Obama State of the Union speech

Donut

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/stat...550_Page10.html

I happen to see live in CNA this morning, his entire speech on screen. Though I'm not into American politics, but I must say Obama is very impressive with what he said and promises.

His policies are focused on local domestic problems like creating jobs for Americans, improve infrastructure etc.

What grip me was his focus on local americans , their jobs, welfare , affordable housings, middle income problems, childcare education, college places for local Americans.

Never once his speech was on foreign talents and workers. He talked to CEOs and they all want to hire local Americans.

Obama deserved the Presidency job.

So what the F wrong with our system???

↡ Advertisement

talk is one thing, can do is another ...

during obama vs romney presidential election, obama had proven he is very good in giving speech ... very charismatic and motivational ... a perfect trait for leader

but ... can execute his plan and deliver what he promises is yet to be seen

based on his previous 4 years, his deliverable is so-so i would say above 70% but lack than his promise of 100% (ie usa deficit, unemployment rate, war troops, etc)

Edited by Wt_know

Yeah, and fyi United States' total national debt is about $220 trillion. Nice words are easy to say and pleasant to listen to, while unpopular policies are always frown upon, only time will tell.

during obama vs romney presidential election, obama had proven he is very good in giving speech ... very charismatic and motivational ... a perfect trait for leader

based on his previous 4 years, his deliverable is so-so i would say above 70% but lack than his promise of 100% (ie usa deficit, unemployment rate, war troops, etc)

His job is not ez at all. He needs he support of the Congress that consists of all parties. His policies may be the best for the country, but some senators are too greedy and from opposition parties, they won't vote for the policies

Yeah, and fyi United States' total national debt is about $220 trillion. Nice words are easy to say and pleasant to listen to, while unpopular policies are always frown upon, only time will tell.

"United States' total national debt is about $220 trillion."

So what? Thats like saying you owe the bank S$1 million.

To put things into perspective, you have to state what is the debt relative to GDP.

So you owe the bank S$1 million but your income is S$15 million.

Should you be worried?

But what you didn't say is how is our national debt relative to US? :D

Country - Public debt as % of GDP

1. Japan - 198%

2. Greece - 143%

3. Italy - 119%

4. Singapore - 106%

5. Belgium - 101%

6. Canada - 84%

7. Germany - 83%

8. France - 82%

9. Egypt - 80%

10. UK - 76%

11. Netherlands - 63%

12. USA - 62%

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt

I was told (but not verified) that the huge debt of USA is in small parts attrubuted to the bonds they sold to china and japan, and the main part of the debt is due to they have actually depleted the socia security bond, akin to our CPF. Dont know how true is that.

Any body with half a brain can simple quote figures plucked from the Internet or from coffee table gossip.

But it takes the learned to frame these figures in the right context for real meaning to be extracted from it.

See what I just did? 2 lines of fluff that means absolutely nothing, but good enough to fool simpler minds into thinking I am somebody learned [laugh]

"United States' total national debt is about $220 trillion."

So what? Thats like saying you owe the bank S$1 million.

To put things into perspective, you have to state what is the debt relative to GDP.

So you owe the bank S$1 million but your income is S$15 million.

Should you be worried?

But what you didn't say is how is our national debt relative to US? :D

Country - Public debt as % of GDP

1. Japan - 198%

2. Greece - 143%

3. Italy - 119%

4. Singapore - 106%

5. Belgium - 101%

6. Canada - 84%

7. Germany - 83%

8. France - 82%

9. Egypt - 80%

10. UK - 76%

11. Netherlands - 63%

12. USA - 62%

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt

i reckon singapore's high debt is because of all the IOUs they write to cpf to take out all the money, plus the IOUs they write for all the inflated land sales revenue they take out to put in GIC and temasick.

Bro..considering his salary is only 400k a year......ok la 70% acceptable. [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement