The ultimate frappucino!

Jman888

you think he will lau sai for next 3 days? <_<

US man gets most expensive Starbucks drink for free

US, February 20, 2013

Coffees from cafes cost multiple times more than kopi from coffeeshops, but the price of Washington's Beau Chevassus' Starbucks' order may make your jaw and coffee mug drop.

1561.jpg

In his video uploaded on Feb 9, Chevassus set out to see if he could order "the world's most expensive Starbuck's drink".

He brought a 52oz (1.5 litres) mug to his local outlet and ordered a 48-shot venti vanilla spice mocha frappucino with a host of toppings and add-ons such as matcha and protein powder, 2 bananas, caramel and mocha drizzle, vanilla bean and dark chocolate curls. His total bill came up to US$47.30 (S$58.57).

To top it off, Chevassus managed to claim the order as his birthday drink - a free drink given to US customers, who joined the cafe's reward programme, on their birthday month. In Singapore, the birthday treat for customers include a free slice of cake with any handcrafted beverage purchased.

The staff good-naturedly put together his order, with the cashier bumping up his original order of 40 espresso shots to 48. Chevassus mentioned on his Youtube channel that he knew the staff at his local cafe well and brought them a dozen doughnuts on the day he pulled his stunt.

If you were wondering if he finished the giant drink, Chevassus said that he managed to finish most of the drink, but it made his gums itch.

"It was rather delicious and extremely sweet," said Chevassus in a reply to questions posted on his YouTube channel.

↡ Advertisement

Rockson mentioned in his blog that Starbucks is so expensive it makes you see stars when you hand over your bucks :D

the cheapest Starbucks you can find is in Thailand, i remember it was 40% lower than any country and cheaper than the normal kopi in McD here :D

the cheapest Starbucks you can find is in Thailand, i remember it was 40% lower than any country and cheaper than the normal kopi in McD here :D

just don't have the starbucks in dubai ... i nearly threw up ... dont know what milk exactly they put inside .. but it couldnt be mixed properly with the drink ><

When i went BKK i ordered but similar price to SGP leh. Yours also in BKK ?

When i went BKK i ordered but similar price to SGP leh. Yours also in BKK ?

i had it sometime back in BKK and it was like $2+ for a latte, how much does it cost now?

just don't have the starbucks in dubai ... i nearly threw up ... dont know what milk exactly they put inside .. but it couldnt be mixed properly with the drink ><

they used carmel's milk......

they used carmel's milk......

thats what i think too ... but it was a few years ago so cant remember if camel or goats milk. either way, it was horrible ...

i had it sometime back in BKK and it was like $2+ for a latte, how much does it cost now?

cannot be lah. I went to Chang Mai 10 years ago and the starbucks there had fraps which was similarly priced after currency conversion to SG's.

cannot be lah. I went to Chang Mai 10 years ago and the starbucks there had fraps which was similarly priced after currency conversion to SG's.

It was laced with siao lah you slut :D

i bought it in one of the kiosk inside Robinson or another shopping mall, surprise it was so much cheaper.... maybe there was a promotion going on [rolleyes]

I drink confirm go hospital..... :wacko:

i tried once finish a cup of frap long time ago, sick for 2 days, never drink another cup since [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement