Proton Exora#2

SGXora

Completed the Sound proofing for the Flooring....

It was quite a tiring task but now enjoying the results.... [rolleyes]

Total about 6 to 7 hrs of hard work.... [bigcry] ....

Used 2 materials to do the flooring. A Japanese brand bit heavy Deadening material for the Front and 2nd row (Purchased from Maxaudio Online). The rest I used the normal Sound Proofing Bitumen Sheets. Total weight about 8 to 9kg.

Sharing some of the Pictures here...

Started off by dismantling all the seats.

post-87104-1362232795_thumb.jpg

The Deadening Material in the Front as well as the Middle row.

post-87104-1362234248_thumb.jpg

The rest with normal Sound Proofing Material

post-87104-1362234298_thumb.jpg

post-87104-1362234313_thumb.jpg

Was on MC the next day as I couldn't even move :D

↡ Advertisement

Steady la bro, is it difficult to dismantle the seats and carpet flooring? Less road noise than before after installation? Maybe u can conduct a workshop for the rest of Exora owners who are interested! Hehehe

Steady la bro, is it difficult to dismantle the seats and carpet flooring? Less road noise than before after installation? Maybe u can conduct a workshop for the rest of Exora owners who are interested! Hehehe

Ha... Ha... now also the Muscular pain is there [rolleyes] .. so cannot think about another episode... (but will be doing the Top also sometime later...).

It took about 1 and half hrs for me to dismantle the Seats.

The Middle row was a bit troublesome for me as it was my first experience...

I was alone, if there were 2 people the tasks would have been easier...

The Floor Carpet removal was very fast but had to spent lot more time in fixing back as I had to dismantle the side Plastics inorder to fit the Carpet inside.

Yes, could really feel the difference on the road noise.

The previous day I asked my Family members also to listen to the Road noise so that they can appreciate the differences.

Now after fitting, they also able to feel the difference.....

Any intention to SP the firewall as well? The engine roar for CPS can be loud at times

A bit scare to do there as I got lot of wiring there due to my Additional fittings like Audio Amp, Auto Sensors, Easycar Alarm System etc...

During this time, without dismantling, I tried pasting some to the reachable areas....

Yes, in CPS it will surely bring down the engine roar.

Just do a normal Sound proofing using the one with the Heat insulated one on the Inside Bonnet itself will give you very good result.

I tried this on my earlier CPS last time. I bought the Sheet from JB Brothers for less than RM50 (for a 1.5mts sheet)

Saw Proton advertisement in Straits Times today. CFE selling at $109,999. With 60% loan and 5 years tenure, monthly instalment is about $1200+

(edited)

Saw Proton advertisement in Straits Times today. CFE selling at $109,999. With 60% loan and 5 years tenure, monthly instalment is about $1200+

All the Vehicle dealers in SG have to adjust their prices now inorder to get more sales.....

Edited by Mandrew

just checking, is it easier to do SP on firewall as compared to floor plan?

Firewall should be easier.

For the floor you need to dismantle literally everything....

I also wanna do alignment. Read in forums that hawk tyre is good. They hv a few shops in jb. Nearest one is nearby to pelangi mall.

Yesterday was in Permas Jaya so took that opportunity to search around for Balancing and Alignment.

2 of the Workshop quouted RM48.

I was lucky to see the Alignment been carried out for one Exora at the Tyre Workshop with big Yokohama Boards just beind the KFC in Jln Permas.

But one thing I noticed is that in their Software they didn't have Exora listed under the Proton.

The Workshop Guy waited for a while and then went on choosing with a name which was present on the list (I don't remember exactly the name).

When I enquired, he said it is almost the same.... but, I was bit puzzled by seeing that.....

Seems like his Software is not updated.

Ask them to Check my tyres and understood it is time for change so decided to change in Singapore as I also want to change the Rims to 17 inch and I was already eyeing on a particualr design which I couldn't find in JB.

So did the upgrade at a Worshop in Kaki Bukit and they done the Balancing and Alignment together with that.

Noticed that he selected Exora itself under the Proton list.

(edited)

thanks bro, shall buy SP material and try to do the firewall by myself. ^_^

Let me know if you require the Material (PM me).

I ordered 3 boxes from Maxaudio and only Used up 2.

It's a good quality made in Japan product recommended for Floor.

I also have the normal SP Sheets but will know the actual balance only after completing my roof Sound proofing :). This is a normal bran and no emblom or brand on the material. Sametime, if you are able to spend more, go for STP or Silient or Dynamat....

Edited by Mandrew

(edited)

Bro, which tyre shop did u go in Kaki Bukit in the end? Care share the address? Thanks ^_^

Edited by Coolpica

Bro, which tyre shop did u in Kaki Bukit in the end? Care share the address? Thanks ^_^

Will share the address today eve or tomorrow as their Business card is at Home.

I was specifically looking at Continental CPC 5 tyres with the Rims as I was using them for the last 3 yrs and it was quite as well as Comfort.

So got a better offer from them for the RIMS + Tyres (CPC5 made in Europe not Germany)

↡ Advertisement