Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

5 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Ask them jiak sai but I don’t blame them when sinkies still support. One of my friend is like that.

Your this friend also got the same "brand loyalty" to something else right? Can't seem to recall off my mind suddenly 😄

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

No problem bro, to each his own.

But if I tell you SPC can get 25% discount with 6% POSB everyday card rebate, would you pump? Total 29.5% discount.

If no, then you are loyal to the brand Shell not because of the credit card discount. 😁

My friend is like that.

Seem enticing. Not sure if the 29.5% discount also have points to earn for exchange for fuel? That will be almost the same as cashback i guess. 

RON98 at see hum or spc is the same for me... Only difference I guess is SPC stations has never been conveniently located to where I work or live for the longest time. I think see hum has the largest network of stations. Travelling just to get to a SPC station will need to factor in opportunity cost and more fuel burnt... Lol

You can see it as justification from a loyalist bah... :D

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, 107fan said:

Your this friend also got the same "brand loyalty" to something else right? Can't seem to recall off my mind suddenly 😄

Haha…Shell.

Who give me voucher i go their station. That's all.

I think other than Sinopec, the rest of the brands are almost everywhere. So simi near home near office doesn't applied to me, sure will drive pass.

Now is Esso for me. PHV 22% + (2x $3 off $50 = 6%) + DBS ($8 off $180 per month)  + Smile pts

• Praise 3

Location of Stations

This is a very important parameter for customers and it is definitely worth considering. When you are thinking of which company to pitch your tent, you should consider the proximity of their stations to your location. This is important because you definitely would want to save some fuel and money in between traveling down to the petrol station to refill, you want to make sure you get the best petrol price and get as good a discount as you can get from using your credit card while not wasting all the discounts on going to and fro the gas station. So it is important to get everything that you want in a filling station that is conveniently close to you as much as possible.

This will be more effective for you when you have the same oil company's fuel station close to both your home and your office, or any other places around Singapore that you often visit frequently, as much as weekly.

Of all the four companies mentioned above, Shell has the highest number of petrol stations that are present in Singapore. They have a total of 57 stations all over Singapore. The company that comes closest to them in total number of stations is the SPC, with a total number of 40 has stations in Singapore. ESSO comes next on this list with their total number of gas stations being in 35 different locations around Singapore. The company that has the least number of fuel stations is Caltex, having just 26 stations in Singapore. The company that is most likely to be closer to your locations, both home and work and other places you visit frequently would be Shell due to their pronounced presence in Singapore with 57 stations. Caltex is not likely to be present everywhere you go except due to some cheer luck. It, however, seems like Caltex are not intimidated by their relatively inferior presence, offering prices similar to the others.

https://www.sgpetrolstations.com/

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Location of Stations

This is a very important parameter for customers and it is definitely worth considering. When you are thinking of which company to pitch your tent, you should consider the proximity of their stations to your location. This is important because you definitely would want to save some fuel and money in between traveling down to the petrol station to refill, you want to make sure you get the best petrol price and get as good a discount as you can get from using your credit card while not wasting all the discounts on going to and fro the gas station. So it is important to get everything that you want in a filling station that is conveniently close to you as much as possible.

This will be more effective for you when you have the same oil company's fuel station close to both your home and your office, or any other places around Singapore that you often visit frequently, as much as weekly.

Of all the four companies mentioned above, Shell has the highest number of petrol stations that are present in Singapore. They have a total of 57 stations all over Singapore. The company that comes closest to them in total number of stations is the SPC, with a total number of 40 has stations in Singapore. ESSO comes next on this list with their total number of gas stations being in 35 different locations around Singapore. The company that has the least number of fuel stations is Caltex, having just 26 stations in Singapore. The company that is most likely to be closer to your locations, both home and work and other places you visit frequently would be Shell due to their pronounced presence in Singapore with 57 stations. Caltex is not likely to be present everywhere you go except due to some cheer luck. It, however, seems like Caltex are not intimidated by their relatively inferior presence, offering prices similar to the others.

Proximity and the queue are the factors for me..

Honestly full tank difference maybe just $10.. if this is a concern then i guess car ownership is not for me..

• Praise 1

All the loyalty cards for all the stations, even Sinopec I have

Whoever give me most petrol for my money gets my business

I guess it’s nice I have all the brands represented on my commute route

But somehow it’s been SPC for over ten years - except for a few times when Esso doles out coupons or when my Shell points were about to expire.

