Advise on the new Kia Sorento 2013

Echelon

I am looking at the new Kia Sorento 2013 model - was wondering any previous generation or Kia owners can shed me some light on the following,

1. Cost of running

2. Fuel consumption

3. Servicing

4. Quality of ride

5. Resale value - Looking at SG Car Mart, the Sorentos are doing quite well in terms of resale value.

I test drove the 2013 model and am interested in it, 7 seater, wide body, alot of options, nice styling, good power to weight ratio, good fuel consumption for a vehicle that massive, average torque for the petrol version and massive torque for the turbodiesel version, but heard cant go into malaysia....anyways overall am impressed with it.

but never had a Korean make before, previously Japanese and Conti-cars.

Any advise would be great.

TIA!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Two days ago you were looking at 2nd car and cant wait till 2015. Now suddenly

you want a new Kia ? Make up your mind and don't waste band width.

Sorry bro, did not mean to waste anyone's bandwidth. It all developed over time. I am still looking at a few solutions. Along the way speaking to different ones gave different thoughts.

First school of thoughts.

1. Get a 2006 model with about 3 years left for just running around, low mileage, small running cost.

Second school of thoughts,

1. Sell away current car - get something that will get you better OMV - my current ride is a Skoda, low OMV - etc....

Third school of thoughts,

1. Sell off current ride - get a new car totally. - thats why I went to see a Kia - something big enough, lower running cost, and easier to maintain.

So have these 3 options after talking to several people.

TIA for listening.

Two days ago you were looking at 2nd car and cant wait till 2015. Now suddenly

you want a new Kia ? Make up your mind and don't waste band width.

strike yesterday's TOTO cannot meh [;)]

• Praise 1

Go for the Turbo diesel model.

anyone can confirm the road tax for turbo diesel?

from onemotoring website. seems like 843+1375=2218/6 months, ie: $369/mth.

this, vs the 2.4L petrol at $140/mth

assuming monthly mileage of 2,000km, taking the listed FC figure of 11.6km/l (petrol) vs 14.7km/l (diesel),

petrol = 172L ($340) while diesel = 136L ($204)

so savings in fuel is much smaller than the higher rd tax.

• Praise 1

Pardon my outburst. It was a spur at the moment. Good luck in your

search for a Kia. Cheers.

No worries bro, I am learning in here, so maybe a little lor saw....long winded.

I did a short research on SUV below $200k, only see 2 seven seater Capitiva and Sorrento, specs and feature wise, Sorrento seems to he the best. Even better than Kia Sportage.

I did a short research on SUV below $200k, only see 2 seven seater Capitiva and Sorrento, specs and feature wise, Sorrento seems to he the best. Even better than Kia Sportage.

sportage cant be compared to sorento, maybe santa fe, the all new santa fe which havent reach our shore yet

I am looking at the new Kia Sorento 2013 model - was wondering any previous generation or Kia owners can shed me some light on the following,

1. Cost of running

2. Fuel consumption

3. Servicing

4. Quality of ride

5. Resale value - Looking at SG Car Mart, the Sorentos are doing quite well in terms of resale value.

I test drove the 2013 model and am interested in it, 7 seater, wide body, alot of options, nice styling, good power to weight ratio, good fuel consumption for a vehicle that massive, average torque for the petrol version and massive torque for the turbodiesel version, but heard cant go into malaysia....anyways overall am impressed with it.

but never had a Korean make before, previously Japanese and Conti-cars.

Any advise would be great.

TIA!!

Hi bro , i driving sorento also ,, it a very nice n comfortable ride , i am also first time driving koren car to my surprise this car

Is big enough to fit in 6 adult n two kid .

Bro , i am driving the previous modle which my car is only 3mth old, sorento is a very nice n comfortable car ,

• Praise 1

Hi bro , i driving sorento also ,, it a very nice n comfortable ride , i am also first time driving koren car to my surprise this car

Is big enough to fit in 6 adult n two kid .

Bro , i am driving the previous modle which my car is only 3mth old, sorento is a very nice n comfortable car ,

From outside sorento design looks nice, i like the size of this SUV, not say too small nor too bulky.

Second school of thoughts,

1. Sell away current car - get something that will get you better OMV - my current ride is a Skoda, low OMV - etc....

TIA for listening.

You meant to say KIA OMV very high?? Hehe....

Today went to C & C to take a look at the facelift Sportage CRDi and Sorento CRDi (never test drive). Both car are beautifully build with very good quality. Equipment level are also very high, especially the Sorento CRDi. Definitely a better car compare to car like the new Honda CRV, look ugly, less equiped and much more expensive.

↡ Advertisement