Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

23 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

95 petrol more than 2.50 per litre liao for some brands:/

2B6B0854-0F0C-476F-9271-5A10EED976B0.png

CCB HSK CCB PxP

Hope GE2020 is the last where we see HSK.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Brass said:

CCB HSK CCB PxP

Hope GE2020 is the last where we see HSK.

Bro:

Do you think that with Heng gone, PAP gone, petrol prices will drop?

Where will the new government get the money to subsidise your petrol bro?

If petrol drops to a buck, it may mean SG has become a backwater... or we have invaded Brunei and own their fast diminishing oilfields..

I don't enjoy paying for petrol, but someone has to pay for all those freebies / subsidies that we are getting... 

You may want to compare prices with countries that do Not produce oil and see how much they charge.. 

Edited by therock
  • Praise 7

(edited)
59 minutes ago, therock said:

Bro:

If petrol drops to a buck, it may mean SG has become a backwater... or we have invaded Brunei and own their fast diminishing oilfields..

I don't enjoy paying for petrol, but someone has to pay for all those freebies / subsidies that we are getting... 

You may want to compare prices with countries that do Not produce oil and see how much they charge.. 

That would make sense, except that our govt taxes our petrol. Compared to our neighboring country where petrol is subsidised.

Still think our govt is that great? Or does being taxed for what others are getting subsidised feel good for you? 😁 

Edited by tjyand

4 minutes ago, tjyand said:

That would make sense, except that our govt taxes our petrol. Compared to our neighboring country where petrol is subsidised.

Still think our govt is that great? Or does being taxed for what others are getting subsidised feel good for you? 😁 

Bro - we pay taxes because we demand many things that we take for granted.

And as I said - you cannot compare to a neighbouring country that produces oil. We don't.

By the way, this neighbouring country is also in fiscal trouble because of all the subsidies.. and can't get enough vaccines or tests, can't repair their roads

Every year the floods still kill people after 50 years.. there has been no improvement..

And they don't reward good talent. Instead they subsidise the entitled.. 

Now I have said, I don't enjoy paying high petrol prices, but you may wish to check what we pay versus another nation which does not produce petrol. And also consider really hard, if the current government is replaced, will the incoming one give you cheap petrol? 

• Praise 5

5 minutes ago, therock said:

Bro - we pay taxes because we demand many things that we take for granted.

And as I said - you cannot compare to a neighbouring country that produces oil. We don't.

By the way, this neighbouring country is also in fiscal trouble because of all the subsidies.. and can't get enough vaccines or tests, can't repair their roads

Every year the floods still kill people after 50 years.. there has been no improvement..

And they don't reward good talent. Instead they subsidise the entitled.. 

Now I have said, I don't enjoy paying high petrol prices, but you may wish to check what we pay versus another nation which does not produce petrol. And also consider really hard, if the current government is replaced, will the incoming one give you cheap petrol? 

That's all very well and good, you may also wish to consider having to work a whole life for a 99yr lease on a space in the sky, a 10 Yr coe, paying 10c per litre, all the while paying for million dollar salaries. 

Other nations that don't produce petrol do not levy 100% taxes on car OMVs and charge high 5 digit amounts for certificates to buy cars. 

But hey, some are gluttons for punishment.. 

18 minutes ago, tjyand said:

That's all very well and good, you may also wish to consider having to work a whole life for a 99yr lease on a space in the sky, a 10 Yr coe, paying 10c per litre, all the while paying for million dollar salaries. 

Other nations that don't produce petrol do not levy 100% taxes on car OMVs and charge high 5 digit amounts for certificates to buy cars. 

But hey, some are gluttons for punishment.. 

Yep, there are many downsides, and you can certainly complain about them, or be grateful that the lease isn't 66 yrs. That a car park cost more than a condo...

Oh yes, I do think the salaries are high, but I also see officials taking bribes elsewhere, so where my lenses focus on are obviously different from yours...

Half empty, half full, you decide bro.. you can consider yourself a glutton or a grateful soul.. many ways to look at things.

And do send feedback to the government, keep them on their toes. Don't just unleash on a forum which has no consequence, join up, sign up and make a difference 👍

• Praise 4

(edited)
10 minutes ago, therock said:

Yep, there are many downsides, and you can certainly complain about them, or be grateful that the lease isn't 66 yrs. That a car park cost more than a condo...

Oh yes, I do think the salaries are high, but I also see officials taking bribes elsewhere, so where my lenses focus on are obviously different from yours...

Half empty, half full, you decide bro.. you can consider yourself a glutton or a grateful soul.. many ways to look at things.

And do send feedback to the government, keep them on their toes. Don't just unleash on a forum which has no consequence, join up, sign up and make a difference 👍

By the same token, you can also air your views at places other than here, which in your words is 'a forum which has no consequence`

Must say that's not a very appreciative way to support our seniors here who come up with money and work hard to keep this forum running, by labeling this place as a' forum which has no consequence' 😔

Edited by tjyand

2 hours ago, therock said:

Bro:

Too low of fuel price it mean economic not doing well like mid of last year.

My bunkering from 1st of June till today I am paying an extra $1k more for same amount of fuel. 😓

• Praise 3

21 minutes ago, tjyand said:

By the same token, you can also air your views at places other than here, which in your words is 'a forum which has no consequence`

Must say that's not a very appreciative way to support our seniors here who come up with money and work hard to keep this forum running, by labeling this place as a' forum which has no consequence' 😔

Now you’re putting words in my mouth 

no one here is not appreciative of the forum. I’ll leave it to other bros to make their own judgement 

I’ve traveled quite a bit and it’s actually made me more grateful for what we have. We aren’t perfect and there is much room for improvement but you should decide what you want to compare with. And picking the best of many worlds isn’t really possible in the real world. We can aspire to it but it doesn’t always work

i wish we had the climate of summer in Copenhagen, the size and natural attractions of California, the resource of Alaska and .. well we don’t. 

