Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

1 hour ago, Tcx607 said:

Like to share my own experiences. Previously, I was driving FD2. To save $$, I pump Ron92 and only after 3 tanks pump, the engine check light initiated.

Thereafter, I pump SPC Ron95 until I scrapped the car. No problem at all. 

Yep, used to pump SPC 95 with my FD... my current ride is more fussy...

from personal butt feel experience, tried spc 98 recently when they had the 22% promo in February. for some reason felt engine was more coarse and rough when accelerating compared to normal ( caltex 95). 

Normally pump caltex 95, sometimes tried caltex 98 and feel the following in terms of smoothness of engine . Hardly pump shell or esso unless go up north will pump v power from Shell.

caltex 98>  caltex  95 > SPC 98

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Fitvip said:

That was the reason I ditched SPC 16 years ago. Blood hell, I had to go for scanning which cost me $60 at that time. The warning light kept appearing. So driving really boey song lor!

After switching to ESSO, no such problem!

16 years ago...😅

What car was it?

2 hours ago, Tcx607 said:

Like to share my own experiences. Previously, I was driving FD2. To save $$, I pump Ron92 and only after 3 tanks pump, the engine check light initiated.

Thereafter, I pump SPC Ron95 until I scrapped the car. No problem at all. 

I always pump SPC 95, car no mod at all.

1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

from personal butt feel experience, tried spc 98 recently when they had the 22% promo in February. for some reason felt engine was more coarse and rough when accelerating compared to normal ( caltex 95). 

Normally pump caltex 95, sometimes tried caltex 98 and feel the following in terms of smoothness of engine . Hardly pump shell or esso unless go up north will pump v power from Shell.

caltex 98>  caltex  95 > SPC 98

No wonder among all the petrol companies, caltex is the most stuck up, petrol always the most ex. Cause their petrol is better than the rest? Lol.

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

No wonder among all the petrol companies, caltex is the most stuck up, petrol always the most ex. Cause their petrol is better than the rest? Lol.

Not here to convince anyone. Caltex is still in business because enough people need the better fuel or feel that the better fuel is worth it.

Then there are those that don’t need the better fuel and don’t feel that it is worth the premium and go for SPC or Sinopec.

If people’s cars started blowing up or fouling on cheap gas these cheap brands wouldn’t stay in business long either.

To each their own, that’s why there’s choices for everyone.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
21 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Not here to convince anyone. Caltex is still in business because enough people need the better fuel or feel that the better fuel is worth it.

Then there are those that don’t need the better fuel and don’t feel that it is worth the premium and go for SPC or Sinopec.

If people’s cars started blowing up or fouling on cheap gas these cheap brands wouldn’t stay in business long either.

To each their own, that’s why there’s choices for everyone.

Some say Malaysian petrol is so cheap and thus so lousy!  Add water, add kerosene, add whatever. 
poor Malaysians..... their car blowing up left right center cause Kenna Cheated by cheap petrol. To each his own too!

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 3

55 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Some say Malaysian petrol is so cheap and thus so lousy!  Add water, add kerosene, add whatever. 
poor Malaysians..... their car blowing up left right center cause Kenna Cheated by cheap petrol. To each his own too!

Sinkie always like to siket atas.

If in Malaysia cars can run on water, they must have the break-through technology no humanity has.

Turbocharged

Yet another reason to pump is SPC reduced pump prices by 4 cents to $2.09 for 95RON, but all its competitors are still charging $2.13 for 95RON.

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

caltex very good for NA engine 

:a-toast:

2 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

caltex very good for NA engine 

:a-toast:

But the max they give for TDVL is 20% only.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Yet another reason to pump is SPC reduced pump prices by 4 cents to $2.09 for 95RON, but all its competitors are still charging $2.13 for 95RON.

Bro spc no earn point one right

esso have smile points which if u want 750 points for $30 and thats about the same 4 cents diff with spc

given same credit card discount 

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

But the max they give for TDVL is 20% only.

good juice but stingy 😬😬😬

our tdvl can apply all brands right? 🤝🤝🤝

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1