Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

5 hours ago, Mustank said:

Because 身在曹營心在漢

want to pump Caltex but spc more Wallet friendly 
so hope spc can pressurize Caltex into reducing price 

Caltex should fight on how their petrol is a superior Quality petrol that is more than worth its price 

Caltex will say u buy spc no earn point

buy caltex earn linkpoints🤣

↡ Advertisement

hm Butt feel find Caltex 95 slightly better than  spc 98 and better than spc 95 😆, engine Revs smoother and  feels not so sluggish. Don’t like cow tax pricing though wish can be like spc price 😂.  This is after I pumped 2 -times Spc 98 then switch to caltex 95.

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I'm from the UK and would actually be happy with your fuel prices! We're about $2.25 over here (£1.30 GBP). And that's even with the UK having oilfields in its own waters. Our fuel is taxed really severely.

Admittedly, having USA fuel prices would be even better 🙂

Edited by davemakesstuff
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, davemakesstuff said:

I'm from the UK and would actually be happy with your fuel prices! We're about $2.25 over here (£1.30 GBP). And that's even with the UK having oilfields in its own waters. Our fuel is taxed really severely.

In the UK, you pay GBP25K for a brand new Corolla 1.8 hybrid with unlimited lifespan.
https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/corolla-saloon/features-and-specs

In Singapore, the Corolla 1.6 costs more than double at GBP60K, with a 10 year lifespan
https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=12618

Which would you prefer? 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Was at sinopec bukit timah earlier at late morning. The entire station was full and with a row of cars waiting behind each occupied pump. 

Noticed they are ushering the incoming cars to a queue so there's no backlog to the main Dunearn road which will slow traffic. Good move! 

• Shocked 1

56 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

Was at sinopec bukit timah earlier at late morning. The entire station was full and with a row of cars waiting behind each occupied pump. 

Noticed they are ushering the incoming cars to a queue so there's no backlog to the main Dunearn road which will slow traffic. Good move! 

To speed up the process, what you can do is to reverse into an occupied pump. 

While the car in front is making payment, you can simultaneously top up your tank. helps to speed things up and reduce the waiting time in the long queue.

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, davemakesstuff said:

Isn't 95ron more like 1.1x GBP now? That is the same price as sgp.

Let's not forget that sgp has a refinery right on the island.

15 hours ago, Dannnn said:

what will you guys do if the que is so long, but you only want go into the mart to buy stuff/pump air instead? 

Enter via the exit. 🤫

21 hours ago, Vinceng said:

In the UK, you pay GBP25K for a brand new Corolla 1.8 hybrid with unlimited lifespan.
https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/corolla-saloon/features-and-specs

In Singapore, the Corolla 1.6 costs more than double at GBP60K, with a 10 year lifespan
https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=12618

Which would you prefer? 😁

Ha! Definitely the 25k. Or, more accurately, definitely the unlimited lifespan. My Shogun is a 2005 model and cost me GBP1600.

• Praise 1

On 9/24/2020 at 8:17 PM, Dannnn said:

what will you guys do if the que is so long, but you only want go into the mart to buy stuff/pump air instead? 

Go the shell or Caltex nearby :grin:

↡ Advertisement