Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

Crude is lowest in 6.5 years and there is still no meaningful correct in gasoline n electricity prices !

This lagging downward pressure in prices is really unfair to consumers!

Hope CASE wakeup !!

↡ Advertisement

this is why govt want to keep pump price HIGH ... ie: raise excise duty

do you believe this? or it's just another propaganda ... lol

Ha Ha whoever comes out with that stupid explanation is really ka ki kong ka ki song.

• Praise 1

Ya but it produces the most black smoke and the least power

the new dissel cars have alot torque and very clean to the environment with very little co2 emissions la..

you from which era wan?

• Praise 1

the new dissel cars have alot torque and very clean to the environment with very little co2 emissions la..

you from which era wan?

i believe he was referring to spc that might have a more inferior quality diesel?

Twincharged

you from which era wan?

Have you used it and compared with other brands?

Do you want your car to save the environment and give you cancer.........or save the environment and not give you cancer by using super new small sized turbo petrol units......where F/C is about the same and noise is reduced (though, sadly torque also) [grin]

give up siham long time liao

too much siham is not good for health ... lol

so, is siham the last to drop price?

if it is, it'll be my last to go petrol station. [:)]

• Praise 1

Have you used it and compared with other brands?

i see... you are referring to the diesel in question while im referring to new diesel cars..

nope, im driving a petrol car.

Do you want your car to save the environment and give you cancer.........or save the environment and not give you cancer by using super new small sized turbo petrol units......where F/C is about the same and noise is reduced (though, sadly torque also) [grin]

give cancer? can substantiate with some grandfather story anot?

then alot of ang moh going to up lorry in future? since they are strong users of the new diesel power cars for ALOT makes...

i see... you are referring to the diesel in question while im referring to new diesel cars..

nope, im driving a petrol car.

then alot of ang moh going to up lorry in future? since they are strong users of the new diesel power cars for ALOT makes...

diesel makes ang mo tua kee [grin]

I'm going to surprise you but..........yes, from June 14th 2012;

"Today the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) – part of the World Health Organisation – announced that it had reclassified diesel exhaust as a ‘definite carcinogen’ – putting it in its highest category (Category 1).

In other words, IARC’s expert panel assessed all the available scientific evidence and decided that exposure to diesel exhaust fumes can, and does, cause cancer in humans – specifically lung cancer (although there’s weak evidence they’re also linked to bladder cancer)."

This is from Cancer Research UK's blog so make of it what you will.

The next thing about Europe.......diesel sales are dropping. I think the UK share of diesel sales is dropping faster than in mainland Europe but I need to recheck that again. Early on diesel was cheap but the engines were rubbish. Engines got better, diesel got better and sales went up meaning governments added more and more tax.

Now with small block turbo petrol engines (BlueMotion etc.) petrols achieving almost as good fuel consumption, a smooth quiet ride and <cough> a cleaner environment, sales are now going back up again.

Ya but it produces the most black smoke and the least power

funny thing is they usually give me more mileage. about 30-40km more than shell/esso.

I'm going to surprise you but..........yes, from June 14th 2012;

"Today the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) – part of the World Health Organisation – announced that it had reclassified diesel exhaust as a ‘definite carcinogen’ – putting it in its highest category (Category 1).

In other words, IARC’s expert panel assessed all the available scientific evidence and decided that exposure to diesel exhaust fumes can, and does, cause cancer in humans – specifically lung cancer (although there’s weak evidence they’re also linked to bladder cancer)."

This is from Cancer Research UK's blog so make of it what you will.

The next thing about Europe.......diesel sales are dropping. I think the UK share of diesel sales is dropping faster than in mainland Europe but I need to recheck that again. Early on diesel was cheap but the engines were rubbish. Engines got better, diesel got better and sales went up meaning governments added more and more tax.

Now with small block turbo petrol engines (BlueMotion etc.) petrols achieving almost as good fuel consumption, a smooth quiet ride and <cough> a cleaner environment, sales are now going back up again.

check out the coal rollers [laugh]

coal-roller-fine-740x425.jpg

• Praise 1

Not sure why we are talking about cancer now.

Found this more simplified explanation as to why petrol prices remain high despite low crude prices, something that other bros have explained before, but my simple mind couldn't understand then.

Scroll down for the better answer:

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/3hqc5q/eli5_if_oil_is_near_40_a_barrel_why_is_gas_still/

touching $40/barrel and how are the s-hole, si-ham & kotex responding in spore?

so, this is the reason?

100 students need blue crayons. And blue crayons cost 1 dollar from the store but you cannot buy them at the store. Someone in your class has a ton of blue crayons and sells them at $3.00.

Another guy also has crayons and wants to start selling. The new seller realizes that the people who first bought the crayon have already gotten back in line after they used up their crayon. Once he sees that both he and the original seller can sell crayons at $3.00 and still receive the same amount of customers the new guy doesn't have to compete to sell the same amount as the other guy.

Once demand is high enough (gas reaching a point of necessity) you don't need to lower your price.

post-7984-0-43981100-1440162206.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Try caltex for diesel. It's much better

I ever ask caltex their cetane number. It's quite high at 56.

Other oil companies don't bother to respond to me.

• Praise 1

so, is siham the last to drop price?

if it is, it'll be my last to go petrol station. [:)]

Sometime reading this forum want to make laugh.

See the word 'siham' was wondering what English word is that?

After a few second than I realise what does it mean.

This forum really a lot of creative people👍

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2