Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

15 minutes ago, Kopites said:

One month ago already stated upward curve.😓

lucky one month coincide with HA use car much less 😄😄😄

↡ Advertisement

10 hours ago, Hosaybo said:

Last time people kpkb that petrol cartel syn their price. Now got price differentiation still kpkb. I guess the reason is just because SG petrol price is #@"$%&🤬 expensive

i think uk one more ex. but yea.. now is see which major can carrot sg more

1 hour ago, Mooose said:

lucky one month coincide with HA use car much less 😄😄😄

I cant share the price but can see the movement trend curving upward for weeks. 😓

• Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Kopites said:

I cant share the price but can see the movement trend curving upward for weeks. 😓

haha not to worry, no matter what the price, when its time to fill up we have to fill up anyway 😂😂

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

47 minutes ago, Mooose said:

haha not to worry, no matter what the price, when its time to fill up we have to fill up anyway 😂😂

I only hope I have time to pump esso once (or more) before they raise prices to follow the rest 😬

1 hour ago, tjyand said:

I only hope I have time to pump esso once (or more) before they raise prices to follow the rest 😬

haha the dilemma is always this - when one uses brand B and brand A raises prices, one will wonder if one should rush to the brand B station to fill up before they raise prices .. then looking at the fuel gauge one decides that can only fill in $XX and even with the raised price of Yc per litre would only "save" a dollar plus - not worth the time and effort (not to mention the additional petrol costs to go specially to the station) .. anyway as always one will think that they wont will raise prices so fast .. if no other brand raises prices then brand A may well have to lower the prices again .. has happened before will happen again!

then if the reckoning is incorrect one will end up paying the extra dollar plus more to fill up, then one will feel annoyed ..

i know because i have been in this position hahaha ..

best is need to fill, convenient to fill, just fill .. no need think so much ..

driving the car is for enjoyment, not for anxiety and annoyance .. 

• Praise 3

42 minutes ago, Mooose said:

haha the dilemma is always this - when one uses brand B and brand A raises prices, one will wonder if one should rush to the brand B station to fill up before they raise prices .. then looking at the fuel gauge one decides that can only fill in $XX and even with the raised price of Yc per litre would only "save" a dollar plus - not worth the time and effort (not to mention the additional petrol costs to go specially to the station) .. anyway as always one will think that they wont will raise prices so fast .. if no other brand raises prices then brand A may well have to lower the prices again .. has happened before will happen again!

then if the reckoning is incorrect one will end up paying the extra dollar plus more to fill up, then one will feel annoyed ..

i know because i have been in this position hahaha ..

best is need to fill, convenient to fill, just fill .. no need think so much ..

driving the car is for enjoyment, not for anxiety and annoyance .. 

Too bad this constant anxiety and annoyance is unavoidable thanks to a combination of petrol price gouging, increased fuel taxes, inconsiderate and unsafe drivers, people Scratching and dinging car doors, the list goes on 😂

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, tjyand said:

Too bad this constant anxiety and annoyance is unavoidable thanks to a combination of petrol price gouging, increased fuel taxes, inconsiderate and unsafe drivers, people Scratching and dinging car doors, the list goes on 😂

hahaha .. uniquely singapore!

I still havent top up my car this month lol... i would consider selling but after sch holidays end sibei mafan fetching kids to/from school

Twincharged
16 minutes ago, yishunite said:

I still havent top up my car this month lol... i would consider selling but after sch holidays end sibei mafan fetching kids to/from school

Keep the car la. Unless your lifestyle changes are drastic enough to warrant without it. Or you prefer to spend the money saved elsewhere. 
If can afford, then drive. I would think everyone here is somewhat a car nut. What’s life if you don’t have some pleasures in life. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Keep the car la. Unless your lifestyle changes are drastic enough to warrant without it. Or you prefer to spend the money saved elsewhere. 
If can afford, then drive. I would think everyone here is somewhat a car nut. What’s life if you don’t have some pleasures in life. 

have to agree with you .. more than some here in a car forum would look at a car as more than a mere transportation tool .. i always think a car is for driving, whether i am going anywhere in particular or no where in particular ..

a drive is to be enjoyed .. its the journey and not the destination or something like that ..

• Praise 2

14 hours ago, lexiton said:

now best to sell car petrol keep increase

take grab is much cheaper

if you count the cost as mere transportation tool, certainly taking grab is cheaper ..

its even cheaper taking buses and trains .. i do too where i just need transportation to a certain destination and dont want to bother with parking ..

but i also drive without a destination in mind, to no where in particular when i feel like it, just to enjoy the drive .. 

life is short .. enjoy!

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Mooose said:

if you count the cost as mere transportation tool, certainly taking grab is cheaper ..

its even cheaper taking buses and trains .. i do too where i just need transportation to a certain destination and dont want to bother with parking ..

but i also drive without a destination in mind, to no where in particular when i feel like it, just to enjoy the drive .. 

life is short .. enjoy!

tbh this covid 19 situation is not helping cus being stuck in sg with so scarce roads and many cameras is too boring

have to wait till border open which I have no idea when 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, lexiton said:

tbh this covid 19 situation is not helping cus being stuck in sg with so scarce roads and many cameras is too boring

have to wait till border open which I have no idea when 

hmm .. you probably have a different mind set from me .. 

sure, some people enjoy driving by the speed they can achieve, but then you can also enjoy driving where it is not the speed you can travel ..

you will be surprised how much road there is outside the usual areas people go to .. 

how to say .. some people can enjoy driving like those old hollywood movies - wind down the window and rest your arm on the window sill ..

😊

Edited by Mooose
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

46 minutes ago, Mooose said:

hmm .. you probably have a different mind set from me .. 

sure, some people enjoy driving by the speed they can achieve, but then you can also enjoy driving where it is not the speed you can travel ..

you will be surprised how much road there is outside the usual areas people go to .. 

how to say .. some people can enjoy driving like those old hollywood movies - wind down the window and rest your arm on the window sill ..

😊

sg too many traffic lights and traffic to enjoy 😅

will like to drive down desaru coast once border open cruising at 110kmh

Esso up 3 cents today.. heng I pumped full tank ytd. 😆

I have fleet discount (22%) for shell and esso, so I take whichever is cheaper for the day lol. 

↡ Advertisement