Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

no point pointing at robbers for their action or their greed.

Ask rather who is doing the policing work and allow them to perpetuate their actions.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

no point pointing at robbers for their action or their greed.

Ask rather who is doing the policing work and allow them to perpetuate their actions.

The one doing the policing further add to the woes by adding $0.66 per L.

They are still ‘watching’ too.

• Angry 1

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

We need to go green man. Pump vegetable oil.

vegetable oil also not cheap hor. 

Olive oil is $20 for 2L. Normal vege oil also $10 for 3L.

More expensive than 95. 😁

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Wah....... U no see me down liddat lah :a-fun:...... OK lah back to wiping tables  :a-m1524:  

But when you are free pls come to Brunei n see my RR there ( Sultan gib me FOC tip for wiping his tables there) n fuel at $0.53 /litre 🤣🤣…… 

Hmm looks like must make more cross border trips to our neighbors up north for fuel run… officially with “3/4 tank “. But but think they quite strict with checking for 3/4 tank rule. 😶

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

The one doing the policing further add to the woes by adding $0.66 per L.

They are still ‘watching’ too.

The 66 cents/litre is paying them to keep watch.🤬😜

Pumped this morning at 3.23 dollars。 knn also no use.

• Sad 1

I wonder at what point will the fuel price actually affect economy.

Example.  Fuel price increase delivery costs - less people order delivery.

With increase in fuel costs, people go out less.  So normally a person spends let's say $50 on fuel but he jalan jalan and spends another $50.  Total $100.

Now he spends $80 on fuel but because fuel is expensive, he don't jalan so total spending is $80.

Eventually, govt revenue from GST receipts and businesses will fall.  Its just a matter of balancing.  At what fuel cost will motorist pay and yet not really impact the jalan jalan.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I wonder at what point will the fuel price actually affect economy.

Example.  Fuel price increase delivery costs - less people order delivery.

With increase in fuel costs, people go out less.  So normally a person spends let's say $50 on fuel but he jalan jalan and spends another $50.  Total $100.

Now he spends $80 on fuel but because fuel is expensive, he don't jalan so total spending is $80.

Eventually, govt revenue from GST receipts and businesses will fall.  Its just a matter of balancing.  At what fuel cost will motorist pay and yet not really impact the jalan jalan.

No need to wonder.

They probably have got no idea.

My scholar recommendation is that if economy seems affected, let's raise GST and other tax to help the poor and mend the budget hole 🙂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

China quietly increases purchases of low-priced Russian oil

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business/china-quietly-increases-purchases-low-priced-russian-oil-2695526

SINGAPORE : China is quietly ramping up purchases of oil from Russia at bargain prices, according to shipping data and oil traders who spoke to Reuters, filling the vacuum left by Western buyers backing away from business with Russia after its invasion of Ukraine in February.

This sucks. While we are paying high price for oil China pay peanuts. Then fxxking Poop-tin will have more money to fund his special pooping war.

• Haha! 2

20 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

China quietly increases purchases of low-priced Russian oil

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business/china-quietly-increases-purchases-low-priced-russian-oil-2695526

SINGAPORE : China is quietly ramping up purchases of oil from Russia at bargain prices, according to shipping data and oil traders who spoke to Reuters, filling the vacuum left by Western buyers backing away from business with Russia after its invasion of Ukraine in February.

This sucks. While we are paying high price for oil China pay peanuts. Then fxxking Poop-tin will have more money to fund his special pooping war.

Good what

If China and India never buy from Russia. They buy from authorized dealer, oil price $180 loh

• Haha! 5

That's the thing that peasants will never think about.

Same number of producers. Same number of consumers.

How come oil price up leh? 

Worst is...oil only up $20 vs. before war, but pump price up 50cents already. Means har, if oil drop back to $20 a barrel, actually petrol is free. No profiteering. 🙂

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

As long as people keep supporting Shell like my dumb friend, they have no qualms about increasing the price  just to see what’s the tolerance level of consumers. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 3

let them raise it to $10/L, fuel tax, GST tax on fuel tax, wow! such a caring government! 

Uniquely Singapore

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

As long as people keep supporting Shell like my dumb friend, they have no qualms about increasing the price  just to see what’s the tolerance level of consumers. 

old habits die hard

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, 107fan said:

old habits die hard

I've not pumped shell for years but I do have friends who do as they use the corporate cards. I guess that makes up quite a bit part of their pie.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Govt is watching. As long as peasants don't complain, they will also soon use inflation/no subsidy/global warming/ otters to raise petrol tax again. If people willing to pay, why stop them, right? 100k coe,  high petrol tax, increase erp... all normal. Truly frogs in boiling water.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Govt is watching. As long as peasants don't complain, they will also soon use inflation/no subsidy/global warming/ otters to raise petrol tax again. If people willing to pay, why stop them, right? 100k coe,  high petrol tax, increase erp... all normal. Truly frogs in boiling water.

some more corner u with no choices

petrol taxes, allow cartel to rise prices to similar levels, 3/4 restriction for going JB to pump

LL for local drivers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1