Steering of hyundai avante

Lovethecars

Early batches of Forte are on electric power steering. Safe to say, Fortes that took delivery 2010 onwards all are on hydraulic. Mine`s Sept 2009 batch and is on electric. Talking about feel, just a matter of getting used to it. Have travelled up north at 140 km/h no issues.

Oh, that's something new I learnt. But I wonder why Kia changed to hydraulic power steering after that.

↡ Advertisement

perhaps the avante's steering is lighter than other cars but i felt once u get used to it, it was ok.

in fact, my mazda steering is not tat much diff fr avante....u juz need time to get the "feel" of any newly aquired car [;)]

perhaps the avante's steering is lighter than other cars but i felt once u get used to it, it was ok.

in fact, my mazda steering is not tat much diff fr avante....u juz need time to get the "feel" of any newly aquired car [;)]

If comparing between Mazda, in this case Mazda 3 which i have driven before. The steering is definitely heavier than that on Avante and this is contributed by the fact is on hydraulic power steering.

If comparing between Mazda, in this case Mazda 3 which i have driven before. The steering is definitely heavier than that on Avante and this is contributed by the fact is on hydraulic power steering.

u r rite....mazda 3 has heavier steering....but my mazda 2 feels lighter n quite comparable to the avante....(maybe i'm less sensitive to the feel?)

Mazda cars from 323 to Mazda 3 all have heavy steering,but this is going to change in the new 6,the new 6 is comes with EPS,very light at parking speed.

It's too light to my liking.... that was the deal breaker when i was car shopping. . Although I don't mind it cost 5k more than latio back then but I choose a latio cause I hate light steering. I want road feel... if the steering was heavier, im an avante owner now... he he he. . :D

Huh. Back to avante? Why leh

Huh. Back to avante? Why leh

i meant i would be an avante owner now if the steering feel was good......hehehe.. pardon my koyak english.. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Similiar fate with other avante car users on this post had replace the culprit coupling (had attach the culprit ) Komoco service staff mention 2006 - 2010 Avante models all suffer similiar fate.In addition had also change both front wheel bearings due to "humming" sound when driving 40km/h , initial suspect were the Hankook185/65 R15 tyres but after changing 4 sets still got "humming" sound thats when the mechanic jackup the car again and rotate it in turn found free play on the wheels and replied the front driver side bearings are cause of the humming sound as all moving parts involve shaft and bearings and recommend to change both front wheel bearings.

This round car maintenance really bomb me $$$.

Anyway anyone know whether car uses ceramic bearings?? heard it last longer.

post-66973-0-11784100-1394716013_thumb.jpg

post-66973-0-18975400-1394716801_thumb.jpg