Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

3 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Like a prata chao tar on both sides and flip around to see which side is more presentable and serve to customers...something along that line.

So I was thinking that if our govt last time said they could not reduce fuel taxes as this is tantamount to subsidies, but that doesn't hold water; so they can said that it's form of indirect subsidies.

Maybe my comparison is not accurate.😄 My head inside a bit messy.😁

So pardon me if the juxtaposition is wrong.😁 

You are right to say it is flip prata.

Both tax break as well as giving money is subsidy.

If understand MOF mindset, they will give tax break.

On the other hand, MOF rather give money (if there are more revenue than budget).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
37 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

You are right to say it is flip prata.

Both tax break as well as giving money is subsidy.

If understand MOF mindset, they will give tax break.

On the other hand, MOF rather give money (if there are more revenue than budget).

Any way, I feel that Singapore motorists, or more vehicle owners, are one of the most heavily hammered in the world. Monetarily speaking. 

6 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Any way, I feel that Singapore motorists, or more vehicle owners, are one of the most heavily hammered in the world. Monetarily speaking. 

Bro if one day, you feel that you need to sell that car and take the bus, then someone in the government would have met his or her KPI.. sorry man 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Ms Low said the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) is monitoring the market closely and will not hesitate to investigate retail operators for anti-competitive behaviour.

🤣🤣🤣

Still monitoring.

No more this sentence of ‘Reducing fuel tax is equivalent to a subsidy’ ah? 

Reduce fuel tax is one been able to keep the money one has while a subsidy is money from the govt. Wonder which economics school LW from?

tbh, i rather they shut the fup than repeating the same "still monitoring (even at $10)" bulls**t again and again 😪

really make people dulan 

😁

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

definitely... 

need to pay way extra for a piece of entitlement paper, and it lasts only for 10 years!

not to mention the extra daily payments in ERPs

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
27 minutes ago, Scion said:

definitely... 

need to pay way extra for a piece of entitlement paper, and it lasts only for 10 years!

not to mention the extra daily payments in ERPs

Don’t even have a piece of paper nowadays unless you print it yourself! 🤣

Next time someone flash a $10000 note in front of you and haolian, you flash your $100000 piece of COE paper and throw at him then ask him keep the change. 🤣

• Haha! 4

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/govt-wont-cap-fuel-prices-as-it-distorts-market-will-consider-other-ways-to-ease-cost-pressures

I agree that lowering the fuel price only benefits the minority of population who are car owners.

However for someone from Ministry of Trade and Industry to make that statement makes one feel very disappointed.

How does SG get it's food, daily essentials, retail products,  construction materials, construction workers, factory workers around SG?

By rickshaw pullers?

Not by truck, vans, lorries and buses? 

Diesel price also very high now, so the logistical and transportation cost will surely increase.

This translate to increase of price to general consumers. In fact to everyone. 

How can one say the reining the fuel price benefit the minority? 

Or only people from Ministry of transport understand that our essential supplies need trucks for delivery?🤦😅

So MTI rather pass the baton to MOF to provide assistance to lower income family?

Than to create modulated environment on cartel behaviour?

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 2

(edited)

Prices reduced, 1st Esso @ 4/7, then Sinopec @ 5/7....ron95 is now 3.31. Hopefully others will follow soon...

Edited by Philiptan86
  • Praise 1

13 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Ms Low said the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) is monitoring the market closely and will not hesitate to investigate retail operators for anti-competitive behaviour.

🤣🤣🤣

Still monitoring.

No more this sentence of ‘Reducing fuel tax is equivalent to a subsidy’ ah? 

Reduce fuel tax is one been able to keep the money one has while a subsidy is money from the govt. Wonder which economics school LW from?

It's like local gangster reduce protection money for the shops they also claim they are subsidising the shops lor..... 

It became their entitlement long ago. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/govt-wont-cap-fuel-prices-as-it-distorts-market-will-consider-other-ways-to-ease-cost-pressures

I agree that lowering the fuel price only benefits the minority of population who are car owners.

However for someone from Ministry of Trade and Industry to make that statement makes one feel very disappointed.

How does SG get it's food, daily essentials, retail products,  construction materials, construction workers, factory workers around SG?

By rickshaw pullers?

Diesel price also very high now, so the logistical and transportation cost will surely increase.

Or only people from Ministry of transport understand that our essential supplies need trucks for delivery?🤦😅

So MTI rather pass the baton to MOF to provide assistance to lower income family?

Even the new Nissan commercial vehicles sold nowadays all come with petrol engine. I guess Tan Chong bring them In because govt want cleaner emission vehicles.

https://www.nissan.com.sg/vehicles/commercial-vehicles.html

Companies use these for transportation of goods, etc.

They not subjected to petrol tax ah? 🙄

Wonder what they thinking. 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

It's like local gangster reduce protection money for the shops they also claim they are subsidising the shops lor..... 

It became their entitlement long ago. 

Good simple analogy. 😁

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Atonchia said:

By rickshaw pullers?

don't forget the PHVs....fuel prices goes up will only trickle down to passengers.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
(edited)
3 hours ago, Scion said:

tbh, i rather they shut the fup than repeating the same "still monitoring (even at $10)" bulls**t again and again 😪

really make people dulan 

😁

Someone higher up in the food chain: "Ms. Low, don't worry. Just go ahead and say you're monitoring this fuel situation in the parliament. People are forgetful. They'll not remember this come erection time."    😁

Edited by Didu
  • Haha! 3

20 minutes ago, Didu said:

Someone higher up in the food chain: "Ms. Low, don't worry. Just go ahead and say you're monitoring this fuel situation in the parliament. People are forgetful. They'll not remember this come erection time."    😁

They probably have a template for this... just change the date can already.😁

• Haha! 4

2 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

That is what people say chue gong LP song.

Govt just responding ppl call (to reduce petrol tax) only.  

↡ Advertisement