It’s like TV buyers who complain that our prices are high but don’t say anything about the fact that other hifi items are far cheaper locally. 

Anyway to each his own 👍 

• Praise 7

34 minutes ago, therock said:

no one here is not appreciative of the forum. I’ll leave it to other bros to make their own judgement 

I’ve traveled quite a bit and it’s actually made me more grateful for what we have. We aren’t perfect and there is much room for improvement but you should decide what you want to compare with. And picking the best of many worlds isn’t really possible in the real world. We can aspire to it but it doesn’t always work

i wish we had the climate of summer in Copenhagen, the size and natural attractions of California, the resource of Alaska and .. well we don’t. 

It’s like TV buyers who complain that our prices are high but don’t say anything about the fact that other hifi items are far cheaper locally. 

Anyway to each his own 👍 

I cited exactly what you said, a forum which is of no consequence'. I'm not sure what other meaning can be ascribed to that. 

I don't have as many aspirations as you-just not having to be taxed for things that are subsidised in other countries, not having to fork out the highest amount in the world for car ownership, not having to support the highest ministerial salaries in the world, can already. 

On a risk benefit analysis-you pay the highest ministerial salaries around, can you say you have the best govt? The best run country? You pay the highest cost of car ownership, do you have the best roads and driving experience around? 

It's unlikely we will ever see eye to eye on this so let's leave it at that. Like you said, to each his own👍🏻

36 minutes ago, therock said:

Anyway to each his own 👍 

Grass is always greener on the other side and I agree with u that sometimes we have to look out to know how much less green the other side can be too. 

I'm thankful that I don't have a lot but yet, have a lot to be thankful.

I'm sorry if my children will find that not everything will work in their favour and I will explain that sometimes u have to lose a bit for others to gain a bit. N maybe that's how taxes work.

My grandparents had cursed and swore when they were alive on how they had to pay taxes and I wish I had the chance to tell them that it wasn't for nothing. I will tell my children that I'm paying my gst, road tax, income tax, property tax, petrol tax without the vengeance that my grandparents had as I know someday, the dollar I've put in may make their world a better one. I know I'm paying more tax for my petrol today and someone may even call me a glutton of punishment, but I will take the punishment for those who come after me.

Politics aside, I know it's hard to put this aside, but taxes do help to equalise the income disparity as the well-heeled tend to pay more in absolute terms. 

That said, I'm not happy that petrol companies are ripping us off and taking advantage of the tax increase. That's a different story and I insist on pumping spc.

• Praise 9

Hypersonic
9 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Grass is always greener on the other side and I agree with u that sometimes we have to look out to know how much less green the other side can be too. 

I'm thankful that I don't have a lot but yet, have a lot to be thankful.

I'm sorry if my children will find that not everything will work in their favour and I will explain that sometimes u have to lose a bit for others to gain a bit. N maybe that's how taxes work.

My grandparents had cursed and swore when they were alive on how they had to pay taxes and I wish I had the chance to tell them that it wasn't for nothing. I will tell my children that I'm paying my gst, road tax, income tax, property tax, petrol tax without the vengeance that my grandparents had as I know someday, the dollar I've put in may make their world a better one. I know I'm paying more tax for my petrol today and someone may even call me a glutton of punishment, but I will take the punishment for those who come after me.

Politics aside, I know it's hard to put this aside, but taxes do help to equalise the income disparity as the well-heeled tend to pay more in absolute terms. 

That said, I'm not happy that petrol companies are ripping us off and taking advantage of the tax increase. That's a different story and I insist on pumping spc.

That’s enough liao.

At least you support the company that bother to differentiate their pricing from others. Me and a few others here too.

Some don’t want support never mind, still keep saying SPC fuel no good, no power, poor FC. 

• Praise 5

12 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

That’s enough liao.

At least you support the company that bother to differentiate their pricing from others. Me and a few others here too.

Some don’t want support never mind, still keep saying SPC fuel no good, no power, poor FC. 

yeah, I passed SPC vouchers to my friend last time.

then one day he comprain to me his mechanic say spark plug dirty cos of SPC.

now I pass my spare SPC vouchers to other ppl. so I dont have to listen to this type of complain.

no issues with ppl complaining that SPC no good, cos means fewerr ppl when we go lor. [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

Hypersonic
15 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Heng got oem :XD:

let all these rich people drive their rich big cars support petrol kiosk :XD:

Na bei...<_<

You pray your Musso never have to scrap. ..haha.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
20 minutes ago, Blueray said:

yeah, I passed SPC vouchers to my friend last time.

then one day he comprain to me his mechanic say spark plug dirty cos of SPC.

now I pass my spare SPC vouchers to other ppl. so I dont have to listen to this type of complain.

no issues with ppl complaining that SPC no good, cos means fewerr ppl when we go lor. [laugh]

Ya lor, don't bother.

Sometimes want to help people, never say thank you still turn around implying you sabo him.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Agreed... no queue at SPC despite cheapest in Sg is worth all the dissing 🤣

To be fair I dont even blame the gahmen for taxing petrol... we dont pay much income tax, but car is the most heavily taxed thing in the world... I would still rather pay car taxes than 30-40% income tax. But I blame them for not investigating collusion and monitoring pricing more in petrol industry... can easily see that fuel went up by much more than the 10c per litre even with concurrent rise in crude price (which again they bury their head in sand when ppl ask them about this)

Edited by yishunite
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7