Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

Gain City petrol pumps has Esso logo big big on the pump stations.

Private operators only can buy diesel or lup sup oil from bunkers or whatever they are called.

Although I never pump the diesel there before but I highly doubt they are taking Marine Gas Oil (MGO) or Marine Diesel Oil (MDO). Your car might not even be able to start after that.

This is the station I am talking about - They are advertising their diesel as Euro 5 compliant diesel too.

http://www.smartenergy.sg/

Anyone pumping diesel compare their price with the big 4?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Although I never pump the diesel there before but I highly doubt they are taking Marine Gas Oil (MGO) or Marine Diesel Oil (MDO). Your car might not even be able to start after that.

This is the station I am talking about - They are advertising their diesel as Euro 5 compliant diesel too.

Anyone pumping diesel compare their price with the big 4?

oh this one..... diesel only station. I think Serangoon North Ave 5 also have....

but if you see their Sungei Kadut megastore, they have 2 pumps from Esso.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

oh this one..... diesel only station. I think Serangoon North Ave 5 also have....

How much is smart diesel?
  • Praise 2

How much is smart diesel?

The link I posted has the price.

78-82 cents per ltr.

But you get my point?

In theory (and also in practice), it is possible to run an independent station in Singapore.

Edited by Kusje

Supercharged

78-82 cents per ltr.

But you get my point?

In theory (and also in practice), it is possible to run an independent station in Singapore.

Yes, with a financial strength similar to Gain City.

Talking about setting up a Co-Op can be easy, not so sure about the actual execution. Especially with all the red tapes.

In my opinion, it is easier if we are allowed to take on franchises of petrol stations, competition among independent franchisees might drive down prices compared to now, when there are only 4 players in the market.

Correction! $inkapour is the most expensive city to live in the world for 3 consecutive years!

I believe will be all the way till at least year 2020!

Huat ah!

I'm so damn proud to be a $inkies!

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/economy/singapore-still-worlds-most-expensive-city-eiu?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&link_time=1457583251#xtor=CS1-10

Sama sama... $inkapor must be LUMBER 1 in everything mah...

Even the cost of living must be LUMBER 1  :a-m1524:

We must now ask our Million dollar Garment where is our LUMBER 1 in living standards? Like the Swiss!!! :a-bang:

• Praise 2

Supersonic

78-82 cents per ltr.

But you get my point?

I see. So the 25% is a given. Thought thats only w some loyalty card for businesses. Since i stay so near, maybe i should consider diesel.
  • Praise 2

Yes, with a financial strength similar to Gain City.

Talking about setting up a Co-Op can be easy, not so sure about the actual execution. Especially with all the red tapes.

In my opinion, it is easier if we are allowed to take on franchises of petrol stations, competition among independent franchisees might drive down prices compared to now, when there are only 4 players in the market.

Eh. Maybe I wasn't clear. This smart petrol station isn't affiliated to gain city.

I see. So the 25% is a given. Thought thats only w some loyalty card for businesses. Since i stay so near, maybe i should consider diesel.

Tbh. Not sure leh. You go down and find out lor. I just assumed the discounts are the same as the discounts for the big 4 where it is sure makan one.

But it does make sense because without the discount, who will buy from them? And they also have a big sign saying they have the cheapest euro 5 diesel.

Have you tried it yet?

I'm thinking of trying too since I stay near too.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Have you tried it yet?

I'm thinking of trying too since I stay near too.

I still on petrol.
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

esso 95 stil 1.86 when I pumped last fri.. only the sihum.....

your tune allows for 95 ron?

:D

Hypersonic

hehe now back to stock.....even pedalbox also off...... [thumbsup]

hmmm something wrong with the tune or sian of being too fast too furious?

• Praise 1

hmmm something wrong with the tune or sian of being too fast too furious?

i thk more the first one, jus not getting the response even aft new map....but also when u use tog with pedalbox it was always fnf n got very heavy on the stock brakes...fun but uncomfortable....

u shd try someday :D

Hypersonic

i thk more the first one, jus not getting the response even aft new map....but also when u use tog with pedalbox it was always fnf n got very heavy on the stock brakes...fun but uncomfortable....

u shd try someday :D

Happy with my current piggyback. No need pedalbox. Fast enough for me.

Just using 98 for peace of mind

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1