Proton Exora#2

SGXora

Hi there.

I used to have such a problem . But mine is a CPS version of exora.
For the first few times the engine lamp lit up, mechanic tried to reset the ECU. Seems to work but then it happens again after a week.

In the end, I went to Proton in Malaysia. They changed the air intake manifold and reset the ECU, then no such occurrence happen again. Not sure if it helps for your issue but just sharing experience here.

I believe that your car could be in a limp mode as it prevents the car from straining itself too much to avoid other damages due to the current problem.

Hi all, thank from me to be able joining this group.
I'm Ahmad.

I need help/ advise regarding my Exora has indication lamp ON, it always appear.
CVT lamp and Engine lamp.
Cause of this 2 lamp ON, i can't bring my car more than 80 KM/ hours and my RPM limited to 2500.

Any body can answer this question? My SC recommended to replace Acceleration Pedal Sensor.
Cause from computer check, show alarm acceleration pedal sensor 1 and 2 low.
Try to reset, alarm acceleration pedal sensor 1 still appears.

Please... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif 

Thank to all

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, thank from me to be able joining this group.

I'm Ahmad.

I need help/ advise regarding my Exora has indication lamp ON, it always appear.

CVT lamp and Engine lamp.

Cause of this 2 lamp ON, i can't bring my car more than 80 KM/ hours and my RPM limited to 2500.

Any body can answer this question? My SC recommended to replace Acceleration Pedal Sensor.

Cause from computer check, show alarm acceleration pedal sensor 1 and 2 low.

Try to reset, alarm acceleration pedal sensor 1 still appears.

Please... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Thank to all

Hi Ahmad ... you from SG?

Maybe ABS pump spoil. Go Johor Proton SC to check and they will give u answer.

For ABS pump, need Order. Me just place deposit RM300 @ Gelang Patah Proton SC ...

Initially encounter blue led {logo like water level indicator} lighted up ... unsure what that is ...

Coz after 1-2mins after car start - this blue led on speedometer goes off

Recently encounter when car stopped. My Radiator fan starts to run & stop after 5-10mins. Read thru forum, claims Relay issue. Went SG Kaki Bukit check - overheat fault. My Radiator Tank leaking ... quote me SG550, $360 for Tank / $190 for Fan-labor included

So decide take off 1 day, rush down to Gelang Patah Proton SC

- zzz, says Radiator Tank ok, only Air Con Fan motor down-NO STOCK!!!

Finally resolve my RADIATOR TANK & Air Con Fan issue @ Gelang Patah, saw 1 x air con shop-proceed to try my luck

Quote ...

Radiator Tank RM450

Air Con Fan Motor RM280

- include labor ...

Ask how many Years in this field - 10 years

At same time, listen to Boss who ask to do Air Con servicing ... RM260, to improve compressor performance which can last for 45km usage. Doubtful when heard as dun know Air Con also need servicing like Engine. However I go for it.

Honest Boss Venesse, if you all want details ... can PM me.

Hi there.

I used to have such a problem . But mine is a CPS version of exora.

For the first few times the engine lamp lit up, mechanic tried to reset the ECU. Seems to work but then it happens again after a week.

In the end, I went to Proton in Malaysia. They changed the air intake manifold and reset the ECU, then no such occurrence happen again. Not sure if it helps for your issue but just sharing experience here.

I believe that your car could be in a limp mode as it prevents the car from straining itself too much to avoid other damages due to the current problem.

Hi Fainsyah.

Thank for reply my issue

Please see my picture, there was always ENGINE and CVT light ON from engine off to engine on and when is use for normal drive.

From the SC, they already reset the ECU, the engine light is gone, just CVT light still ON. But, went the engine is off and on again, Engine light comes again.

SC try to adjusting the clutch, but the rpm can't up to 1500 rpm when in N position, even in D position can't go to 3000 RPM, stay only on 1100 rpm only.

Any experience/ advise again through my exora prime CFE problem?

Hi Ahmad ... you from SG?

Maybe ABS pump spoil. Go Johor Proton SC to check and they will give u answer.

