Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Think i will go top up tonight. actually can still drive for the rest of this week.

Usually which level of the petrol indicator that you go top up le?

↡ Advertisement

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Usually which level of the petrol indicator that you go top up le?

1/4 left. I don't usually go to 1/8th left in case of some emergency, too busy to top up petrol etc.

• Praise 4

here we go !! its coming !!

Oil prices surge 15% after attack on Saudi facility hits global supply

Oil prices surged more than 15 per cent at the open on Sunday (Sep 15) after an attack on Saudi Arabia's oil facilities on Saturday that knocked out more than five per cent of global oil supply.

Brent crude futures jumped more than 19 per cent to a session high of US$71.95 a barrel at the opening, while US crude futures surged more than 15 per cent to a session high of US$63.34 a barrel.

State oil giant Saudi Aramco said the attack cut output by 5.7 million barrels per day, at a time when Aramco is trying to ready itself for what is expected to be the world's largest share sale.

Aramco gave no timeline for output resumption. A source close to the matter told Reuters the return to full oil capacity could take "weeks, not days."

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

Can’t be la.

Yemen and Saudi always bombing each other with missiles. But now they used drones...knn.

See this missile landed in Saudi airport in June I think, the Patriot missile couldn’t intercept it.

My friend was working in Aramco but came back liao.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Freeder said:

Skali Ownself bomb Ownself...

I was thinking the same thing also... Now work less by half.... But get extra 15% profit ! 

13 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Can’t be la.

Yemen and Saudi always bombing each other with missiles. But now they used drones...knn.

See this missile landed in Saudi airport in June I think, the Patriot missile couldn’t intercept it.

My friend was working in Aramco but came back liao.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/economy/singapore-could-see-higher-inflation-if-spike-in-oil-prices-persists-analysts

While some areas such as transport and utilities may see a rise in cost, others like the oil refinery industry could reap benefits.

For consumers, higher oil prices could bump up inflation in the Republic, with every 10 per cent increase in oil prices expected to add about 0.3 percentage points to headline Consumer Price Index inflation, said Mr Seah.

But he noted that there were mitigating factors, as the impact could be partially offset by lower electricity tariffs as a result of the Open Electricity Market scheme rolled out from November last year.

"Moreover, an outsized accumulated budget surplus of about $15 billion implies that the government is in a strong fiscal position to introduce offset measures to curb against the price impact on consumers, if required," he said.

On the other hand, Singapore's oil and gas sector, which accounts for about 5 to 6 per cent of its gross domestic product, could benefit from a rise in prices, he said.

Stockpiles from before the hike could still be used, with exports subsequently priced at higher levels.

Mr Seah added: "Although oil imports may affect the external balance, Singapore has one of the highest current account positions in the region and the impact will also be offset by an increase in refined petroleum exports."

But Maybank Kim Eng economist Chua Hak Bin believes the oil price shock may not have a significant impact on global inflation.

He said inflation would unlikely rise to "alarming levels" with the hike in oil price coming at a time when global growth is "a bit precarious" and inflation is low.

On 9/12/2019 at 1:15 PM, Vinceng said:

OIl prices are sliding but pump prices are UP.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/Oil-Slides-As-Trump-Considers-Easing-Sanctions-On-Iran.html

What is CASE doing ?

#CASE #OilPrices #ConsumerAssociationOfSingapore

SPC is still holding on prices since 7 June - go support SPC

https://www.spc.com.sg/our-business/spc-service-station/latest-pump-price

pump price.jpg

https://markets.businessinsider.com/commodities/news/goldman-sachs-saudi-oil-crisis-could-last-3-months-and-prices-hit-75-2019-9-1028526722

Be prepared for further rise in fuel prices.. At least for next few months. 

3 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Shell 95 has been raised 2 times in a week - now $2.31/litre.

Wonder if my $6 off $60 Coupon Well help or not ...