I only loyalist to my money

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Macrosszero said:

All the loyalty cards for all the stations, even Sinopec I have

Whoever give me most petrol for my money gets my business

I guess it’s nice I have all the brands represented on my commute route

But somehow it’s been SPC for over ten years - except for a few times when Esso doles out coupons or when my Shell points were about to expire.

I only loyalist to my money

Yep, loyal only to Yusof Ishak. 😁

• Haha! 6

If I remember correctly, I have >20000 points in my Shell card.....every time CNY comes, the kiosk cashier always ask me to change for abalone or mooncake festival come ask me to change for mooncake...every time I just smile and reject...

I prefer to change it for for direct fuel discount but usually I am fast in fast out at petrol kiosk, did not have the time to go find out how much I can change with the points. :D

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
16 hours ago, Vratenza said:

If I remember correctly, I have >20000 points in my Shell card.....every time CNY comes, the kiosk cashier always ask me to change for abalone or mooncake festival come ask me to change for mooncake...every time I just smile and reject...

I prefer to change it for for direct fuel discount but usually I am fast in fast out at petrol kiosk, did not have the time to go find out how much I can change with the points. :D

Better change it. Else one day they might be like what the airlines do and change the points redemption. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
On 8/5/2022 at 10:34 PM, Vratenza said:

Location of Stations

It is well known that Esso have the highest number of stations and leads by a long way.

What weed is this author smoking?

• Haha! 2

52 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

It is well known that Esso have the highest number of stations and leads by a long way.

What weed is this author smoking?

I think shell and esso neck to neck currently at about 60 each. 

The point is the proximity to the stations (indirectly a result of high number of stations) as well as the creditcard discounts goes into deciding which petrol brand works for anyone. 

Who doesn't like money? Not going for the cheapest petrol brand is not as simplistic as some people are just blindly royal to a brand. Ron98 is ron 98 whether it is from shell or spc.

Car is a luxury and for some, it is both a form of transport, convenience as well as an enjoyment (for those who love to drive a well designed and built car). If one has to go out of his way to reach a cheaper by few dollars station to fill up his car, the opportunity cost and fuel spent cannot be easily quantified. 

Edited by Vratenza

1 hour ago, Vratenza said:

I think shell and esso neck to neck currently at about 60 each. 

The point is the proximity to the stations (indirectly a result of high number of stations) as well as the creditcard discounts goes into deciding which petrol brand works for anyone. 

Who doesn't like money? Not going for the cheapest petrol brand is not as simplistic as some people are just blindly royal to a brand. Ron98 is ron 98 whether it is from shell or spc.

Car is a luxury and for some, it is both a form of transport, convenience as well as an enjoyment (for those who love to drive a well designed and built car). If one has to go out of his way to reach a cheaper by few dollars station to fill up his car, the opportunity cost and fuel spent cannot be easily quantified. 

Just want to correct you on this. A lot doesn’t think this way unfortunately.

SPC petrol….no power, poor FC and spoil the engine(?) 🤣

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Just want to correct you on this. A lot doesn’t think this way unfortunately.

SPC petrol….no power, poor FC and spoil the engine(?) 🤣

With Esso having the same overall discount as spc these few weeks. I have been switching back and forth. I can distinctly feel that the engine is more eager with Esso 98 vs SPC 98. But in the end for me it’s always price. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

With Esso having the same overall discount as spc these few weeks. I have been switching back and forth. I can distinctly feel that the engine is more eager with Esso 98 vs SPC 98. But in the end for me it’s always price. 

For me I feel the SPC 95 seem to feel less power than Sinopec 95 and Esso 95...

So even tho SPC is nearest to me and has the best discount, I don't mind paying a bit more and driving a little further for Esso...

Edited by yellowshaun
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
4 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

For me I feel the SPC 95 seem to feel less power than Sinopec 95 and Esso 95...

So even tho SPC is nearest to me and has the best discount, I don't mind paying a bit more and driving a little further for Esso...

I must qualify that it makes a diff cause mine is a 1.6NA. When I had my old merc, couldn’t feel a difference with petrol or Aircon on or off. All I knew was the petrol disappeared very fast. 

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

I must qualify that it makes a diff cause mine is a 1.6NA. When I had my old merc, couldn’t feel a difference with petrol or Aircon on or off. All I knew was the petrol disappeared very fast. 

No difference for me because Attrage no power all along. 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3