Proton Exora#2

SGXora

Turbocharged

i guess for every 20k km, u can do full servicing. easier to monitor. n by the 4th time, it is 80k which is the major servicing. i jus did a servicing last mth, mileage abt 34k km. i used 6mths interval schedule. n since mine is opc, i guess by the time i reach 40k, it will b another 6 mths. jus nice.

last i did the full servicing, at 20k, was at a proton WS beside holiday plaza. paid abt 750RM in all.

I got a chance to drive my uncle's CFE to Kota tinggi on Sunday with my cousin Wish facelift 1.8 and his brother Stream 1.8 RSZ.All cars are loaded with 7 ppl including drivers.Acceleration wise the CFE was no where till 2000rpm when it overtake both the jap mpv.When speed around 130kmh on highways those 2 are still catching up till they're both beside me when speedo reach 160.I must say the CFE is average due to its heavy weight and low horsepower for a single turbo.I think its just slightly better than normal aspirated 1.8 mpvs but still lose out to 2.0 ones.Darn I wish Proton would consider 5 or speed auto so they can tuned its torque to more respectible 230nm.Overall I would give the CFE 3.5 out of 5.Even the other two drivers was surprise to find out that this giant is only 1.6 low pressure turbo mpv.Only let down is the cvt gearbox.

Supercharged

no issue with engine oil

Check your owner's manual (if you got one), and see what it says.

Neutral Newbie

I've been driving the Exora CPS for coming close to 3 years, and have encountered the engine warning light once. During that time when the car was almost 2 years old, I was experiencing problems with the car's air-con, in which at times I do not get cold air with the air-con on. Strangely, the engine warning light came on too. I went back to TTS, and the problem was traced to a faulty thermo-amp. After the thermo-amp was replaced, the engine warning light cleared.

OT, I've been having issues with the thermo-amp/radiator fan/air-con fuse since day 1. To date I've already changed the thermo amp, radiator fan and aircon fuse twice. Anyone encountered similar issues with the air-con?

• Praise 1

The warning light means there is a fault code...

can be one of the sensors dirty, faulty or a wire is broken causing 'failure'...

Bring to any Proton shop in SG or MY to get it checked

Check your owner's manual (if you got one), and see what it says.

read manual & it says due to an error with emission control system.

But everything is running fine! really funny, yesterday it stayed off for 1/2 day but came back on

this morning again.

I've been driving the Exora CPS for coming close to 3 years, and have encountered the engine warning light once. During that time when the car was almost 2 years old, I was experiencing problems with the car's air-con, in which at times I do not get cold air with the air-con on. Strangely, the engine warning light came on too. I went back to TTS, and the problem was traced to a faulty thermo-amp. After the thermo-amp was replaced, the engine warning light cleared.

OT, I've been having issues with the thermo-amp/radiator fan/air-con fuse since day 1. To date I've already changed the thermo amp, radiator fan and aircon fuse twice. Anyone encountered similar issues with the air-con?

My thermo-amp already replaced 3 times, twice under warranty!

My Air-con fan blade came off once but that was secured back & re-used till today.

However, lately realise that radiator fan motor a little noisy but working so far.

Supercharged

read manual & it says due to an error with emission control system.

But everything is running fine! really funny, yesterday it stayed off for 1/2 day but came back on

this morning again.

It could be anything. Like what sis Meganut said, bring it to a Proton WS, or TTS and have them check it. Maybe its just a sensor problem and need to cancel the error code will settle everything.

Supercharged

My Air-con fan blade came off once but that was secured back & re-used till today.

However, lately realise that radiator fan motor a little noisy but working so far.

Thermo-amo is thermostat ?

Fan blade also can come off ? Did it hit on something to come off ?

:huh:

Neutral Newbie

I noticed of late that the radiator fan has been working harder too.... when driving for more than 20 mins under hot sun or in city start-stop traffic, after turning the ignition off with the keys removed the fan will continue to run for a while (during the 1st 2 years it wasn't like this under the same driving conditions).

This continues to happen even after changing the radiator fan 2 months back. At that time my car was experiencing air-con cut off under hot weather (ie only hot air) and the temperature indicating 4 bars (on 1 occasion hitting 5 bars), which was traced to a faulty radiator fan. On the occasions with the full load of 7/8 passengers, it was an oven for them!

(edited)

Denso fan motor v lousy quality esp those found in msia...

Proton n Perodia uses them sigh

i changed twice-once last yr once this yr

Edited by Meganut

it could be a loose wire...

my car club guy had one of his throttle sensor wire broke and it had the fault light on... exact same one as yours

when i didnt plug in my Air sensor after meddling ard with my car, i had the fault light on... exact same one as yours

my friend swift had the fault light on same one, cos one of his ignition coil was dying

think need to get it read with a fault code scanner

hmmmm

Saw a Sg plate Exora with R3 parts suchs as light pulley,R3 air intake and R3 rims at my usual Larkin workshop but owner not seen,Exora is CPS black normal plate SJZ1xxx with fog lights and oval muffler.Any bro owner here?

↡ Advertisement