Proton Exora#2

SGXora

Thanks for the info Bro @BammelSkoder

For engine mounting and disc rotor and skimming etc..you can try the workshop at Johor Jalan Kelewang

[/img]

Jalan Kelewang

https://goo.gl/maps/BCtQeAGScKr

I did my skimming plus brake pads there. You can bring the parts there. Normally lots of singapore car in the morning..opens at 8

You will see a car workhop with signage 'Brigdestone'

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for the info Bro @BammelSkoder

For engine mounting and disc rotor and skimming etc..you can try the workshop at Johor Jalan Kelewang

Jalan Kelewang

https://goo.gl/maps/BCtQeAGScKr

I did my skimming plus brake pads there. You can bring the parts there. Normally lots of singapore car in the morning..opens at 8

Bro Humdinger...thanks for the info bro. [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Bro @BammelSkoder...no problem..if it is a hassle to go JB...u can try go to Kaki Bukit Autohub..Shah W Ibrahim One Stop Auto at Level 2 #02-06(i think)...contact no.9382 4541...look for Dafiq or Lokman

Bro @BammelSkoder...no problem..if it is a hassle to go JB...u can try go to Kaki Bukit Autohub..Shah W Ibrahim One Stop Auto at Level 2 #02-06(i think)...contact no.9382 4541...look for Dafiq or Lokman

Bro humdinger... Thanks for the info bro....going to JB this coming Monday for mounting and rotor change...At the same time window shopping for new tyre and front shock absorber [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Hi have anyone fit a permanent roof rail on a exora before?

Recently bought a cps model. Btw what type of mileage you guys getting? I getting only 11l / 100km is that normal?

Edited by Bambino
  • Praise 1

Hi have anyone fit a permanent roof rail on a exora before?

Recently bought a cps model. Btw what type of mileage you guys getting? I getting only 11l / 100km is that normal?

Hi there.

Never fit a permanent roof rail. 

For my four years owning an exora, mine ranges from 9.4l/100km to 10.0l/100km

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I am selling off my Exora CPS 2009 soon. There are a few things that I think can be reused. Do PM me if you are interested. For pricing, we can discuss via PM.

1. Carpet (Thick Maggi type one, cut nicely, bought 6 mths ago)
Front 2 pcs,
Behind, 1 big piece

2. Nitro ODB For Fuel Saving

https://www.cardiagnostictools.co.za/eco--nitro-obd2-chip-tuning-boxes

3. Tyres (Varied condition) & Rims (Not good condition)

205 55 16 - Front Michelin XM2  Less than a year

205 55 16 - Rear Bridgestone Ecopia Less than a year

Spare tyre at bottom of car (Not used before)

Cost of swapping to be borne by buyer

4.  Front Strut bar in engine bay (Used for 4 years)

5. Hurricane Air Filter at air intake (Swapping)

6. Boot tray 

7. Silicon key cover Orange (New)

8. OSRAM Nightbreaker Headlights (Used for a year)

9. Radiator cap with gauge 

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Thermo-Radiator-Cap-with-Water-Temp_60086681440.html

If there is anything you need or to be swapped, let me know.

Thank you.

Hi there.

Never fit a permanent roof rail.

For my four years owning an exora, mine ranges from 9.4l/100km to 10.0l/100km

Ohh OK thanks so get those clip to door type? And how do you get 9 plus 10l /100km? Please share! I did everything possible still 11l

LoL

Ohh OK thanks so get those clip to door type? And how do you get 9 plus 10l /100km? Please share! I did everything possible still 11l

LoL

1. I don't carry that many people over the weekdays to work. My daily route to and from work would be only around 30km daily. So I guess that helps. The journey is via an expressway and I am hardly stuck in a jam as I try to go off before 6.30am and return home before the peak hours, say 4.30pm.

2. The car basically has a 16 inch eco tires Michelin X2 and Ecopia. Other add ons that I think can improve fuel efficiency

- OBD Nitro for fuel saving

- Hurricane Air Filter

3. Using RON 92 from SPC

4. I try not to rev more than 2500 RPM if there is no need to. So really slow acceleration and cruising speed on expressways around 80-90km/h

That's why I think the fuel consumption is low.

I also noticed that long distances for the Exora at constant speed really improves the fuel efficiency as well. Start and stop traffic might not be good as everytime the car moves from stop, it takes a lot to move forward (reference to the instantaneous fuel meter).

Over the weekends was shuttling from place to place for the whole day non stop, just sending relatives, and topped up at the end of the day, got 11.4km/l. 

1. I don't carry that many people over the weekdays to work. My daily route to and from work would be only around 30km daily. So I guess that helps. The journey is via an expressway and I am hardly stuck in a jam as I try to go off before 6.30am and return home before the peak hours, say 4.30pm.

2. The car basically has a 16 inch eco tires Michelin X2 and Ecopia. Other add ons that I think can improve fuel efficiency

- OBD Nitro for fuel saving

- Hurricane Air Filter

3. Using RON 92 from SPC

4. I try not to rev more than 2500 RPM if there is no need to. So really slow acceleration and cruising speed on expressways around 80-90km/h

That's why I think the fuel consumption is low.

I also noticed that long distances for the Exora at constant speed really improves the fuel efficiency as well. Start and stop traffic might not be good as everytime the car moves from stop, it takes a lot to move forward (reference to the instantaneous fuel meter).

Over the weekends was shuttling from place to place for the whole day non stop, just sending relatives, and topped up at the end of the day, got 11.4km/l.

Obd nitro? Hmm maybe I shld look into that. I'm using caltex 92. I used to hit 10.6l / 100km but slowly crept up to 11 Edited by Bambino

Neutral Newbie

Anyone with exora unable to start occasionally, have change fuel pump , battery and starter but still having this problem.. any advise?

• Praise 1

Anyone with exora unable to start occasionally, have change fuel pump , battery and starter but still having this problem.. any advise?

Last time I had this, had to go to Proton Langkasuka to diagnose. They had to change my air intake manifold and reset my ecu.

Only then the unable to start problem disappeared.

Not sure if it's the same for yours but share my experience.

Anyone here did a fuel pump change in singapore? how much it cost? Frustrated when my car crank but engine can't start. Bo Pien have to call in on-site mechanic. He did a few checks and found out no fuel to my engine. No choice to tow and sent to workshop.