Audi Flood Cruiser

Alim

sure that was not the latest hovercraft Audi specially produced and launched for our uniquely ponding island?

Soon there will be one... :D

audi_hovercraft_by_danielcherng-d335xnz.jpg

eh that was how we cleared floods..when me was doing NS..important thing is not to stop the car..or water will enter engine and exhaust

Agreed, that is actually the correct way to traverse mild flooding, as long as the speed is still under the hydroplaning limit

Agreed, that is actually the correct way to traverse mild flooding, as long as the speed is still under the hydroplaning limit

yup..and it always flood inside base...luckily mine was twincab...so higher clearance...and my veh comm (3rd sgt) was the one who taught me..and instructed me to do this...so if anything happens to the twincab...he is responsible not me [:p]

Turbocharged

yup..and it always flood inside base...luckily mine was twincab...so higher clearance...and my veh comm (3rd sgt) was the one who taught me..and instructed me to do this...so if anything happens to the twincab...he is responsible not me [:p]

yes, even if wanna stop in flood, have to keep throttling to ensure no water gets into exhaust

yes, even if wanna stop in flood, have to keep throttling to ensure no water gets into exhaust

oh ok....gana once with my own ride...luckily i did just that [sweatdrop]

eh that was how we cleared floods..when me was doing NS..important thing is not to stop the car..or water will enter engine and exhaust

May work, but totally unnecessary in this particular case.

if you look at the video clearly. one lane has lesser ponding, the other lane has more and deeper water.

The Audi could have use the lane which has lesser ponding just like the other cars and go slowly.

However he chose to go to the deeper lane and cruise. In doing so, while his engine may not stall, he poses 3 problem

1) He splashes all the muddy water on people's car with total disregard...I don't think anyone of you would have like your car to be splash that way

2) While the water may not get into the engine, it does get onto the brakes and the longer the brakes are in the water, the more it loses traction. Let just hope there is no sudden car that appears in front of that Audi.

3) If there is a pothole on that lane and he happen to cruise through it, guarantee a bad accident waiting to happen to him and any other car besides him.

The Audi driver did not think deep when he took that action. If there is a lane available where the water level is low, taking that option and go slow is always the best bet.

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement