Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

Hypersonic

personally i see no reason to cheer for a particular brand as they are still part of a cartel that is exploiting consumers with no watchdog to oversee their business ethics.

hahaha some here even want to boycott certain brands

• Praise 2

Just pumped at Esso and was happy to see that they have just dropped the prices at 5pm today...

3 cents reduction across the board for all petrol grades and 2 cents reduction for diesel.   :a-m1212:

I pumped 92 @ $2.16...

95 is at $2.20 and 98 is $2.55....

Looks like we need to thank SPC for keeping the pressure on the big boys...

• Praise 3

personally i see no reason to cheer for a particular brand as they are still part of a cartel that is exploiting consumers with no watchdog to oversee their business ethics.

It is true that they are all part of a cartel. People think spc is innocent? Think again! They would just delay the increase by a day or for a few hours! Eventually they would raise up the price to exactly the SAME level!  [thumbsdown] 

Who say that there is competition? No cartel, like what we have been told?

In NZ, I noticed prices of fuel differ by brands, even when the stations were just opposite each other!

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

Just pumped at Esso and was happy to see that they have just dropped the prices at 5pm today...

3 cents reduction across the board for all petrol grades and 2 cents reduction for diesel.   :a-m1212:

I pumped 92 @ $2.16...

95 is at $2.20 and 98 is $2.55....

Looks like we need to thank SPC for keeping the pressure on the big boys...

I pumped yesterday morning RON 98 @$2.58! :a-shoot:

It is true that they are all part of a cartel. People think spc is innocent? Think again! They would just delay the increase by a day or for a few hours! Eventually they would raise up the price to exactly the SAME level!  [thumbsdown] 

In NZ, I noticed prices of fuel differ by brands, even when the stations were just opposite each other!

It's a culture that is reflected distinctively by the 70%.

We deserved it

It's a culture that is reflected distinctively by the 70%.

We deserved it

Sadly, we become the suckers, though I cannot agree that WE DESERVE it! We  are more or less victim of circumstances!

Edited by Fitvip

I know I super slow but.. I have always pumped 92 until yesterday, when I finally realized that 95 is only a few cents more expensive per litre.

It is true that they are all part of a cartel. People think spc is innocent? Think again! They would just delay the increase by a day or for a few hours! Eventually they would raise up the price to exactly the SAME level! [thumbsdown]

That's what we have to live with. The 3/4 tank rule really protects them to the max. Without this rule, I guess they will close shop already

I know I super slow but.. I have always pumped 92 until yesterday, when I finally realized that 95 is only a few cents more expensive per litre.

Haha...always 4 cents more.

But the $ jump from 95 to 98 is big. 

Tax on premium fuel like RON 98 is 36 cents more than RON 95. This is really the difference where pain can be felt.

Btw, somehow I feel my car on sPC RON95 is lethargy and the response is much slower. Need to try a**hole fuel to see any difference. It certainly feel much alive at the dirty 97 fuel across the shore.

↡ Advertisement