For ABS pump, need Order. Me just place deposit RM300 @ Gelang Patah Proton SC ...

Hi vkmagic, 

Thank you

As per reply me with Fai nsyah, i already go to SC, and they prefer to change APS (acceleration pedal sensor) cause the alarm shown acceleration pedal sensor 1 and 2 low. Try to reset, just left acceleration pedal sensor 1 low. Sensor 2 appear low again after run out check ECU again. Engine light also disappear when reset the ECU, but come again after engine off and start again.

Check all wiring in the APS, still ok. Check wiring to throtle body, ok.

Hi Fainsyah.

Thank for reply my issue

Please see my picture, there was always ENGINE and CVT light ON from engine off to engine on and when is use for normal drive.

From the SC, they already reset the ECU, the engine light is gone, just CVT light still ON. But, went the engine is off and on again, Engine light comes again.

SC try to adjusting the clutch, but the rpm can't up to 1500 rpm when in N position, even in D position can't go to 3000 RPM, stay only on 1100 rpm only.

Any experience/ advise again through my exora prime CFE problem?

post-189901-0-32695200-1496669535_thumb.jpg

post-189901-0-21045200-1496669898_thumb.jpg

post-53030-0-41501700-1499765440.jpg

Anyone interested:

Consist of 03 1litre bottles of proton original radiator coolant (with seal).

& 2 camshaft oil seal & 1 oil seal for CPS engine. (original part-sealed).

name your price. collect at S(680454) pm me 96617281

Was wondering, anyone using Ron 92 with exora? Currently on spc 95, wondering if a Ron 92 is damaging to the car. At ron 95, I can get 9.6km/l on average. Wonder if that's OK.

Was wondering, anyone using Ron 92 with exora? Currently on spc 95, wondering if a Ron 92 is damaging to the car. At ron 95, I can get 9.6km/l on average. Wonder if that's OK.

yeah, used to run on 92 for a couple of times but seriously, I don't like it.

kinda weak and underpowered.

anyway the price for both, is not significant and manageable.

Freaking good, did you travel on highway?

Me in SG using Caltex 95 ... normal road daily traveling ... 7.xkm/Litre

Full Tank 350km max ... haizzz

Freaking good, did you travel on highway?

Me in SG using Caltex 95 ... normal road daily traveling ... 7.xkm/Litre

Full Tank 350km max ... haizzz

Same as me...fc quite jialat :(

Same as me...fc quite jialat :(

Mostly on highway. When driving, drive like tank. Super slow pick up. Heavy car.. fuel consumption sure high, but the cabin is comfy :)

Anyone changed the following before ?

A. Wiper motor. Mine now, lowest speed will get stuck in between wipes. 2nd and fast speed OK.

B. Blower in car, 2nd speed also not working. Dunno is it the fan or the switch unit.

Any idea what's the cost like and if there is a workshop in Johor, where to go ?

Mostly on highway. When driving, drive like tank. Super slow pick up. Heavy car.. fuel consumption sure high, but the cabin is comfy :)

Anyone changed the following before ?

A. Wiper motor. Mine now, lowest speed will get stuck in between wipes. 2nd and fast speed OK.

B. Blower in car, 2nd speed also not working. Dunno is it the fan or the switch unit.

Any idea what's the cost like and if there is a workshop in Johor, where to go ?

My wiper also got prob. Previously intermittent speed will get stuck if it is on for a period of time. N today....it jus stopped. Pointing up. So now i hv no wiper in the rain.

For workshop, i only ever go to hawk tayar.

• Praise 1

My wiper also got prob. Previously intermittent speed will get stuck if it is on for a period of time. N today....it jus stopped. Pointing up. So now i hv no wiper in the rain.

For workshop, i only ever go to hawk tayar.

I used to go hawk tyre exclusively last time too. The service quite good and the mechanics there pretty honest with items to replace and/or repair.

I used to go hawk tyre exclusively last time too. The service quite good and the mechanics there pretty honest with items to replace and/or repair.

Yes correct. If u don need to replace an item, they wont. Even if u want, they will advise u n say mayb next service then change.