Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

Hi, All

are we able to conclude (to date; Q3/4 2015) what cards are best for what petrols & its rebates etc. . . . .?

Shell:

???

Esso:

CitiBank Card

SPC:

POSB EverydayCard

↡ Advertisement

How come the vouchers so fast finish?

I went just now and the lady say station extended not going to close so no more voucher. :TT_TT: BTW the vouchers can be used at all SPC or only nearby?

Wah, so fast changed their mind? Good also, that station is convenient. Vouchers can be used at all SPC except Braddell. Yesterday I used one and the counter staff was totally blur cos first time she saw it.

• Praise 1

Hi, All

are we able to conclude (to date; Q3/4 2015) what cards are best for what petrols & its rebates etc. . . . .?

Shell:

???

Esso:

CitiBank Card

DBS Esso Card

SPC:

POSB EverydayCard

For the citi, i use the platinum card although i have the dividend card too

I dont have the dbs esso card, only the dbs live fresh card, any idea if the discount is the same?

Doggie , I got 17% with DBS esso card

• Praise 3

Ok thanks, think me go apply soon [:p]

wallet bursting liao.....too many cards.....but all for different purpose....how huh.....headache

Ok thanks, think me go apply soon [:p]

wallet bursting liao.....too many cards.....but all for different purpose....how huh.....headache

i only got 2 ... hahaha your kind shop too much kekekeke

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

17% on site discount plus points right ? ( I think points should works around 3%)

Spc card + posb everyday card is 15% on site discount +6% rebate ( always recommend to keep rebates and use them for in store purchases like milk bread etc)

• Praise 10

17% on site discount plus points right ? ( I think points should works around 3%)

Spc card + posb everyday card is 15% on site discount +6% rebate ( always recommend to keep rebates and use them for in store purchases like milk bread etc)

ya about there.

rebate point no much use and i think apply to regular price only.

Hee hee....dont really shop, most of the time, i only buy things during sales

give me your card , i help you keep . my wallet very empty :XD:

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

think for SPC, use POSB is best deal, get 6% rebate.

I think there is a tier discount.

If you use UOB, 60 dollars got addition 3 dollars off.

POSB need only 50 dollars I "think"

I thought oil prices dropped these few days... then why aren't the petrol prices dropping?

Is it becos of the tax imposed by garmen?

Sianz ....

if today price increase.. more pple will swing vote to opposition.. :a-aggressive:

News will probably interview "some ppl" and they would say increase a few cents so still ok :D

Always like that when trains fares increase....

But they didn't realize that a few cents per trip/ per pump, can add up to a lot in a year !

• Praise 1

Pump prices up across the board after petrol duty hike
An Esso station along Upper Serangoon Road in December 2014. Pump prices across all four petrol companies were up on Tuesday, following Monday's Budget announcement of a hike in petrol duties. -- PHOTO: ST FILE
PUBLISHED
FEB 24, 2015, 3:51 PM SGT
28 0 0

SINGAPORE - Pump prices across all four petrol companies were up on Tuesday, following Monday's Budget announcement of a hike in petrol duties.

The most popular grade of petrol, 95-octane, now costs between $2.01 and $2.04 per litre. Premium grade petrol, such as 98-octane, now ranges from $2.20 a litre at the Singapore Petroleum Company, to $2.65 for Shell's V-Power. All prices are before discount.

Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam said on Monday the increase in petrol duties, which have remained unchanged since 2003, will "encourage less car usage and reduce carbon emissions".

The tariff for premium grade petrol is now 64 cents a litre, up by 20 cents, while the duty for intermediate-grade petrol - such as 92-octane and 95-octane - is 56 cents per litre, up by 15 cents.

Drivers said they would probably not change their travel patterns, despite the higher petrol prices.

Shipping executive Josh Tan, 35, said: "I don't think any of my habits will change as the convenience of private transport still outweighs the cost."

Mr C.K. Poh, 42, who runs a landscape and interior design business, said he "cannot do without the car", as he has to travel frequently.

"But perhaps I will travel less for the weekend or take public transport," he added.

To ease the burden of the higher costs, the Government also announced a one-year road tax rebate of 20 per cent for cars and 60 per cent for motorcycles.

The one-year rebates are expected to cost the Government $144 million. Meanwhile, the hike in petrol tariff is expected to yield about $177 million more a year.

[email protected]

↡ Advertisement