50% of employees are bad hires

Ahtong

Link

Singapore bosses think 50% of employees are 'bad hires': survey

While top talents are a measly 10-30%.

According to a survey by RecruitPlus, 99% of the 4,000 employers who answered felt that their organization carry certain percentage of bad hires, from 10% to a whopping 50%.

Conversely, only 64% of the same respondents felt that their companies have Super Performers, ranging from 10% to 30% of their workforce. This group of individuals usually comes from 1) referrals, 2) recruitment agencies & 3) job boards.

All respondents believe the Super Performers are capable of handling the job of 2 to 5 bad hires and will not mind paying them 10% to 30% more salary vis-

↡ Advertisement

Link

Singapore bosses think 50% of employees are 'bad hires': survey

While top talents are a measly 10-30%.

According to a survey by RecruitPlus, 99% of the 4,000 employers who answered felt that their organization carry certain percentage of bad hires, from 10% to a whopping 50%.

Conversely, only 64% of the same respondents felt that their companies have Super Performers, ranging from 10% to 30% of their workforce. This group of individuals usually comes from 1) referrals, 2) recruitment agencies & 3) job boards.

All respondents believe the Super Performers are capable of handling the job of 2 to 5 bad hires and will not mind paying them 10% to 30% more salary vis-

Edited by Joseph22

assuming bad hire work rate is say 20% of super performance..

then that guy do around 5 guys job meaning 500% more work load.. only pay 10 to 30% more?? no wonder job hopping is a norm in singapore [laugh]

I was thinking the same thing. [sweatdrop]

There's only limited vacancy to be boss pets.. In a dept of 10 people, only a handful, say 2 or 3, may go lunch/karoke with the boss. The rest who don't are consider bad hire.. So there about 50% or more..

assuming bad hire work rate is say 20% of super performance..

then that guy do around 5 guys job meaning 500% more work load.. only pay 10 to 30% more?? no wonder job hopping is a norm in singapore [laugh]

More like no wonder they get lousy hires

More like no wonder they get lousy hires

i think Ender said it all..

to most local bosses.. the super performance might be those power PLP...

my work place also the same.. the guy we help (force to because we want the project to move) who happen to be very good at PLP but dont get things done one keep promoting

my work place also the same.. the guy we help (force to because we want the project to move) who happen to be very good at PLP but dont get things done one keep promoting

Your colleague has people skills.

He can get things done (by others) despite being rather inept himself.

He also gets along well with superiors.

This type of talent is management material. [laugh]

50% of companies would not pay more for good hires.

People diam diam doesnt mean people wouldnt think for their future.

People dont work hard & smart doest mean they are not capable.

When we were students, you think everyone in the class is top student?(Unless you come from a top school lah). Let's say on average. Students in the class got good students, got slow learning students, got average students and top students. Nobody is perfect mah.

Bosses are also not perfect beings what. Do you get 100% perfectly good bosses?

It's the job of a boss to motivate and to lead. I think this survey is flawed. It only serves to drive the wrong impression that employees are to blame for poor performance. I believe every employee is good at something. It's only how one is able to fit the persons interests and capabilities to the job. It's also how one motivates and leads the employee. How many super performers are there? Even if he/she can do the job of 4 or 5, how long can this super performer keep this up? Would this super performer need to work 12 hours a day?

↡ Advertisement