Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

18 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Lose each GRC = 10 cents drop in petrol duties I think.....

I was one of the first to sign up with starhub because they gave incoming free and I saved a lot of money.

But when they first started they did not have enough cell towers. So after a while the call get cut off but so many people signed up with them the other two slow laggards also reluctantly gave incoming free.

Support the underdog that give the better deal and force the big boys to follow.

:grin::grin::grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic

the trouble with this ev push excuse, infrastructure ready notwithstanding, is that it gives ah gong a blank cheque to up the petrol tax as and when they want

😰

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Lose each GRC = 10 cents drop in petrol duties I think.....

that would be a good carrot.....closer to erection....sorry election i mean... up the carrot price to 20 cents...[laugh]

• Haha! 1

44 minutes ago, Enye said:

the trouble with this ev push excuse, infrastructure ready notwithstanding, is that it gives ah gong a blank cheque to up WHATEVER together with the petrol tax as and when they want

😰

I corrected for u...[laugh]

Edited by Spidey10

15 hours ago, Brass said:

We cannot make judgements but still public opinion, as you say is, and should be the critical part of the equation.

However, the government chooses to be inherently blind to the poor state of electric charging infrastructure before attempting to shift people to electric cars.

This, to me is like getting people to move into their BTOs without connected water, gas and electric supply, and certainly without paint and windows.

I, now fear government policy as a result of their haste and am holding onto my ICE for now until 2040 unless they have sorted out the kinks.

I rather sell my car if the government and sell my car if the government tries to outprice me of the market. Many around me have done so.

But if the government attempts to do so, I and most of us will not forget this, I suppose.

But if I were to buy a car now, hybrid is the best bet.

It is not different from the rationale for opening Woodleigh MRT.

Woodleigh MRT was build but not opened until surrounding HDB/Condo are filled.

1 hour ago, Enye said:

the trouble with this ev push excuse, infrastructure ready notwithstanding, is that it gives ah gong a blank cheque to up the petrol tax as and when they want

😰

Ah Gong likes to screw motorist mah.

4 hours ago, Enye said:

😰

It is about taxes not anything else

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, mikk123 said:

Last year gave out too much cash, now is time to take it back....in double. Does any doubt the phase 'there is no free lunch in this world'. 

Then makes you ask the question why every gahmen benefit given out to us citizens must be collected back...

if this is the case then please dun gimme all these cash angpows in the first place when I know it is merely an excuse to escalate higher permanent tax structures for the rest of my life..please please dun gibe me...I rather not take..

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Then makes you ask the question why every gahmen benefit given out to us citizens must be collected back...

if this is the case then please dun gimme all these cash angpows in the first place when I know it is merely an excuse to escalate higher permanent tax structures for the rest of my life..please please dun gibe me...I rather not take..

Govt pocket how deep no one know... if don collect back when next crisis happen we be in a worse position. not that i happily giving back lah! 🤣

To some when in need, the money can tide them over..

Just like I used to hear that loan shark often lurk around hospital mortuary as there be needy to take loan from them to do the last rite. Go to bank they will never loan for such matter.. so with the money they can do the last deed for their love one and pay the shark back heavily.. no doubt the interest damn high BUT if we are in those position do we have other option? not all as fortunate..

Everyone have their up and down.. when up remember those who helps.. when down hope those up help.. 

• Praise 4

11 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Bro

count yourself lucky that you get these benefits...

others may not get any

we want all kinds of benefits so someone has to pay

just look at the tax rates in 🇬🇧 and 🇦🇺... 

• Praise 2

Where is the chop didi guy when we need him? 

If G dont lose GE2025, he chop didi.

Anyways, G is very unlikely to lose GE2025, but HSK might no longer be in parliament if Nicole Seah continues her offensive (their team too)

CCS for PM!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

22 minutes ago, Brass said:

Where is the chop didi guy when we need him? 

If G dont lose GE2025, he chop didi.

Anyways, G is very unlikely to lose GE2025, but HSK might no longer be in parliament if Nicole Seah continues her offensive (their team too)

CCS for PM!

Mai la.

I rather Lawrence or OYK.

CCS siah sui le

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 3

36 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Mai la.

I rather Lawrence or OYK.

CCS siah sui le

No Lawrence please, OYK for the win.

As a resident Lawrence doesnt care that much for us as residents, though he is not the worse.

But CCS because he is DPM and Tanjong Pagar is relatively safe.

• Haha! 1