Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

Neutral Newbie

Well, we do agree that taxes are still needed to build the country and keep it going. There is no free lunch to keep things going.

However for the past generation of leaders, they have not been using these funds intelligently and with accountability.

There are many unwanted projects wasted with millions of dollars and there is no accountability of how these funds being used.

These people, without showing their actual performances being shown in the first five years of the new leadership, already asking for another million dollar salaries in their paychecks and expected to be paid like CEOs in a different world, the corporate world. In the end, it adds to their complacency, mistakes after mistakes that make the once efficient and first world country degrading, from overcrowding to breakdown of services and infrastructures, to covering up mistakes from AGO findings, to reviving another riot after 50 years of nation building, and much more.

Yet these people can be pardoned, with no accountability to answer their mistakes and continued in their posts as if nothing has happened. Want to paid like corporate CEOs, but has no accountability like the corporate world? And the people are facing higher and higher costs of living and taxes, and having with lesser and lesser things they can have in their lives, just to pay these people millions but not being accountable and even get things properly running? Aren't these people getting more and more out of the tounch with the grounds already?

Worse, people have been taken like fools like the Presidential election, and being mocked with sarcastic remarks and policies that these ministers have lost touch with the people. Looking back at the past leaderships of the old guards, this is the worst, downgraded and certainly lose touch with the grounds.

Over here is only part of the picture that the people are currently unhappy with the incumbent. You haven't seen the unhappiness in other forums and in the real society where the people aren't so lucky like many people here who can drive.

Bro

Have not enough power to praise you but what has been said touched the depth of many people.

↡ Advertisement

Just 6 days ago, Ron98 was $2.64 at SPC.

I pumped at Esso today cos I wanted to use the SMS voucher. It's $2.71 ð¤¬ð¤¬ð¤¬

Support spc lah

Support spc lah

SPC no voucher now. So I'll pump Esso until 30th Nov.

And there's another incentive I received via SMS on Monday, which I can hit.

Hopefully SPC comes out with more vouchers and promos too.

post-1798-0-79483500-1538526607_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

SPC no voucher now. So I'll pump Esso until 30th Nov.

And there's another incentive I received via SMS on Monday, which I can hit.

Hopefully SPC comes out with more vouchers and promos too.

attachicon.gif5DF7FAD5-E174-4ACB-AD27-E9BDF0ACC460.jpeg

SPC at Upper Thomson is now offering $4 vouchers for every $60 fuel purchase from Oct - Dec.  But can only use at their station.  I just pumped there last Sunday and got the vouchers.  Think it should still be available.  

• Praise 3

SPC at Upper Thomson is now offering $4 vouchers for every $60 fuel purchase from Oct - Dec.  But can only use at their station.  I just pumped there last Sunday and got the vouchers.  Think it should still be available.  

thanks for the tip! good info for the rest of the drivers here.

for me, seems like the Esso offer is more attractive for now, since it's 10% off ($5 off every $50) and can be used at any Esso station islandwide. Moreover, i can chiong for the 350 bonus Smiles points which is a lot. :)

• Praise 2

thanks for the tip! good info for the rest of the drivers here.

for me, seems like the Esso offer is more attractive for now, since it's 10% off ($5 off every $50) and can be used at any Esso station islandwide. Moreover, i can chiong for the 350 bonus Smiles points which is a lot. :)

Esso offer is definitely better!  Can I ask which credit card do you have to use to get this offer from Esso?  

Esso offer is definitely better!  Can I ask which credit card do you have to use to get this offer from Esso?  

i use Citi Cashback card with the normal Smiles card for this SMS offer. This combi nets u 14% upfront with 8% cashback on nett amount.

i also have an Esso Mastercard that is tagged to a speedpass + a separate smiles account from the above. this card isn't entitled to the SMS promo but the upfront discount is 17%.

i use Citi Cashback card with the normal Smiles card for this SMS offer. This combi nets u 14% upfront with 8% cashback on nett amount.

i also have an Esso Mastercard that is tagged to a speedpass + a separate smiles account from the above. this card isn't entitled to the SMS promo but the upfront discount is 17%.

Thanks for info!  Sounds like a good deal. I have Citi cashback card too but seldom use it.  Will explore this option now.  

what-the-fish ...

when pump price cross $2.0/L ... all kaypoh

when pump price cross $2.5/L ... all shout

when pump price touch $3.0/L ... i guess no feeling liao

Esso 98 costs 2.71...

Edited by Wt_know

wah vpower and 98 gap so little now

i thought it was around 20cts per litre previously?

[dizzy]

Yup last year Sept was the last time I pumped vpower.

It was $2.69. 98 was $2.43.

• Praise 1

Back in Feb 2015, Tharman, said that even with the petrol excise duty hike, petrol prices are still at its lowest in recent years.

Now petrol price is at an all time high, the petrol excise duty rise should be reversed.

Esso 98 costs 2.71...

Esso

what-the-fish ...

when pump price cross $2.0/L ... all kaypoh

when pump price cross $2.5/L ... all shout

when pump price touch $3.0/L ... i guess no feeling liao

心灰意冷

From Petrolwatch

WTH.. Caltex 98 is so farking ex!

9D0A77C1-916C-4CA0-8A7E-5C6267F4D7FB.jpeg

No wonder nowadays lorry cheong lane 1, car go lane 3
  • Praise 2