Mini cooper lovers please advise

Mercs

looks chio... but pricy for my budget.

i have a friend driving mini previously but gave up and switch to audi cos not convenient when ferrying his aged parent.

• Praise 1

i have a friend driving mini previously but gave up and switch to audi cos not convenient when ferrying his aged parent.

This is a 7 year old mini but with 6 owners? So average each owner only own the car for 1 year??? :blink:

Currently there is a 4 doors mini, so now quite practical to ferry people.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

my 2 cents, since its already 7, if you buy this you are the 8th owner, the value will not depreciate much further when you sell.

As in, the buyer of this car in future, should you sell, will just wonder, why 8 owners and try to bargain with you.

CHeck with a good mechanic, if all is well, ok to buy. This type of car, not really a bread and butter car, so many owners is typical, though 7 or 8 is really too much.

But already 7, another 1 more, wont kill.

• Praise 1

Go test drive. The repairs could be expensive. That happen to my friend who got a above 5 year old mini. He spend in the region of 15 to 20k. Still couldn't get the some issues corrected. BTW, it was sent to a very highly regarded workshop that specialize a lot of porsches and minis. He end up giving up the car.

I'm have been driving my mini for the past 6 years. No major issues. Still put a smile on my face.

• Praise 1

I bought a 5-yr-old mini previously. Gave me many problems and repair aint cheap. Eventually sold it and got a new one. But I'd just like to add that it shouldnt be taken as a generalisation.

Do the pre-checks and do factor in repair costs. It is afterall an 8-yr-old car

• Praise 1

Thanks.

If buying will be spare car, so no issue with ferrying passengers. :)

• Praise 3

my 2 cents, since its already 7, if you buy this you are the 8th owner, the value will not depreciate much further when you sell.

As in, the buyer of this car in future, should you sell, will just wonder, why 8 owners and try to bargain with you.

CHeck with a good mechanic, if all is well, ok to buy. This type of car, not really a bread and butter car, so many owners is typical, though 7 or 8 is really too much.

But already 7, another 1 more, wont kill.

Thanks for yr input.

Depreciation seems pretty low, so if buying most likely drive till scrap as balance of 2 years plus.

• Praise 3

Go test drive. The repairs could be expensive. That happen to my friend who got a above 5 year old mini. He spend in the region of 15 to 20k. Still couldn't get the some issues corrected. BTW, it was sent to a very highly regarded workshop that specialize a lot of porsches and minis. He end up giving up the car.

I'm have been driving my mini for the past 6 years. No major issues. Still put a smile on my face.

Thanks for yr input.

Wow, 15-20k to correct? Even my Merc don't need so much to put right!

Very hefty charges to repair, will seriously re-consider.

• Praise 3

I bought a 5-yr-old mini previously. Gave me many problems and repair aint cheap. Eventually sold it and got a new one. But I'd just like to add that it shouldnt be taken as a generalisation.

Do the pre-checks and do factor in repair costs. It is afterall an 8-yr-old car

Thanks for your input.

Noted on the upkeep issues,appreciated.

• Praise 3