Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

1 hour ago, Krieger said:

Hi yishunite,

just want to know why "sinkies" are used for us Singaporeans? I feel rather sad that you use such term on us, which I suppose you are a Singaporean too?

Yes there are indeed high taxes and so making our life tough, but if it is on for our security/conveniences  in various front why not?

Do share with us which country you think is better in your own context that prompts you to make us Singaporeans being a "Sinkie" ?

Cheers

got use so much for our security/conveniences meh? now even home team also sub out n freeze headcount. in times of these, spending should be led by the G cos only they have lots of money.

they only spend on themselves and their cronies. EOY u can see how much bonus they 'secretly' award themselves after 'cutting 1 month salary'. also their MPs will still rake in big money by sitting on many board of directors. while we peasants slog and our children's future is unclear

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

http://theindependent.sg/dr-koh-poh-koon-its-not-easy-for-most-people-to-understand-petrol-pricing/

If you are not a colorectal surgeon, you will not be able to understand petrol pricing. 

fdgkoinb.JPG

Ya i don understand why it took forever to go down BUT go up is immediately leh!

As reason by the article the cost of crude oil is 30% of the total cost BUT why up is IMMEDIATELY neh? The percentage sudden change meh?

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Ya i don understand why it took forever to go down BUT go up is immediately leh!

As reason by the article the cost of crude oil is 30% of the total cost BUT why up is IMMEDIATELY neh? The percentage sudden change meh?

Anyway I always pray for oil price not to go down too much because oil price down is temporary but Singapore Government Petrol Duty rise is permanent.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-budget-2015-rise-in-petrol-duty-but-drivers-will-enjoy-road-tax-rebates

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
(edited)
17 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

Anyway I always pray for oil price not to go down too much because oil price down is temporary but Singapore Government Petrol Duty rise is permanent.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-budget-2015-rise-in-petrol-duty-but-drivers-will-enjoy-road-tax-rebates

95RON dropped to a low $1.85/ litre in Feb 2015 and Tharman saw the opportunity to meet his KPI.

Edited by Vinceng

Turbocharged

Quote from a market report "...OPEC and Russia might eventually reconsider efforts to cut output if prices stay intolerably low"

Those rascals will simply cut output to maintain prices.

Hypersonic
15 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

95RON dropped to a low $1.85/ litre in Feb 2015 and Tharman saw the opportunity to meet his KPI.

Prime minister material.

• Haha! 1

Crude oil drop but retail price never drop = Peasants don't understand chimology formula

Crude oil rise and retail price immediately rise = Oil company not profiteering merely following market movement 

• Praise 5

51 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

OPEC oil have fallen to US$32/- per barrel. Could further drop to US$20/- per barrel. :we-all-gonna-die:

So what's our oil cartels going to do ???   :pissed-off:

Need our resident oil guru @Vinceng to advise :grin: 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

low oil price is not good for everyone .... including EV ... lol

it's time to get your V8 4L ? [sly] 

2020-03-10_080504.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1