Proton Exora#2

SGXora

i also always go to the tebrau branch. went to sutera mall branch twice. go there can go makan n shopping. but tebrau easier. so far so gd. going there next mth for oil change.

↡ Advertisement

I used to go hawk tyre exclusively last time too. The service quite good and the mechanics there pretty honest with items to replace and/or repair.

Does hawk tyre repair as well? My wipers are going to die soon and my fan switch speed 2 is no longer working.

Any idea if they have spare parts or do they need to order first. Anyone has contacts of the personnel at hawk tyres?

• Praise 1

Does hawk tyre repair as well? My wipers are going to die soon and my fan switch speed 2 is no longer working.

Any idea if they have spare parts or do they need to order first. Anyone has contacts of the personnel at hawk tyres?

You can try and give them a call. They have a website with contact number for the various branches so can choose which branch is convenient for you.

For your issue I’m not so sure. Previously some lights in my central console (aircon knobs and gear stick) not lit and they said they only deal with engine related matters. Electrical not their scope, but that was last year.

No harm giving them a call to ask.

• Praise 1

Thank you! Will give it a try! Did you manage to fix the light problem at your aircon knobs and gearconsole then?

You can try and give them a call. They have a website with contact number for the various branches so can choose which branch is convenient for you.

For your issue I’m not so sure. Previously some lights in my central console (aircon knobs and gear stick) not lit and they said they only deal with engine related matters. Electrical not their scope, but that was last year.

No harm giving them a call to ask.

CFE or CPS any difference?

Wondering... cos I am driving a CPS. Is the fuel efficiency and power more in a CFE Exora? Car has 2 years to go... wondering if it is worth to make that change to a CFE car.

Any advice?

Thank you! Will give it a try! Did you manage to fix the light problem at your aircon knobs and gearconsole then?

Wondering... cos I am driving a CPS. Is the fuel efficiency and power more in a CFE Exora? Car has 2 years to go... wondering if it is worth to make that change to a CFE car.

Any advice?

The new model should hv better FC.

My wiper went dead. Had to change the motor. Apparently no other cars ever had to change motor wiper...only exora. N not cheap. Changed at hawk for rm340!

Read from their Facebook posts for exora. Wiper dead thing is quite common for exora... Hoor mine lasts till December holidays :)

The new model should hv better FC.

My wiper went dead. Had to change the motor. Apparently no other cars ever had to change motor wiper...only exora. N not cheap. Changed at hawk for rm340!

Read from their Facebook posts for exora. Wiper dead thing is quite common for exora... Hoor mine lasts till December holidays :)

Yeah apparently its "factory-fitted" fault. Those in malaysia made a complain to proton. As it is something small, dont tink proton own up to it.

Any advice?

Nope. They told me they don’t deal with electrical items. Only engine related issues.

But the lights worked perfectly after that servicing though. Miraculous.

Lol

My ride also faced issues with Wiper last time. Front stopped working and rear one was slow and a bit noisy.

This happened during the warranty period. So Larkin SC replaced to new Motors.

• Praise 1

Any advice?

Yes, there is quite a good improvement.

I owned a CPS for 2.5yrs and then upgraded to CFE about 5yrs back.

Fuel efficiency is good. As the turbo kicks in only at 2k-rpm, you can decide how you want to drive.

After every service, I cld get 100km for 8.8 to 9.5 liters (based on OBD2 app). Mid way changes to 9.5 to 10.5 liters.

Could really see the difference in Power. I've driven to Cameroon highlands and Genting 2 times each in CFE and same places once in CPS.

CFE can climb without any effort. My Bro-in-law accompanied me in his Toyota Picnic also could notice how CFE is smoothly taking the hill. Both cars had equal passengers of 5 each.

Other noticeable improvement is in Sound proofing (which you can do lot as aftermarket).

Ofcource, speaking about the other side is the maintenance cost. It is higher than CPS. Some of the parts like spark plugs etc... are costlier and should use proper Oil and coolant as to maintain the heat generated from the turbo engine....

Overall a good ride and you'll enjoy.... Especially when you move from CPS to CFE.

• Praise 1

Yes, there is quite a good improvement.

I owned a CPS for 2.5yrs and then upgraded to CFE about 5yrs back.

Fuel efficiency is good. As the turbo kicks in only at 2k-rpm, you can decide how you want to drive.

After every service, I cld get 100km for 8.8 to 9.5 liters (based on OBD2 app). Mid way changes to 9.5 to 10.5 liters.

Could really see the difference in Power. I've driven to Cameroon highlands and Genting 2 times each in CFE and same places once in CPS.

CFE can climb without any effort. My Bro-in-law accompanied me in his Toyota Picnic also could notice how CFE is smoothly taking the hill. Both cars had equal passengers of 5 each.

Other noticeable improvement is in Sound proofing (which you can do lot as aftermarket).

Ofcource, speaking about the other side is the maintenance cost. It is higher than CPS. Some of the parts like spark plugs etc... are costlier and should use proper Oil and coolant as to maintain the heat generated from the turbo engine....

Overall a good ride and you'll enjoy.... Especially when you move from CPS to CFE.

Thanks Mandrew for the insights!

a few days back, saw an SLE plate exora ( new plate old car) breakdown near queensway, outside SOC... poor pakcik was on the phone trying to call tow truck i think... boot was filled with groceries.. maybe just back from jb... is exora really that bad? quite a few selling on sgcarmart.. any views?

Bought the car on its 6th year. Had to replace quite a number of things.. But after that car has stabilised. It's a spacious car. It is heavy and at times does feel underpowered with a load of 6 adults but it gets the work done :)

Think the exora here might be reaching the point where wear and tear start to show ba.

Not necessarily say poor quality or whatnot.

Jb Proton authorized workshop should be able to solve issues rights.. parts I think easy to find in jb.. spacious for 6 adults? 3 heavy build and 3 medium built okay?

My first servicing, I sent over to Proton Larkin. They managed to solve all the issues that the car had.

3 big sized and 3 medium should be ok. But the 3rd row a bit squeezy.

It is true on the wear and tear and change of parts, no doubt but there are common issues like ABS light or engine light lighting up.

ABS and engine light ? Sounds like serious issue.. what causes that ?

Well it depends. Read from the Malaysian Facebook group

ABS light might be due to faulty ABS sensor

Engine light can be resolved by resetting ecu.

Mine was only resolved when I changed the manifold intake.

• Praise 1

My motor wiper is down...now cannot use wiper during rain...anybody knows where to change the motor for wiper? Or go to JB Proton servicing?

I changed mine at hawk tayar jb. Forgot how much... But to me quite ex for a tiny thing. Hehe
↡ Advertisement