When Can We Retire ..............

Picnic06-Biante15

from CNA: Extend re-employment age limit from 65 to 67: Heng Chee How

By S Ramesh | Posted: 07 February 2013 1733 hrs

SINGAPORE: NTUC's Deputy Secretary General and Senior Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office, Heng Chee How, has put forth several proposals to grow the older worker segment of the workforce.

Speaking during the debate on the White Paper on Population in Parliament, he described this segment as an untapped one, and urged the tripartite partners to start working on further extending the re-employment age limit from 65 years old to 67 years old.

He said that the limit of age 67 is already provided under the law, so there is no need for further legislation, but there is a need to ensure smooth implementation of the re-employment or people aged 62 to 65 and consider how best to facilitate further extension sooner rather than later.

Mr Heng said a key part of this would be to ensure that employers in both the private and public sector value their older workers as assets, pay them fairly even as they enter re-employment and not make mechanical cuts to their pay and benefits.

for more story, link: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1252851/1/.html

10 years back, I was happily looking forward to my retirement at 55.

Then, we are encourage to work to 60. So I said to myself, never mind, just 5 yrs more as I am still healthy.

When I reach 50 yrs, they increase to 62.

When I reach 52, they tell me 65 better.

Now at 55, they going to extend to 67 .... [sweatdrop]

Is there a hidden agenda that those retire now will not be able to enjoy stress ($$$) free daily life. Expect us to work to 67 ... [:|]

↡ Advertisement

what's the use of extending when IN REALITY employers will favours more on younger workforce and also cheaper as well?

are they extending it just for the sake of acting a show?

Our ex PMs all worked pass 70 years old. Soon they will cite them as example and ask you to retire at 75. Or maybe no such thing as retirement at all. -_-

what's the use of extending when IN REALITY employers will favours more on younger workforce and also cheaper as well?

are they extending it just for the sake of acting a show?

all of us will be working as cleaners/ cardboard collectors in our 70s in future. That's the only job available to us...

Actually no need to say extend or not.

Fact is when we reach 60 and above, you find cannot cope with living expenses still, still will carry on working.

Legislation says 67 but employers wanting to take you is another thing.

Because they are running out of CPF money to return to retirees. Simple solution? Increase the age limit lor. Work till you die also won't see the money.

Look like they insist of holding on to our CPF $$$$..... [:(]

Ya they are just "planning" for the CPF money... no real actions to tickle re-employment. They are encouraging re-employment but employers can choose to pay them less for the same job same responsibilities...

But when a young foreign "talents" come along asking for a lower wage and there goes the old but CPF still on hold... I support CSM's motion of increasing re-employment rates with job re-design and employ women who had married to Singapore, given birth and yet no citizenship because they are not "talents"...

So the government explanation of Foreigners doing the job which Singaporeans are unwilling to do, don't sound so logical anymore. Planning to make Singaporeans to take PMETs post including New CITIZENS? Well, looks like native Singaporeans have to not just fight with foreigners but New CITIZENS who had gotten their citizenship just because they are RICH!!!

God bless the native Singaporeans...

Edited by Carnoob

Their salary in the millions one.

Basket.......i dont mind working until 200 years old with it. [laugh]

Our ex PMs all worked pass 70 years old. Soon they will cite them as example and ask you to retire at 75. Or maybe no such thing as retirement at all. -_-