DVR Car Recorder Now Come With Wifi

Gdspd08

Wah liew, start to see some reviews on DVR with Wifi capability. The trend is starting...time to change my ITB-100HD liao. Any ppl already install these two model?

http://coretech.com.au/news/blackvue-dr500gw-review/

http://forum.dashcamtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=404

Seem like Blackvue does not have any heat issue..sure cost a bomb.

Edited by BabyBlade
↡ Advertisement

Firstly maybe WIFI works better in the open or unblocked situation.... so if we park in shooping centers or MSCP , I doubt wifi functions can work well .

Secondly , after 380 HD , the 400 HDs promised improved heat resistance , it does not really seems to be the case where many still malfunction . For wifi to work well , guess you mostly have to be under sunny sky .

Lastly , I think we have use wait & see approach else it will be another one of those long thread complaining about this new product .Think its abt sgd 475 or something .

haha ... my 380HD still going strong . [laugh]

Edited by TMR11

Firstly WIFI has to be in the open .... so if we park in shooping centers or MSCP , I doubt wifi functions can work .

Huh? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the wifi function is for your mobile phone to connect to the unit, so you can view and manage the recording from your mobile phone? It's point to point connection, doesn't need additional AP. The DVR has built in wifi AP per se.

maybe you are right .... guess someone has to take the bait and tell us . [:p] It really has to be a pretty evil unit to get such a strong reception for point to point ... otherwise ....

Edited by TMR11

Anyone up their ITB-100HD firmware to v2.1? I haven't up mine since the first day I bought from DSXuite. Should be still v1.00. I dunno wanna up anot. Any poor reviews on that?

I search thru dashcam forum, HWZ and MCF, not many ppl up. Only a few and most say no diff.

Edited by Gdspd08

You are mistaking WIFI for GPS. They are different thing.

you are right . Their GPS used the same logo as WIFI (on my phone) when lit up on unit . [laugh]

Edited by TMR11

the BV should not have a big WIFI word embeded on the current unit right ? haha [:p]

Tell me your understanding of wifi. Wifi do not need to be in the open, mcscp also can.

Tell me your understanding of wifi. Wifi do not need to be in the open, mcscp also can.

I only doubt it can go so strong . The unit probably cannot tahan the heat .

but after looking at those hotspots offering Wifi, we know what its capable of,

dun think that we are able to connect within buildings of different levels, even if a level difference the signal may be very weak too.

my flat here is having a open space carpark but most of the housing estate are already multi storey carparks dun think that the range is

efficient enough for a clear reception .

but after looking at those hotspots offering Wifi, we know what its capable of,

dun think that we are able to connect within buildings of different levels, even if a level difference the signal may be very weak too.

my flat here is having a open space carpark but most of the housing estate are already multi storey carparks dun think that the range is

efficient enough for a clear reception .

Use Handphone for wifi-hotspot la. [laugh] [laugh]

Anyone up their ITB-100HD firmware to v2.1? I haven't up mine since the first day I bought from DSXuite. Should be still v1.00. I dunno wanna up anot. Any poor reviews on that?

I search thru dashcam forum, HWZ and MCF, not many ppl up. Only a few and most say no diff.

bro,

i have upped as well. not much diff. only i realized that the shutdown seems to be cuted off. the usual 2-tone seems to be interrupted half way, but the files within are all OK. the PC software have the various settings "ON" and "OFF" positions swapped.

mice

↡ Advertisement