MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

Fabiaman

OMG this is such a shallow post.

Where do you see this? Please give examples.

So you mean the younger generation should eat at hawker center everyday to show to the older folks that they are frugal?

OK my bad, not all younger generation but the occourance rate is higher.

I agree with icebrush79

After all, we are only descendants of peasants and coolies who are trying to cultivate some culture and status for ourselves.

No matter how many things we possess, how rich we become, we can't wipe off the stink of our peasant/coolie forefathers.

So why try?

In the first place, installment plans for anything should have been banned by the govt.

Easy credit and loans create a false sense of affordability.

Look at Courts. Do you know how many household items are regularly repossessed by them? Sad to say Singaporeans of a certain class have this mentality of buying everything on credit because they want everything newer faster better, NOW.

Nobody tries to save anymore.

The ethics of working hard, saving money, investing wisely has been lost since my generation, ever since MAS allowed financing for every damn thing.

i agree wif him money cant buy class. cuz it doesnt seems to buy him any. mcf simply got too many elites gloating over the poor and middle class. guess we just haf to live wif it

If you can't live with the system, I guess you might wanna make other plans. Or work harder, or hope for richer parents in your next life [rolleyes]

Don't vent your anger on my post because it doesn't serve you any purpose. A forum is for comments ; including comments from people of all walks of life.

encouraging people to extend COE and not buy new cars doesn't make sense from a policy perspective. Number of cars on the road still the same. Old cars mean breakdown more often or more prone to accidents. Insurance premiums can go up.

I think once the used car shops get rid of old and overpriced stocks, they can flourish again cos upfront outlay will be much lower for old cars

It doesn't make sense that the parf rebate will be gone too once we renew...

No need Ah Long. Ready Credit can liao. But anybody who think that they can fund the upfront payment through other means. Please think hard.

Don't think it will work, when the car buyer get the cash from Ready Credit or any other banking loan facilities. When come to credit check by the bank for the car loan, the car loan definitely won't go thru as the buyer have unpaid credit with other financial institute.

It doesn't make sense that the parf rebate will be gone too once we renew...

versus buying a new car? paid off versus take loan + pay more.

if COE is, say, 40K.

New car is 80K.

Downpay amount is same.

But car once renewed is yours for another 10 years. Paid off. Drive song song until Jurong (or Changi for the westerners :P)

Edited by Detach8

i agree wif him money cant buy class. cuz it doesnt seems to buy him any. mcf simply got too many elites gloating over the poor and middle class. guess we just haf to live wif it

not only live it but also zip our mouths.

In the end of the day, it's fair change to the game rule,bcos:

- no impact to the rich

- no impact to the don't

- kenna out from game for the young chips who take 100% loan, 10yrs tenure!

- kenna out but try to get in for the ppl who rely on a car to transport for doing business, take loan from bank redirect to car financing.

- in additoni to above, major existing owners like us will carry on our old gear till its life end.

- COE price may drop in short term, but won't go bottom anyway, if so demand drives in to push it back.

- so nothing much to see, just be your own and stay on course as is lah!

Look at Courts. Do you know how many household items are regularly repossessed by them? Sad to say Singaporeans of a certain class have this mentality of buying everything on credit because they want everything newer faster better, NOW.

not alot lar..... i work their repo department before...

i think on a percentage basis, car repossession is more

If you can't live with the system, I guess you might wanna make other plans. Or work harder, or hope for richer parents in your next life [rolleyes]

Don't vent your anger on my post because it doesn't serve you any purpose. A forum is for comments ; including comments from people of all walks of life.

i thank u for agreeing tat a forum is for comments.

maybe look into the mirror

most of us grew up the same. i, for one, stayed in hdb, study neighbourhood school, go to poly, and got my diploma and now working.

money don't drop from the sky.

eating atas does not make you "high class"

eating hawker does not make you "low class"

its the way ppl think that makes them "low class"

by saying when people suggest one to be frugal and eat hawker center means that the person has no class, your statement is really low class.

it is no different from my female friends who tell me they need that LV or Prada bag because it is a "proper bag". otherwise they no class, no face. to me, the way they see things very low class.

and that's why some people can never attain the level of wealth and complain about it everyday.

orh. yes sir. u HIGH class.

make u more songz bo? [blush]

hello, i dun qoute ur post hor.

any dun farking bring parents into the topic.

Dun even have 10K..... serious??? OMG how can that be???

You mean so many ppl overspend beyond their means huh?? so scary [rolleyes]

It's true.. my personal bank acc has less than 10K. Another ac has only 78 cents. [bigcry]