Proton Exora#2

SGXora

Neutral Newbie

My slightly over 2 year old Exora CFE experienced an engine overheat issue last night. After some investigation i noticed that one of the connection on the water tank broke. The car was towed into TTS workshop last night.

This morninng i received a call to inform me that my investigation is correct. The water tank need to be replaced. And they informed me that it will take about 2-3 WEEKS to have the parts in for replacement??!?!??!?!

I told the them off naturally... even if they have to buy the parts in from Malaysia, it will take at max 2 days... to tell me 2-3 weeks is really out of whack! And what really makes my blood boil is that they mentioned because my case is a warranty claim case, so it will take longer. If I were to be buying the part, then it can definitely be done faster... WT*!?!?!? [furious]

Anyone got such experience? Any idea if there is any authority in Proton HQ that I can escalate the matter to? Thanks in advance...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro Frachua...any update on your situation?

It's one more day to 2 full weeks where my car is in the workshop. Despite multiple attempts to push for earlier completion of the repair, nothing moves. The only concession that the owner of TTS did was to extend a weekly leasing of a China car, at a very concessionary rate, to my wife who needs to ply the roads in her trade...

We even offered to bring in the parts from JB but was denied, as this will "breach the warranty" and contravene the S'pore import regulations...

I am pretty much resigned to my fate and hope that I can have some good news on Monday...

TTS said they just took over the role of the local part stockist role as well, but have yet to build up any inventory... Let's see... But given a choice, I will still go to JB for any servicing or repair since TTS is known to charge an arm and leg for the slightest replacement of parts...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Was reading the Msian Exora forum...looks like the radiator hose or something has some issues..

Will be bad if Proton exits Spore...who is going to take care of owners like us?

Supercharged

Was reading the Msian Exora forum...looks like the radiator hose or something has some issues..

Will be bad if Proton exits Spore...who is going to take care of owners like us?

Still have plenty of WS across the Causeway who can service your Proton. So worry not.

Neutral Newbie

True...but Msian WS only good for planned services...

Minor or urgent issues still prefer Spore WS...imagine radiator got problem..how to survive the jam into JB?

By the way, does anyone know of any pro-Proton WS in Spore?

Hi all my aircon problem is finally solved with a trip to EON JB, many thanks to Mandrew for the referral there. The problem is thermostat, which was faulty and caused misting and icing internally which choke the aircon vents. Hence no aircon after about 30mins drive despite aircon being cold at start. Thanks to Panhard too, who posted earlier here about his problem which in turn gave me an idea of the problem.

Few days back my wiper motor was spoilt. I went to 2 workshops in SG, and 1 where i was regular. Then I went to EON JB and got it changed there and very happy with what I got price wise. My Malaysian friends says I can get even cheaper outside, but as I dont have experience with outside workshops in JB I am happy to be able to trust the EON with its pricing.

Downside to EON is that the waiting time is long as there is basically a carpark full of cars waiting everyday. I solved this part by taking taxi to City Square which cost Rm10, watched movie at Rm7 (weekday) and had a very good meal at Breeks for Rm15 (weekday promo).

• Praise 1

Silverbullet,

You are Welcome.

Exora brothers always help it other.

Hi all my aircon problem is finally solved with a trip to EON JB, many thanks to Mandrew for the referral there. The problem is thermostat, which was faulty and caused misting and icing internally which choke the aircon vents. Hence no aircon after about 30mins drive despite aircon being cold at start. Thanks to Panhard too, who posted earlier here about his problem which in turn gave me an idea of the problem.

Few days back my wiper motor was spoilt. I went to 2 workshops in SG, and 1 where i was regular. Then I went to EON JB and got it changed there and very happy with what I got price wise. My Malaysian friends says I can get even cheaper outside, but as I dont have experience with outside workshops in JB I am happy to be able to trust the EON with its pricing.

Downside to EON is that the waiting time is long as there is basically a carpark full of cars waiting everyday. I solved this part by taking taxi to City Square which cost Rm10, watched movie at Rm7 (weekday) and had a very good meal at Breeks for Rm15 (weekday promo).

Neutral Newbie

My ride's radiator gave way last Thurs. Had it towed to TTS and got the radiator assembly replaced.

Got the car back on Sat. ABS sensor also bad but no stock for replacement. Got to wait 2 weeks.

Neutral Newbie

Car temp will shoot up very fast and temp gauge start blinking...smoke comes out from bonnet.

Got to immediately stop car, pop bonnet and let car cool down.

Guys...my car coming to 50k/5 yrs servicing. For this, are the any special or particular item to b done? I plan to hv the normal engine oil change n also replace spark Plugs. Anything else?

N which service ctr in jb is recommended?

Edited by Shorty

Anyone knows how much an exora cost with recent price list in feb 2015? Thanks

• Praise 1

Proton has pulled out of Singapore. Best bet is pre owned Exora if u are looking for 1.