Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

i swear off SPC diesel though.. always had higher HSU during inspections{always passed but could see that the inspector had to take more effort to moderate the throttle) and noticeable black smoke and lack of power. did numerous ABAB test as i wanted to be objective. price was the same back then, so it was more for convenience to pump SPC, but finally in the end decided to pump caltex diesel for a better drive an ease of passing HSU tests.

petrol wise, no diff to me as long as in the same grade.

Geez....we share same sentiments. The idling is definitely more rough and less responsive during pick up.

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

What car u driving now??

2.2CRDi......:a-fun:

Damn wheel keep spinning while taking off. The not so grippy GY Wrangler tyres are not exactly helping either.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
9 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Geez....we share same sentiments. The idling is definitely more rough and less responsive during pick up.

Damn wheel keep spinning while taking off. The not so grippy GY Wrangler tyres are not exactly helping either.

Not sure if you have tried cynergy or smart diesel. Wonder how is it. Was out of the way for me so never tried. 
caltex diesel was the best for me. Burns clean and more power. Tested on Kangoo over 10years. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Not sure if you have tried cynergy or smart diesel. Wonder how is it. 
caltex diesel was the best for me. Burns clean and more power. Tested on Kangoo over 10years. 

Ok ok I admit 

i never pump spc one actually because

For me is oem :grin:

Supersonic
(edited)
19 hours ago, Hamburger said:

To each his own I guess.

I don't pump spc 95 as my butt feels the different compared to AS hole.

I tried their diesel now and was alarmed by the difference too. As much as I want to save a couple of cents from every litre, my butt tells me other wise. 

Again, it's my butt feels. 

Since I ditched SPC, I have not tried them again. Quite tempted to try when they added levo, and now with the price advantage. Think better not!

Edited by Fitvip

19 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Yours is FWD right? My 216GT also same problem. The instant torque to the front wheels means u have to manage it so do be careful esp if u takeoff from standstill and need to do an immediate turn. 

• Praise 6

4 minutes ago, Spring said:

Yours is FWD right? My 216GT also same problem. The instant torque to the front wheels means u have to manage it so do be careful esp if u takeoff from standstill and need to do an immediate turn. 

Yup. The more I want to pick up and go the more stationed I becomed with the wheel spinning and making silly wheel spin noise. 

Sibei embarrassing..... 

• Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Yup. The more I want to pick up and go the more stationed I becomed with the wheel spinning and making silly wheel spin noise. 

Sibei embarrassing..... 

Electronic nanny don't cut in?

Twincharged
7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Electronic nanny don't cut in?

Usually Takes 1 sec. So still will have some spin

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Sibei embarrassing..... 

I know the feeling, my FWD hatch also same issue, sibei malu, have to moderate throttle properly and be careful most times, especially when trying to turn out of a junction

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

I know the feeling, my FWD hatch also same issue, sibei malu, have to moderate throttle properly and be careful most times, especially when trying to turn out of a junction

Change tyres 😁

32 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

Yours GTI?

I don’t have this issue le.
I always drag race when I am the 1st car at traffic light 

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Yours GTI?

I don’t have this issue le.
I always drag race when I am the 1st car at traffic light 

GTI poorer cousin haha, i have to be very careful with the throttle lo

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

GTI poorer cousin haha, i have to be very careful with the throttle lo

Save $$$ for Michelin PS4.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
14 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Sibei embarrassing..... 

Time to change to a better grip tyre. We don't need SUV tyre here.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:27 PM, Hamburger said:

Nice car, really like it almost bought but don’t want to wait so long for new so settle down for superb

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Yours not diesel right? My theory is that diesel cars with their high torque coupled with being FWD aggravates the spin (perhaps yours is high torque petrol car?) Going straight can be easily managed but like u say, turning out of a junction esp from standstill is tricky n has to be managed carefully.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5