Construction materials fell off from trailer truck

Yamapi

Just now at 11.30am saw a trailer truck transporting some long and bulky construction materials making a left turn from Sengkang East Ave to Sengkang East Drive towards Upper Serangoon Rd/KPE when everything came crashing down onto the grass patch, damaging the roadside kerb. [sweatdrop]

think the items were not secured properly! TP and crane now at the scene. lucky never hit any people or passing vechicles. that area now got a lot of constructions going on

Edited by Yamapi
↡ Advertisement

Not the first time saw these trailer drop things from their vehicle! [shakehead] Always very scare when saw those trailer full of loans on the road.

Not the first time saw these trailer drop things from their vehicle! [shakehead] Always very scare when saw those trailer full of loans on the road.

I will always quickly overtake them and stay far far from them...

Yesterday, plying AMK Ave 1 from T-junction Upp Thomson road to X-junction Bishan park.

Earth, mud & stone spread along the whole stretch of 2-lane AMK Ave 1.

This is an unusual sight making the 2nd lane almost like dirt track. So dangerous to road user.

Sounds like Final Destination scene.

Talking on this topic, I once stopped next to a 40' trailer at the lights. Jalan Bahar towards Jurong Point. Morning rush hour. If you work in the area, you will know there are plenty of J plate bikes running around.

15 seconds after I stopped next to the trailer, one of the counterweights that it was carrying (for tower crane I presume, round one) started rollling and fell onto the road with a loud thud. Luckily didn't hit my car or hit any J plate biker.

If hit my car, dunno how to claim. If hit J plate motor, the fella sure seriously injured or up lorry.

That bloody fark weight was so heavy, the driver couldn't even move it when he realized it had dropped.

Just now at 11.30am saw a trailer truck transporting some long and bulky construction materials making a left turn from Sengkang East Ave to Sengkang East Drive towards Upper Serangoon Rd/KPE when everything came crashing down onto the grass patch, damaging the roadside kerb. [sweatdrop]

think the items were not secured properly! TP and crane now at the scene. lucky never hit any people or passing vechicles. that area now got a lot of constructions going on

NPNT [laugh]

Talking on this topic, I once stopped next to a 40' trailer at the lights. Jalan Bahar towards Jurong Point. Morning rush hour. If you work in the area, you will know there are plenty of J plate bikes running around.

15 seconds after I stopped next to the trailer, one of the counterweights that it was carrying (for tower crane I presume, round one) started rollling and fell onto the road with a loud thud. Luckily didn't hit my car or hit any J plate biker.

If hit my car, dunno how to claim. If hit J plate motor, the fella sure seriously injured or up lorry.

That bloody fark weight was so heavy, the driver couldn't even move it when he realized it had dropped.

steel parts are very heavy. Roti prata is one made when it falls onto the unfortunate. :wacko:

If counterweights for such purpose can be easily moved/carried/lifted, ... it wouldn't be any good, right? [:p]

Turbocharged

the angels must have been watching over u

Today when I was entering into AYE towards Tuas at alexandra, had this big lorry infront of me and the back of part of the lorry was not latched up! Think the driver forgot. And there was this trolley and a few other stuffs placed at the back of the lorry.. Wanted to go side up side to the lorry and honk at him to warn him but traffic was quite heavy and he went to the 3rd lane and I had to exit at the next exit.. Hope the trolley did not fly out! [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement