of our warm/or cool home, its easy to be on moral high ground & labels soldiers as killer or some other bad names.

You think without 'Kapoh' like the US & its Allies to maintain the global peace (in a loose sense), we will enjoy the peace we have now. For sure, someone will say, its only for oil & some other benefits to themselves, but you can condemn the politicans, but this should take nothing from the Soldiers who fought the war against terror & someting else.

Sadly, of course there are true case of abuse & killing of innocence, & not doubt people who did these act must be punish, but they do not present the majority.

My opinion only.

We live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You have the luxury of not knowing what he knows. That his existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want him on that wall, you need him on that wall. He uses words like honor, code, loyalty. He uses these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. He has neither the time nor the inclination to explain himself to someone who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that he provides, and then questions the manner in which he provides it. He would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, he suggests you pick up a weapon, and stand a post.

Either way, he doesn't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Colonel Nathan R. Jessup

Commanding Officer

U.S. Marine Corps

Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

(From the movie A Few Good Men)

Though it was from a villainous ficitional character (played by the talented Jack Nicholson, one of my fav [thumbsup] [thumbsup] actors), the grim situation described is what really is happening even till this day.

Someone's gotta do it, just hope that that someone is not me [rolleyes]

Edited by Vulcann

Neutral Newbie

Fantastic quote from a great movie. Only naive people think everything is hunky dorey.

(edited)

Its about time they did something about the gun laws.

No way.

Crazy it may seem to us, their Second Amendment to the U.S. Constituition gives them the full right to bear arms, akin to you and me having the liberty to breathe at will.

Though different state governments have different rules on the ownership of firearms, the law is the same: each citizen is entitled to a firearm after satisfying the variouis criteria set by each state.

Edited by Vulcann

Supercharged

My opinion only.

We don't live in a perfect world. There are problems and some body has to take care of them.

Don't talk about wars and US has to kaypoh. Let's talk about those criminals charged and sentenced to death. someone has to administer the death sentence right? Be it by hanging, shooting or lethal injection. Someone has to do the actual action of the death sentence. Well, do we call this person a sinner for taking away this prisoner's life?

Supercharged

No way.

Crazy it may seem to us, their Second Amendment to the U.S. Constituition gives them the full right to bear arms, akin to you and me having the liberty to breathe at will.

Though different state governments have different rules on the ownership of firearms, the law is the same: each citizen is entitled to a firearm after satisfying the variouis criteria set by each state.

Laws are man made and never perfect. surely we should have the liberty to amend the laws to address today's context. When they made this second amendment, did they see the problems that this second amendment is creating in this present moment? The answer is NO. times have changed. And so laws have to change to address the changes.

Neutral Newbie

No way.

The debate has shifted to what type of firearms and rules e.g. assault rifles vs hunting ones, size of clips, concealed or not. I think it is a US cowboy culture, Israelis or Swiss reservists as an example, I don't think they have such rampant gun violence compared to the US, at least that is how the media portrays it.

We live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You have the luxury of not knowing what he knows. That his existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want him on that wall, you need him on that wall. He uses words like honor, code, loyalty. He uses these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. He has neither the time nor the inclination to explain himself to someone who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that he provides, and then questions the manner in which he provides it. He would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, he suggests you pick up a weapon, and stand a post.

Either way, he doesn't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Colonel Nathan R. Jessup

Commanding Officer

U.S. Marine Corps

Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

(From the movie A Few Good Men)

Though it was from a villainous ficitional character (played by the talented Jack Nicholson, one of my fav [thumbsup] [thumbsup] actors), the grim situation described is what really is happening even till this day.

Absolutely stunning performance by Nicholson [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] here on his "You-can't-handle-the-truth" speech from the movie:

↡ Advertisement