Petrol stains at fuel cap area

Sofarsogood

Hi all,

I own a white ride. Toying with the idea of pasting clear sticker around the fuel cap area to prevent unsightly fuel stains. What do you think? Anyone knows where I can get such sticker?

↡ Advertisement

no need stickers

just pump petrol yourself and be careful with the nozzle

if any accidental spill, flush it with water immediately from the watering cans at the pumps

Later ur white will become two tone

So better leave it alOne

If die die wan paste

I rather paste fiber color

IMO

But if u need clear or white

Jus let me know

I can pass u foc

i'm facing the similar problem as TS.

Oil stains at fuel cap area. I tried waxing but stains still persist.

I seek advise from my Uncle (detailing expert), he said it can be remove. Just waxing alone doesn't help. You need a paint scrub with the right chemical to remove it. Followed by wax.

Yet to try but will update once i hands on it.

yes next time pump yourself.

i prefer pumping myself too but sometimes those over zealous ones rush over and insist. some if spill will wash off for u.

some jokers spill on your paintwork dont even bother to rinse off just let it be.

u leave the stain there for a few days and before u know it your white car becomes yellowish white at the spot.

hard to remove. i kena too. just that I have no idea is which irresponsible idiot that spilt petrol and never even rinse off. for me its been 2-3 years ago already. i just live with it.

best is dun pump full tank. have an idea how much litres usually full tank, then just ask attendent to pump 5L less.

eg: if usually 45L the nozzle auto stop, then u just pump 40L

best is dun pump full tank. have an idea how much litres usually full tank, then just ask attendent to pump 5L less.

eg: if usually 45L the nozzle auto stop, then u just pump 40L

Sometimes the spillage is not due to pump full tank. Sometimes the pump attendent will spill some petrol out while he took out the nozzle.

Neutral Newbie

Use a weak dilution of rubbing alcohol (IPA) at 10:1 water:IPA to remove existing petrol and oils around the area by microfiber cloth.

A quality compound like Meguiars Ultimate Compound by hand with microfiber applicator pad should be enough remove the stain on the clear coat. If it doesn't seem to work first time around, I suggest give it another round to minimise. UC finishes quite well so you probably won't need to refine with a polish.

But after you're done, I'd recommend to protect by wax or sealant to prevent and minimise staining in future :)

↡ Advertisement