Anyone use before 15W40 engine oil on their car

Vincentthung

Would like to heard from driver who have use 15W40 engine oil in their car, what their feedback.

recently purchase a voucher from Deal.com.sg and purchase car servicing from one of the workshop in sin ming.

the engine oil that they use at pump out from oil barrel into a 4litre container, i understand that this will save them cost but the problem was they are replacing 15W40 [Eneos] into my car which all the while i am using 5W40.

i check with the staff and upon question, the voucher entilted only to 15W40 engine oil, i will have to top-up to get 5W40 engine oil. after hearing the amount to top-up, i find it not worth therefore allowing them to replace with the 15W40 engine oil.

my car is about 160,000km in mileage. therefore not too particular but would like to heard from others on this.

thanks for sharing

↡ Advertisement

1st number not impt as it is for cold countries as it indicates the vicousity when cold. So if the 2nd number -40 is the same as what you have been using it is alright.

how much is the voucher and amount for top up ?

just checking if such deal is a scam. meaning is it same price as servicing anywhere with fully synthetic oil

voucher $58. top-up of $50 to get 5W40 oil, cant rmb what brand of oil they recommend

Not attractive at all, somemore using lousy oil.

What you expect from those voucher deal? Its for general use large and the car will still move anyway, wont spoil one..

call up the workshop, they confirm that it's not fully synthetic oil. brand is ENOC 15W40

feel kind of cheated when the fellow told me that their fully synthetic oil out of stock, that why they replace with a better grade of oil. which to me is like butshit, feel like a scam.

it's mineral oil ! i will change it out after 5000km.

lesson learnt !

Just did a search. Eneos 15W-40 is termed as multi grade. So it doesn't seem to be full synthetic.

If no mention of semi-synthetic or fully synthetic...most prob its mineral.

Another expensive over-priced service package from ws.

voucher $58. top-up of $50 to get 5W40 oil, cant rmb what brand of oil they recommend

Its likely just another gimmick fm ws here.

I use c@rlube fully synthetic 40weight oil at only <$30 fr 5 lit. $5 fr filter n $10 fr labour.

Total service <$40 can last 10,000km. No "special offers" fr good stuff.

Been doing this fr >10years.

I see all those bs "offers" i want to laugh. But still got pple fall for it.

After a few years these same pple complain car spoil here spoil there.

Worst part ty buy cheepo oil in bulk pump fm 55gal drum. Dunno what oil is it. Maybe old stock or re-cycled oil even.

Long ago i did atf flush at stamford. Advertised as special offer. Atf oil pump fm big drum dunno what brand. A few months later my autobox spoil. Cannot engage reverse. Cost abt $2k to overhaul n repair.

I stay away fm all those gimmicks promotions. I prefer to play safe. I buy good known oils n parts myself n get ws to change.

I find more reliable like this.

Worst part ty buy cheepo oil in bulk pump fm 55gal drum. Dunno what oil is it. Maybe old stock or re-cycled oil even.

Long ago i did atf flush at stamford. Advertised as special offer. Atf oil pump fm big drum dunno what brand. A few months later my autobox spoil. Cannot engage reverse. Cost abt $2k to overhaul n repair.

I stay away fm all those gimmicks promotions. I prefer to play safe. I buy good known oils n parts myself n get ws to change.

I find more reliable like this.

I don't trust these coupons in general. basket.. confirm got some underlying pfine print..

semi syn or mineral usually

Thats if u lucky. U dunno what is in that big oil drum. Cud even b re-cycled oil or old stock sold off at real cheap discount price.

↡ Advertisement