Steering of hyundai avante

Lovethecars

Can someone share with me the steering feedback they receive from their vehicle, hyundai avante. The hyundai avante I'm referring to is the model before the new elantra... Is the steering too light that it isn't good for driving or managing the vehicle?

↡ Advertisement

Can someone share with me the steering feedback they receive from their vehicle, hyundai avante. The hyundai avante I'm referring to is the model before the new elantra... Is the steering too light that it isn't good for driving or managing the vehicle?

I think the hyundai avante uses the electric power steering so there is not much feedback. Some newer models of the KIA Forte also uses this. Actually, the hydraulic power steering is much better as the driver can feel much more feedback from the wheels during steering and turning is a bit tighter.

For your steering, dont think there is anything much you can do....

Yes. As mentioned, the Avante is on electric power steering thus is light. Good when you are doing tight maneuvers in carparks or 3 point turns. But sometimes artificially light that it lacks feedback. You can tune to the Euro setting which in turn makes the steering weighs up a bit during higher speed (>90km/h). But still light in my opinion.

I think the hyundai avante uses the electric power steering so there is not much feedback. Some newer models of the KIA Forte also uses this. Actually, the hydraulic power steering is much better as the driver can feel much more feedback from the wheels during steering and turning is a bit tighter.

For your steering, dont think there is anything much you can do....

No la. All batches of Forte are on hydraulic power steering.

Yes. As mentioned, the Avante is on electric power steering thus is light. Good when you are doing tight maneuvers in carparks or 3 point turns. But sometimes artificially light that it lacks feedback. You can tune to the Euro setting which in turn makes the steering weighs up a bit during higher speed (>90km/h). But still light in my opinion.

Still light but better than 1 finger steering everytime :D

how to tune to euro settings?

I did it when I had the car serviced at Komoco. You can call them to ask. Not sure if Komoco will charge you for it or outside WS do it too.

Once the car speeds up,the steering will adjust according to the car speed,firm up at higher speed.

Is parking more difficult or is there much difference when it is being compared with forte?

or is there any difficulty to cars that uses hydraulic when parking the avante?

It's too light to my liking.... that was the deal breaker when i was car shopping. . Although I don't mind it cost 5k more than latio back then but I choose a latio cause I hate light steering. I want road feel... if the steering was heavier, im an avante owner now... he he he. . :D

It's too light to my liking.... that was the deal breaker when i was car shopping. . Although I don't mind it cost 5k more than latio back then but I choose a latio cause I hate light steering. I want road feel... if the steering was heavier, im an avante owner now... he he he. . :D

Read in the forum that Avante steering can be adjusted to "euro-feel" one. Think those shipped to Oz market has a heavier steering feel by default, ours is super light feel by default.

I felt the steering was too light and requested KMC to change to the euro setting during my servicing. 1st time is free. Wht i know is that to change back from euro to original need to pay.

And KMC takes a long time to do this.. 5 hours..

lols.. Avante steering always light.. Well. when I drove it twice.. it was very light..

No la. All batches of Forte are on hydraulic power steering.

Early batches of Forte are on electric power steering. Safe to say, Fortes that took delivery 2010 onwards all are on hydraulic. Mine`s Sept 2009 batch and is on electric. Talking about feel, just a matter of getting used to it. Have travelled up north at 140 km/h no issues.

Is parking more difficult or is there much difference when it is being compared with forte?

Avante's steering is ultra light when parking. Can steer with one finger even! :D

↡ Advertisement