Proton Exora#2

SGXora

let me ask my shop for u...

my brakepads is less than rm40....in sg is a whopping $55 exclude labour- labour $40 to $60 if i not wrong hahaha...this is at the agent thats why people change brakepads will do it during servicing so labour is cheaper lol

↡ Advertisement

Left 6 months. I was told that warranty would not be affected if the car is serviced by Proton authorised service centres in Msia. But find it a hassle to take leave. If I service at TTS, I can leave the car there and pick it up after work.

Any of the Exora Bros here interested to try out the Air Intake Power Compressor?

If interested, you can take it from me for Free.... [rolleyes] ... collect at Woodlands side...

I was using this in my Old CPS and there was good response in power.

Need to keep to correct tuning inorder to maintain FC else it will drink more...

post-87104-1366433327_thumb.jpg

You may need the help of a Accessories Shop to fit (In JB it may cost you RM25 and requires about 15mts only).

Just including to the existing Air passage only so no cutting or dismantling required.

May require to use new Silicone hose....

post-87104-1366433585_thumb.jpg

*but at the same time take note that if SC sees this, they may void your Warranty.

Edited by Mandrew

Hi Bros and Sis,

Might be driving to Melaka this June holidays. Wondering what will the toll charges be from Woodlands to Melaka and back to Woodlands?

Thanks in advance

http://www.plus.com.my/

i usually top up rm100 at jb to go malacca.. usually spend abt rm60-80 cos i go via second link and sometimes i take secondlink to skudai for bfast and route back... first link slightly cheaper... cos tuas toll is rm7.50 when you enter or leave causeway...

can top up rm60 for a start and monitor.. shld be enuff

Edited by Meganut

Hi Bros and Sis,

Might be driving to Melaka this June holidays. Wondering what will the toll charges be from Woodlands to Melaka and back to Woodlands?

Thanks in advance

Heading to Melaka, normally I would top up rm100 to my touch & go card.

From my place going thru Tuas is convenient but cost more.

A one way trip around $40-$45. Three toll booths .

Can check plus website for actual costing.

Edited by Panhard

Just to share with you on the Wireless TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)

I'm a Lazy guy in monitoring the Tyre pressure [:)] and usually will only check once in 3 months or so....

The tyre shop was advising me to constantly monitor for the better tyre life as well as for fuel efficiency.

I was looking for a TPMS product for quite sometime.

Was more interested in linking to the existing DVD Player so that I can avoid another one Monitor :)

I looked various options for this.

Saw one from Ototech trading in Malaysia, but the rate was very high (around RM1300) to link to my existing Pioneer DVD player. But they claim they are using Taiwan Sensors also and that's why it's expensive. The connection is making use of the reverse gear relay so it will automatically trigger whenever there is an alert from the device like air pressure is too low or when the tyres are over heated. But I couldn't get any reviews of theier module which they were using.... and was bit worried whether the sensors will work fine.

I also saw a few of the China make ones which was very cheap... but saw few reviews saying that it is not reliable... and sometimes cannot get signal.

The European products also were too expensive.

Saw another product from Orange a Taiwan based company and saw quite good reviews (http://www.orange-electronic.com/index_en.html).

But they don't have any inbuilt devices to connect to DVD player...

I finally decided to go for this after considering the following -

- the monitor is very small so can be fitted anywhere

- 1 year Warranty by Singapore Sellers

- the price is only half of the inbuilt one (SG260 including installation)

- good reviews from Users (some using this for about 2 yrs) so is reliable

- Company is also investing well to make the Branding

- claims 7 year battery life for the sensors.

- No need to cut any wires or any additional connection to the DVD player.

The installation is done by just removing the current Tyre valve and install the Sensors (http://www.tirepressuremonitoringsystem.com/tire-pressure-monitoring.html). And then plug in the monitor Unit to the 12v outlet.

You can view the Tyre pressure(in kpa or Psi), Heat (in F or C) and the Battery Voltage.

I compared the pressure with the manual reader and it is almost accurate.

post-87104-1367211039_thumb.jpg

post-87104-1367211061_thumb.jpg

post-87104-1367211083_thumb.jpg

Note : to handle with care when when changing the tyres or rims.

Supercharged

Looks good, thanks for the info. [thumbsup]

Do you also have a pic of the sensor installed into the tyre valve? I can't visualize what's its like when attached to the tyre...

Hi guys! My rear aircon-vent still gives a stale smell when switch on. I have clean the filter below the dashboard. Seems like the front air-con doesn't have the smell but the rear one does. Is there a separated filter for the rear air-con vents ? Pls share.

• Praise 1

Hi bros,

My Exora went going past those speed strips, the sound 'thump thump' can be heard quite extensively in the cabin. Do u guys have such experience? Could it be due to my coilover not able to function properly and hence the sound can be heard so clearly in the cabin?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys! My rear aircon-vent still gives a stale smell when switch on. I have clean the filter below the dashboard. Seems like the front air-con doesn't have the smell but the rear one does. Is there a separated filter for the rear air-con vents ? Pls share.

U park your car at open carpark with direct sun or multi storey carpark?

The smell is actually bacteria growth.. where there is moist and heat.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I wanna do floor soundproof.. any recommendation workshop?

Important price good and do it fast.. and quality of material also.

(edited)

Have been planning to soundproof my car as well. Decided to DIY,like bro Andrew, on soundproofing the floorpan. For the doors, I have decided to let the accessories shops do.

Before I DIY, I have asked a couple of shops for their prices, attached below, for your reference.

E Rev quoted $520 for soundproofing the floorpan and $580 for spraying the undercarriage and wheel arcs. The brand of soundproofing mat used is Alpha. E-Rev

ST Mobile Audio quoted me an estimated price of $1000(based on $50/mat and using 20 mats) for soundproofing the floorpan. The brand used is Stp.

Recently I came across this brand, Sound Guard (Soundguard. The authorised dealer in SG is Autoimage Enterprise (Autoimage. Have yet to call them on the price.

Alternatively, I am looking across the Causeway for cheaper deals. Let's keep each other updated on the deals found. :D

Edited by Coolpica

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bro.. I plan to do diy also but need guidance on removing the seats fastest easier way.. hehe

Im looking at across causeway..

↡ Advertisement