Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

Mileage very subjective... unless you do a blind test. Someone else help you top up petrol without telling you which brand. You also need to try a few tanks to get the average.

By the way, cheap doesn't mean lousy, expensive doesn't mean good.

20 min video on premium vs regular gas:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPPkPAbzwbU&app=desktop

Agree, I was a regular SPC 98 user years back. The cheaper price was why i choose SPC. After few months, i switched to shell 98

On an average, i was getting about 500km per tank with SPC 98, getting approx 550km on shell 98. This reading was taken as an average, travelling on almost the same route day to day.

Thus that makes me wonder whether petrol from different companies will gives different mileage....

Understand that there are also other factors which affect the mileage, just hoping to get some views from other drivers out there.

↡ Advertisement

How come the vouchers so fast finish?

I went just now and the lady say station extended not going to close so no more voucher. :TT_TT: BTW the vouchers can be used at all SPC or only nearby?

• Praise 1

when I tried SPC92 no diff from Caltex92, so just stuck with SPC and use POSB card to pay.

POSB credit card ? any other discount card ? thanks for the advice.

Last time I pump Cowtax , compared to shell , car got more power on 95.

• Praise 4

POSB credit card ? any other discount card ? thanks for the advice.

Last time I pump Cowtax , compared to shell , car got more power on 95.

think for SPC, use POSB is best deal, get 6% rebate.

• Praise 2

Agree, I was a regular SPC 98 user years back. The cheaper price was why i choose SPC. After few months, i switched to shell 98

On an average, i was getting about 500km per tank with SPC 98, getting approx 550km on shell 98. This reading was taken as an average, travelling on almost the same route day to day.

Thus that makes me wonder whether petrol from different companies will gives different mileage....

Understand that there are also other factors which affect the mileage, just hoping to get some views from other drivers out there.

I used to be on Esso 95RON. There are a total of 8 digital tabs on my fuel indicator. Each tab gets me 50 to 55km, strictly on 95RON.

One day, I decided to try a petrol cocktail since Esso claims their 98RON has double the additives of 92RON (95RON only has 20% more additives than 92RON).

I mixed $10 of 98RON with $40 of 95RON.

The first tankful saw each tab on my fuel indicator returning an extra 5 to 10km, averaging an extra 50km per tank.

I have never looked back since.

• Praise 3

I used to be on Esso 95RON. There are a total of 8 digital tabs on my fuel indicator. Each tab gets me 50 to 55km, strictly on 95RON.

One day, I decided to try a petrol cocktail since Esso claims their 98RON has double the additives of 92RON (95RON only has 20% more additives than 92RON).

I mixed $10 of 98RON with $40 of 95RON.

The first tankful saw each tab on my fuel indicator returning an extra 5 to 10km, averaging an extra 50km per tank.

I have never looked back since.

so you still pumping mixture or pure 98

• Praise 2

so you still pumping mixture or pure 98

Yup. My secret concoction of 20% 98RON with 80% 95RON seems to get best bang for buck in mileage, ie. $ per km.

Every $50 pumped cost me an extra $1 using 80/20 95/98RON (when compared to pumping 100% 95RON)

But any additional mileage >10km on each thankful translates to savings.

Try it and share your findings here.

Edited by Vinceng

Yup. My secret concoction of 20% 98RON with 80% 95RON seems to get best bang for buck in mileage, ie. $ per km.

Hi, may i know what car r u driving?

ohhh thanks ...

I used card on assole , its 17% off.

The posb everyday card is worth taking, i got it recently

When i pump spc, it offers the best discount+rebate

For esso, i use citibank

For esso, i use Citibank

Citibank no good for esso already..... unless you are a big spender on the card.

If you pump Esso, I suggest the dbs esso card too.

Citibank no good for esso already..... unless you are a big spender on the card.

If you pump Esso, I suggest the dbs esso card too.

For the citi, i use the platinum card although i have the dividend card too

I dont have the dbs esso card, only the dbs live fresh card, any idea if the discount is the same?

• Praise 2

For esso, i use citibank

I know it may be a myth but I always get quite low mileage with spc fuel...regardless of the type of car im driving...else i would pump spc for the rebates...

↡ Advertisement