Proton Exora#2

SGXora

Bro how did u discover or check that the radiator fan is loose? The fan is all black, pretty difficult to see.

I check my by pressing gently the blade area. Making sure there is no wobble.When my blades came off the last time, it fell below where the radiator seats. And the fan motor had a unusual operating sound.

Caution! Make sure engine is totally switched off . If not, fan may turn on any time.

Ahhh... I see. Thanks. have to do it when the engine is really cool, maybe after 3-4 hours after the last trip. Afraid the fan may turn on immediately even after the engine is turned off

Edited by Coolpica

Ahhh... I see. Thanks. have to do it when the engine is really cool, maybe after 3-4 hours after the last trip. Afraid the fan may turn on immediately even after the engine is turned off

Yes. Best checked after car has rested overnight.

I think the recall of radiator fans for certain batch cos the suppliers parts had high rate of failure.

I can usual tell if my fan is working. Cos it's pretty loud. When it's suddenly very quiet. Then I know!

Yes, the two fans are really loud. So paiseh when at times I wait for my family at the foot of my block in the morning. Scare neighbours kena woken up lol

bros,

another noob question. Today drove my car to run some errands. The engine was working non stop for about 2 hours. When I reached home, and turned off the engine, the radiator sudedenly turned on by itself. This is the first time I encountered such situation. Anyone encountered the same situation before?? Is this normal? After waiting for a while, I turned on the engine again and switched it off. This time round the fan stopped totally. By the way, my radiator fan has been replaced under the Proton voluntary recall exercise.

I'm not driving a proton but a WRX and the same goes . Even if engine stop , if my coolant temp too high and hit the cut in temp , the radiator fan will turn on itself to cool down , thereafter stop by itself .

This i believe should be same for some turbo engine as with the turbo its hotter and coolant is use to cool the turbo . If coolant too hot , turbo bearing life will be reduced .

• Praise 1

(edited)

The replacement for my Car's Dim Brake light arrived and TTS replaced it for me.

For the jerking issue, they have already updated the ECU and TCU to latest version but the jerking still persists.

So they are now suspecting that it is due to a Petrol Valve (which is a common issue giving trouble for some 2012 earlier release CFE) so ordered for replacement.

Will update the results after replacement.

My ride is showing new problems after update of ECU and TCU...

Not sure whether it is now related to the Valve issue...

Encountered something like a bit of jerk as well as a wheel slip like sound when moving slowly after stopping at Traffic light or moving slowly during the traffic jam. Initially I thought something got stuck up in the wheel or like the Wheel came out.... so got out of the Car to check but didn't see any issues.

Took the Car to the SC to check all the Joints and no issue found.

So far encountered about 3 to 4 times....

Since it is happening only once in a while, unable to simulate to SC...

Anyway SC suggested to monitor after changing the Valve first.... the Valve will arrive only next week.

Edited by Mandrew
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Just had my timing belt & tensioner replaced- took the mechanic only 45mins to get everything done.

iphone020.jpg

The T/belt seems still good after 80 plus K....

only slight signs of worn but no cracks or splits.

002.jpg

001.jpg

The tensioner also still good too......except for some rust.

Bearing still turning smoothly.

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

Edited by Panhard

haha, I need too.

after replacing the tension belt, will the noise (every time engine start from the cool condition) improve??

• Praise 1

The water pump belt & tensioner was also replaced with the timing belt.

see(photo 1).

The function of this belt also serves to turn the alternator, power steering pump

& a/c compressor.

If you are getting some noise when engine is running in the morning (cold start)

-then do consider having these items replaced.

(photo 1)

0022.jpg

Noticed that my old tensioner(photo 2) is different from the the new part

which is the improved version, also used on the new Proton Preve.

(much quieter)

(photo 2)

0032.jpg

Hope that answer your question Bro. SGxora..

The water pump belt & tensioner was also replaced with the timing belt.

see(photo 1).

The function of this belt also serves to turn the alternator, power steering pump

& a/c compressor.

If you are getting some noise when engine is running in the morning (cold start)

-then do consider having these items replaced.

(photo 1)

Noticed that my old tensioner(photo 2) is different from the the new part

which is the improved version, also used on the new Proton Preve.

(much quieter)

(photo 2)

Hope that answer your question Bro. SGxora..

Bro,

Can share the price of the tensioner, timing belt + the water pump and you get it done. Thanks ya..

• Praise 1

thanks bro.

now roughly understand which type of belt & tensioner to go for, but need to know the cost too.

my ride is OPC, hardly use (meter show 40++ after three year service me), should I change for the timing belt as well?

(edited)

Bro,

Can share the price of the tensioner, timing belt + the water pump and you get it done. Thanks ya..

Bro. already PM you

Edited by Panhard

(edited)

thanks bro.

now roughly understand which type of belt & tensioner to go for, but need to know the cost too.

my ride is OPC, hardly use (meter show 40++ after three year service me), should I change for the timing belt as well?

although your mileage only 40k but already 3 yrs-parts do wear too with time,

maybe you can consider changing at the 4th year, since average is 20k per year.

should be ok looking at the condition of my old belt

taking into consideration how many times I drive to melaka & back per year.

Edited by Panhard