Pest or insect problems with landed property?

Extinguisher

Deciding between high level condo or landed property. Wife n kids r terrified of cockroaches n other crawlies. Will this problem be prevalent in landed. Undetstand lizards r unavoidable though.

No issues with any pests.

A few lizards but they remain mostly outside.

Once in a while put lizard trap and they disappear for a few weeks, then slowly come back.

In any case it's just a few lizards at the most.

No roaches nor other crawlies.

No rodents either.

Occasionally a dragonfly or two but harmless

Also some grasshoppers which are quite entertaining

Ants are pretty common but they are easily eliminated.

A few small spiders here and there in store rooms etc...

But no real issues whatsoever.

It is important that the landed house is not near eateries, otherwise you will get a lot of pest problems.

Thats why when i buy landed property, i stay away from properties near eateries no matter what.

Edited by Throttle2

Have a chance to live in Landed, dealbreaker is whether pest is a problem!

Uniquely Singapore.

Anyway, on top of pest problem, you will get a lot of mostique bites as well. If you live near a main road, alot of dust as well.

Main road properties are awful, i will never buy.

Noise , dust, danger and less privacy.

Just awful!

Landed property will tend to have pest problems.

My experience is not with things like ants and cockroaches.

My last house, a snake was found sleeping on my massage chair.

Current place, a snake was seen eating a 4 legged iguana in the tree in front, and a family of monkeys keep coming into my property and sometimes even drink from my lap pool.

You stay Cluny hill near botanic gardens, of course lah....

Main road properties are awful, i will never buy.

Noise , dust, danger and less privacy.

Just awful!

You should see how much those semi detached houses along main road Sixth ave are asking for today.

5 years ago nobody even wanted to look at them. There were much better located properties inside the estates off Sixth Avenue.

Today these main road houses are asking ridiculous prices, just because landed properties are booming and they happen to be in district 10. And many idiots are biting!

Sixth Ave is slated for road-widening and will probably eat into the properties along the main road. Many agents will not tell you that. Couple of years ago, I have seen one main road Sixth Ave house with its setback pushed so far in that the car porch can only hold half a car! Which means that you can never close your gate when a car is parked inside. That's just so pathetic!!

Edited by Viceroymenthol

You should see how much those semi detached houses along main road Sixth ave are asking for today.

5 years ago nobody even wanted to look at them. There were much better located properties inside the estates off Sixth Avenue.

Today these main road houses are asking ridiculous prices, just because landed properties are booming and they happen to be in district 10. And many idiots are biting!

Sixth Ave is slated for road-widening and will probably eat into the properties along the main road. Many agents will not tell you that. Couple of years ago, I have seen one main road Sixth Ave house with its setback pushed so far in that the car porch can only hold half a car! Which means that you can never close your gate when a car is parked inside. That's just so pathetic!!

Like you said, idiots.....

Condo still the best to me. Good view. Get one with roof terrace and who says cannot have garden? :D

ya lar if you got money a huge condo penthouse is probably the best.

If your money is limited, it is either live in a smaller place high up, or a bigger place on the ground. The difference in amount of space is a lot.

ya lar if you got money a huge condo penthouse is probably the best.

If your money is limited, it is either live in a smaller place high up, or a bigger place on the ground. The difference in amount of space is a lot.

Its an opinion, but a penthouse is still an apartment on an apartment block. Just that it is usually the highest, & have option of personal view & maybe a small garden.

You still have the restriction of the apartments, like you cannot make the penthouse to your specification (at least not the exterior). You cannot hold big party or do something that may disturb the people in the condo. Its still not your own house, & you still have to use a share parking, though maybe your own carplace, but for sure not a garage, use the lift like evryone else.

Edited by Kiadaw

Its an opinion, but a penthouse is still an apartment on an apartment block. Just that it is usually the highest, & have option of personal view & maybe a small garden.

You still have the restriction of the apartments, like you cannot make the penthouse to your specification (at least not the exterior). You cannot hold big party or do something that may disturb the people in the condo. Its still not your own house, & you still have to use a share parking, though maybe your own carplace, but for sure not a garage, use the lift like evryone else.

You obviously have not seen apartments that can be used to host big parties or have big roof terraces.

Deciding between high level condo or landed property. Wife n kids r terrified of cockroaches n other crawlies. Will this problem be prevalent in landed. Undetstand lizards r unavoidable though.

I think if you diligently clear your rubbish bins, you wouldn't get cockroaches that often. Regardless of high-rise condos or landed.

My home everyday also can see lizards, but that's because got a lot of ants. Yes, I think landed property's most common pest is the ant. So, with ants, you get lizards, cos never ending flow of food source.

Nowadays, I keep getting birds, not the common birds, but the exotic ones like this:

5740208177_2f82edbfb2.jpg

Past 2 years, I have birds building nests on my plants as well. So it was fun.

But the worst thing about landed? Buy newspaper also must drive. Very expensive newspaper. <_<

You obviously have not seen apartments that can be used to host big parties or have big roof terraces.

yeah.. went to a friend's place at upper serangoon.. cant remember the condo name liao.. the Penthouse feel like a landed in the sky.. the first floor is 1200 over sqft... i think total sqft shld be ard 3000 ~4000.

Wah how you know ah?

His can also see fire works and beautiful views leh

Beautiful views like those of David Gan and gang having "parties" in their apartments? Oh yes there will surely be fireworks there too.... Big beautiful explosions....

↡ Advertisement